[News] Pawel Sasko has been promoted to Quest Director.

+
I loved the quest design in Cyberpunk
Yeah, all 5 of the quest chains that had any design beyond text summaries were interesting :p

But yeah, good for Pawel - always seems to be passionate about the games in interviews, excited to see more of what he and the team come up with.

Congratulations, I think it is well deserved. Now he has the enormous responsibility of making us live again a great story in the night city that is not predictable and keeps us glued to the seat, as has been the first. I have no doubt that he will and we will once again recognize his great work together with the CDPR team. You are very big!!!! Please keep improving Night city, let's keep living this great city !!!

Guest 3847602

Yeah, all 5 of the quest chains that had any design beyond text summaries were interesting :p
You forgot the main quests. :)
As for the gigs, yeah, there's a LOT of them in this game (half of all side quests, if I'm not mistaken) and context was indeed mostly provided through the text, but I still had fun doing them. What they lack the most compared to the best mini sidequests from TW3 and what I believe it makes them less memorable in the eyes of the many is the emotional impact (there's no equivalent of Little Red, Black Pearl, Blood Ties, Equine Phantoms, etc...)

Congrats

BUT

In his streams he's way too proud of the quests in cyberpunk :LOL: I think they're inferior to their previous work pretty much in every aspect. I hope such pride won't stop CDPR to go back to the old greatness

You forgot the main quests. :)
As for the gigs, yeah, there's a LOT of them in this game (half of all side quests, if I'm not mistaken) and context was indeed mostly provided through the text, but I still had fun doing them. What they lack the most compared to the best mini sidequests from TW3 and what I believe it makes them less memorable in the eyes of the many is the emotional impact (there's no equivalent of Little Red, Black Pearl, Blood Ties, Equine Phantoms, etc...)
I didn't forget - the main quest is one of the 5 chains I mentioned, of course :p

But no, I don't think it's just the lack of emotional impact, it was the lack of context that made me feel like the quests in Cyberpunk were wasting my time, for the most part.

As an example, monster contracts in TW3 were not so different from cyberpsycho hunts in CP, but the difference for me was that a Cyberpsycho fight was built up by... a short, impersonal, non-interactive lore-dump. In TW3, you had to go talk to a person, get information, yes maybe even some emotional stakes, understand the impact your action is going to have on the world, and then you have the fight - after some investigation that fed into the preparation mechanic.

It was a similar situation for all the side gigs. I think CP missions had more complex design in terms of gameplay than the quests in TW3, but the lack of context made it feel like I was just following quest markers and checking items off a list. Better games, TW3 included, hide that inescapable fact with more effort and variety put into presenting the story and context of the quest.

So, to sort of bring this back on topic... I hope CDPR and Pawel Sasko are able to identify and address the issues in CP's quest design so that future titles can benefit.

Congratulations to him.
To be honest Cyberpunk 2077's missions are very linear except for the first main mission, but this mission designer seems to take pride in his work, however almost no reviewers say 2077's missions are well designed, CDPR needs change not ridiculous arrogance.

Congrats Pawel!!! :)
i really enjoy your twitch stream 'Sasko Sunday' is a thing. As for new missions: I really like to see more missions like Breaking through: Rescuing the girl, and Going Pro with Meredith Stout asking you to steal the Bot from Royce. I like how its done its more storydriven instead of fast missions from fixers which are nice too but dont have the same quality like the storydriven missions i think. I hope you bring Cyberpunk2077 to a higher level i really want this game too succeed.

Top Bottom