Next-Gen Upgrade: Crowds/NPCs, Weather and other

+
Been playing a lot since the 1.2 patch update on my ps5 and it has improved a lot. I believe CDPR will continue to improve and support this game as time goes and I'm enjoying it more, but it does get me thinking about the next gen upgrade beyond just the graphical. Mostly the world itself. I'm confident it will have the added fog/steam/smoke, raytracing and other elements to the environment similar to the PC, but one part I feel needs a update period is the rain and crowds.

Out of the many hours I played it has only rained a few times apart from a story beat and it would be cool if it happened more and looked better. I think having a toggle in the menu options where when its raining there's a water on screen effect will help a lot beyond it just looking better as it falls. Another would be NPCs reacting by having umbrellas and others just moving quicker with the arm/arms above their heads. Which leads me to crowds.

In regard to crowds, beyond the AI reactions to whatever the player character is doing, is it possible to consider turning a large percentage of the worlds NPCs more static and putting them into small loops comparable to a large scale version of the approach that the Hitman Trilogy did? I know that's a big technical thing but could that provide larger Crowds similar to what you see during some quest and areas, because then NPCs would be less random with some areas feeling completely empty and NPCs popping into existence right next to you. Then crowd scaling for different visual settings for next-gen consoles could feel more curated with 60fps-45fps-30fps 4k/1440/1080p and ray tracing modes.

Beyond those 2 things I still will like to see UI color schemes beyond red, blue icons above police instead of red like other enemies until they change to attack mode, and playing radio stations outside of vehicles through your phone.

Also I would love to see Dating DLC in the future. I know they're plenty of threads with this topic so having it as a DLC is cool, then you can have whole dates that are mini games like bowling, dancing, karaoke, dialog trees that leads to side quests a lot of ideas that can be consolidated into that.

I've been enjoying more of the game and looking forward to more improvements.

Any thoughts on the next-gen improvements and modes?

Personnaly, i'm on XBSX (it run well), if we can already approach the graphics quality present on PC, I would be happy :)

That's totally unstainable, but for me and a lot of people it's not just about a graphics update. When it comes down to it the PC version needs all these improvements as well.

Right now the game isn't even listed on the PS store because of the problems this title had. I'm very happy that they are steady updating it, and they will continue to support it throughout, but many of the things that people are asking for are things they lied about before the game release. The big one being NPC'S.

The promise of that is ironic because there's a game that came out a month before it that does what they promise called Watch Dogs Legion. Every NPC has a daily cycle and personal history, while Cyberpunk NPC's appears and disappears right beside you. GTA V AI from 8 years ago has better dynamic actions, dialogs, and reactions. They're many problems with this game and the solution for many isn't just next gen upgrade PC level graphics.

And beyond that, for me it's the little things matter.

Water on screen effect toggle in menu
UI color schemes
Blue icons above cops
AI reactions to rain like using umbrellas, hands over head, walking faster
Viewing your character for previews when shopping for clothes
Animations for drinking and eating from your menu
Tattoo and Barbershops to change your hair, tattoos, and piercing's
Fast travel through the metro gives you a variety of scenes of your character getting on and off, riding the train. At least as a loading screen
More Side activity's like, karaoke, Life path specific quest, and more gun range missions.

Also Vehicle customization

I'm glad that they're many people who love this game, I myself enjoy it. But its not finish.

All these little things adds to polish. And I know this game can shine brighter.

PC version needs all these improvements as well.
Not only that, but the graphics on PC are not without issues. Tons of LOD pop-in problems, shadow draw distance problems, missing or unloaded full-res textures, etc. If the graphics on PC ever make it to a state appropriate for a modern PC title, last-gen consoles will not be able to catch up.

Top Bottom