Next Gen Save Files

+
Apologies if this was officially answered somewhere, but will I be able to continue my save file from my GOTY edition on my PS4/PS5 to the next gen version on my PC?

Last edited:
Apologies if this was officially answered somewhere, but will I be able to continue my save file from my GOTY edition on my PS4/PS5 to the next gen update?
Not sure we received an official answer, but I bet yes. Knowing that it will "only" be an update. And above all, you were able to keep using "previous" saves on Cyberpunk after the "next-gen" update, so I don't see any reason why it would be different for The Witcher 3 :)

That's a good question .... What I have been trying to find out is if I buy the full Complete Edition will I be able to run it alongside the Game of the Year Edition ... I want to keep my Game of the Year Edition for comparison and archival purposes like I was able to do with Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered

I couldn't transfer my save from PS4 to PS5. My PS4 version is stuck on version 1.62 and didn't get updated. I tried to manually check for updates but that didn't help. I have the original digital version with the season pass and all DLC installed. Region Saudi

Yeah me too, stuck on v1.62. South East Asia region. No new update from CDPR. Please read this CDPR !!!!!!!!!

Just for someone keen to know how to transfer the save, here is my experience, from xbox one X (previous generation) to PS5.
Pls read it thouroughly before you start.
1. you need to update the game on the old platform (for me it is the x1x), to the latest V4.x.
2. launch the game and load the latest save, and then save it to a new slot. The game will prompt you that the new save will not be compatible with the old versions. After saving, you may see there is a version 4.x on the save icon, while the old saves are v1.x.
3. quit to the main menu and select the last option, MY AWARDS (should be like this, cannot remember clearly). there will be a link to GOG and you can also visit it by scanning the QR code shown below the link with your smart phone.
4, on the GOG page, click on CLAIM and login with your GOG account. You may need to create a new acc if you dont have yet, For me , I just log in with my GOG existing accout.
5. after you log in to GOG correctly, the old console will show that you claimed the awards.
6. Now, go to your new platorm (for me is it the PS5), update the game to the latest V4.x (actually since it will take some time, you may do it earlier).
7. launch the game on new platform, go to main menu and select the last option, MY AWARDS.
8. repeat the steps in step 4, link with GOG account.
9. after success, you may select LOAD and you will see the latest save file on your new platform. Enjoy!

Let me know if this works for you or anything not clear to you.

Just for someone keen to know how to transfer the save, here is my experience, from xbox one X (previous generation) to PS5.
Pls read it thouroughly before you start.
1. you need to update the game on the old platform (for me it is the x1x), to the latest V4.x.
2. launch the game and load the latest save, and then save it to a new slot. The game will prompt you that the new save will not be compatible with the old versions. After saving, you may see there is a version 4.x on the save icon, while the old saves are v1.x.
3. quit to the main menu and select the last option, MY AWARDS (should be like this, cannot remember clearly). there will be a link to GOG and you can also visit it by scanning the QR code shown below the link with your smart phone.
4, on the GOG page, click on CLAIM and login with your GOG account. You may need to create a new acc if you dont have yet, For me , I just log in with my GOG existing accout.
5. after you log in to GOG correctly, the old console will show that you claimed the awards.
6. Now, go to your new platorm (for me is it the PS5), update the game to the latest V4.x (actually since it will take some time, you may do it earlier).
7. launch the game on new platform, go to main menu and select the last option, MY AWARDS.
8. repeat the steps in step 4, link with GOG account.
9. after success, you may select LOAD and you will see the latest save file on your new platform. Enjoy!

Let me know if this works for you or anything not clear to you.
Thanks for sharing
However, the main challenge still remains, which is updating the old game to 4.00

I'm really glad I can save as often as I want in witcher 3. Especially if the game crashes, I lose no progress.

Top Bottom