Next game Steampunk 1850?

+

Forum veteran
It's weird to see steampunk hate considering that it has all of the crazy inventions and social inequality of cyberpunk, only with 3000% more top hats and flintlock pistols. And monocles!

Cyberpunk speculates about the depths of human awfulness that are capable of being sunk to when technology lends itself to new misdeeds. Steampunk is about embracing the considerable depths of human awfulness intrinsic to our species, like a super classy form of existential horror that's then candy coated in the whimsy of clickity-clank machines and snooty castes.

In summary, y'all crazy.

It's weird to see steampunk hate considering that it has all of the crazy inventions and social inequality of cyberpunk, only with 3000% more top hats and flintlock pistols. And monocles!

Cyberpunk speculates about the depths of human awfulness that are capable of being sunk to when technology lends itself to new misdeeds. Steampunk is about embracing the considerable depths of human awfulness intrinsic to our species, like a super classy form of existential horror that's then candy coated in the whimsy of clickity-clank machines and snooty castes.

In summary, y'all crazy.
You're missing the point. Cyberpunk is Cyberpunk.

In summary, y'all crazy.

I honestly think "cyberpunk" as a subgenre takes itself too seriously but it is often more fantasy than sci-fi. At least steampunk has a sense of humor :)

A new Dark Fantasy Rpg!
Bitte Cdpr:)
402916-ddarkness-dark-fantasy.jpeg

A new Dark Fantasy Rpg!
Bitte Cdpr:)

I would 100% support a dark fantasy cRPG set in Victorian England or its equivalent fantasy setting, think HG Wells meets Jules Verne meets Charles Dickens but with more murder and a good dose of ghosts, spirits and the occult. Hmm, this sounds vaguely familiar... CDPR, please get the rights to make a Penny Dreadful cRPG!

Playing as an occult private investigator in a gothic or noir setting would be really cool. I would like him to rely more on his wits and occult knowledge to survive though, instead of being some kind of sword-swinging, gunslinging death machine.

@227 As someone who is studying to go into game design in the next couple years one of my backburner projects right now is at its core steampunk.

Yeah, this is not bad idea, imho. Theres already Dishonored so the ground-work is kinda done, but even then its way bigger risk than Cyberpunk. Mech game is better idea.

Yeah, this is not bad idea, imho. Theres already Dishonored so the ground-work is kinda done, but even then its way bigger risk than Cyberpunk. Mech game is better idea.
Mecha game does not suit CDPR style, I can't imagine something like that being made by CDPR :D

Top Bottom