Next-Gen ed. QUEN's dmg calculations are completely BU9GЕD, leading to the PRIMARY-mode sign being completely USELESS. (PC, Death March, NO mods.)

+

A.P.P.

Forum veteran

Can't comment on the pre-Next-Gen patch, platforms other than PC, difficulty levels other than "Death March!",
NOR the Quen sign's ALT-mode of casting.

But otherwise, the fact stands:

Some coder over at CDPR must have screwed up a decimal point in his damage calculations in the Next-Gen patch's build
for the QUEN sign's PRIMARY mode of casting.

It's honestly REALLY bad. To the point where the primary mode of casting is nigh-useless.

--

I can demonstrate myself via video recording of various in-game tests that I performed, but I honestly don't see the point:

The change-for-the-worse should be IMMEDIATELY OBVIOUS for ANYONE who's played the game PRE-next-gen
and knows well how Quen's primary mode worked and what huge help it was back THEN.

Still, if you wish to test, then do so yourself:

1) Equip yourself with armor that has the highest combination of glyph slots and % monster dmg reduction, then fill in those slots with Greater Quen Glyphs.
2) Crank up your Sign intensity with skill slots, mutagens, potions and decoctions.
3) Crank up your % Monster dmg reduction with the same.
4) Keep on meditating until dusk and/or dawn, until your Basilisk decoction gives you a buff to Quen.
5) Draw power from a Quen place of power.

6) Go to Devil's Pit and engage in battle the Level 1 (yes, ONE.) WILD DOGS in the area...
If your maxed-out and overbuffed Quen shield absorbs MORE than 4 (yes, FOUR) hits, then record it and get back to me.

--

Man...
I've said it before, I'll say it again: It almost feels like this "Next-Gen" patch was designed to intentionally SABOTAGE the game... -_-

When's 4.02 coming out, CDPR ? ~_~

A.P.P.

Forum veteran

Guys... it's been TWO days since I started this thread...

Where are you guys? >=(

Top Bottom