Next Gen update for The Witcher 3 base game + EXPANSION PASS

+
Hi,

I bought the game on PS4 some time ago (base + expansion pass) but I can only get the base game update for free.
The PS STORE tells me that I need to repurchase it if I want to play Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone. Can someone help me understand this issue ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 07.57.44.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 07.57.44.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 104
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 07.57.50.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 07.57.50.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 109
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 07.57.56.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 07.57.56.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 105
Hi!
I live in Hungary and I downloaded the PS5 version of the expansions from PS Store, but when I start the game it does not recognise the DLCs just the base game works for me. I already tried everything, pls help me. THX!

Thank you! I will wait for it :)
You're welcome :)
(fingers crossed that they would be able to fix it quickly)
Hi!
I live in Hungary and I downloaded the PS5 version of the expansions from PS Store, but when I start the game it does not recognise the DLCs just the base game works for me. I already tried everything, pls help me. THX!
Yes, like noticed in the link that I posted previously, Hungary is in the affected countries too.
Nothing that you can do by your own I guess, you just need to be a little patient, CDPR is aware about the issue ;)
We're aware and currently working on an issue where players from a few countries who own the base game + expansions may not be able to find and download the PlayStation 5 version of the expansions on the PlayStation Store.
Affected countries include: Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine.

You're welcome :)
(fingers crossed that they would be able to fix it quickly)

Yes, like noticed in the link that I posted previously, Hungary is in the affected countries too.
Nothing that you can do by your own I guess, you just need to be a little patient, CDPR is aware about the issue ;)
It's not the same issue.
Tech support site is reporting that some users can't find the PS5 version of the DLCs at the PS Store.

FredT reported that he downloaded the DLCs but they aren't recognized by the game.

I have the same issue

Years ago I bought the base physical version CUSA 01440 and both DLCs were bought separately.
Downloaded the upgraded base game after inserting the disc and found manually the PS5 versions of the DLCs (as they are not linked anyhow with the base game in PS Store menu).
Both DLCs are installed, my console is seeing them as part of the PS5 version of the game, but the game itself is not recognizing them. In the game main menu it is stated "available" instead of "installed" as it was on the PS4 version. When I enter the in-game DLCs menu, I see all the free cosmetics and small mission add-ons, but not the big DLCs.

The licences restoration doesn't help and I would be very surprised if it had, because the PS5 versions needed to be "repurchased" for free to assign them to my account minutes before launching the game.

Attachments

• 20221214_155541-COLLAGE.jpg
    20221214_155541-COLLAGE.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Yup, I've got exactly the same situatin thonka1 described. Game on disc, expansions bought separately, downloaded PS5 versions for everything and the game doesn't see the expansions. You would think that CD Projekt tested that configuration.

Both DLCs are installed, my console is seeing them as part of the PS5 version of the game, but the game itself is not recognizing them. In the game main menu it is stated "available" instead of "installed" as it was on the PS4 version. When I enter the in-game DLCs menu, I see all the free cosmetics and small mission add-ons, but not the big DLCs.
Maybe related, but on Series X, all my "old" XB1 DLCs & expansions received an update (which I did obviously^^). But the game itself didn't recognize them (like you, "available" but not "installed").
I had to go in the game management (Xbox settings), validate all the expansions and DLCs to start to download them (they didn't appear as installed so they were added in the download queue). But instead of been downloaded (again), they all just be "validated" in a row in a couple of secondes.
And the game recognize them :)

Not sure if it's clear and the same on PS5 (check in your game management in case).

Hi, I have the same problem on PS5 in the Dutch (Netherlands) Playstation Store: Bought the EXPANSION PASS for PS4 before, but I have to pay again for the PS5 versions of the DLC's. Is CDPR reading this Forum? Can I let them know somewhere else? Netherlands isn't in the affected area mentioned yet.

Hi,

I bought the game on PS4 some time ago (base + expansion pass) but I can only get the base game update for free.
The PS STORE tells me that I need to repurchase it if I want to play Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone. Can someone help me understand this issue ?
I think the new update is buggy for ps4 cause for me it deleted all my old save files and doesn't save any new ones I make so they'll probably fix it? Right now I'm just not touching it cause I've seen other bugs from people

It seems that the issue has been fixed. I've downloaded the latest patch for PS5 (4.002) and now the game recognizes both expansions. I had some problem with importing PS4 end-game save (game crashed everytime I tried to load it), but I've deleted all the files, redownloaded them and used different save file. This time it worked:)

Hi CDPR I am from Argentina Inhabe the normal version with all DLCs bough separately. Seems ik my PS5 i cannot make use of the new version 4.0 as I do not see the new menues, like cannot select the new feature kind of gameplay, the new camera angles, the new graphic options.

Hi CDPR I am from Argentina Inhabe the normal version with all DLCs bough separately. Seems ik my PS5 i cannot make use of the new version 4.0 as I do not see the new menues, like cannot select the new feature kind of gameplay, the new camera angles, the new graphic options.
Tale a look here in case :

I found the solution for this issue: You need to be sure that the available version for PS4 has mentioned "purchased " and not "free" as a label; Afterwards, I downloaded them together with the PS4 version, and voila! The PS5 version of the DLCs was available for free and integrated with the main gate as "installed".

I found the solution for this issue: You need to be sure that the available version for PS4 has mentioned "purchased " and not "free" as a label; Afterwards, I downloaded them together with the PS4 version, and voila! The PS5 version of the DLCs was available for free and integrated with the main gate as "installed".
It actually works for me too...how stupid is that...just press the download button to download the ps4 version of the DLC so the status changes from free to purchased and that triggers that the ps5 version is available for free, than you can directly cancel the ps4 download. Thanks for the answer altshift_kill

Top Bottom