Next patch likely 1.3 in the end of the month

+
Watching the steamDB for new update information and there's no new build for testing out in 14 days. This leads me to believe there's no hotfixes coming before 1.3.

So my guess is that in the end of the month we'll see 1.3 (which seems to be the standard for Cyberpunk now, that 1.1 followed with 1.11 and 1.12 fixes and 1.21 and 1.2 followed up with 1.22 same kind of trajectory).

Also with the recent Tweet about expanding afterlife, I think we're going to see some DLC content added into next patch, hopefully not only DLC we'll see but at least it's something to hopefully peak players interest for other upcoming DLC later.

1620808891882.png

So, more quests are quite likely to be added and hopefully they fix the police as it's been multiple small improvements already with how they spawn and where, modders since the December have been enabling these police chases so it's not like there isn't some chase logic on the cars themselves. The biggest obstacle seemed to be technical difficulties of loooong chases due to how the original police mechanism was implemented and how basically agression was based on the area where you first did the crime, but with since 1.21 I noticed the police can chase you for hours if they maintain vision on you, so I'd imagine this is something that is one step closer to full on police car chase being possible.

There was also some talk in Twitch stream by Paweł Sasko in the most recent video where he confirmed that the map fix is a bit more complex because it requires loading more assets. Those who don't know, the whole map that you see on top corner isn't actually "map" at all but a representation of objects rendered, that's been pretty obvious to those that have seen the modders expanding the map size, where you see map rendering new objects on the go when you're zoomed out.

Maybe there's some work-around around the corner, where the entire map is pre-rendered outside of the whole object oriented world, and then that way it'd be possible to just partially show parts of the map on the fly, so perhaps something like this (below), where map is split into something like 10 000 x 10 000 grid, where your current location and the ones nearby are loaded in, while rest remain unloaded.
1621858295895.png

The current version of the "map" design is good for showing the lootable objects, NPC's etc but isn't good for displaying large areas due to it's limitations of requiring objects to be loaded, that's why it's highly likely the fixed version would be a hybrid of static image of walls and roads and presentation of non-static rendered objects. (at least that's how I'd imagine it would be done).

Of course I'm not expert in making games so I don't know if there's something that would restrict using such map. Perhaps the fact there's a lot of ascension and going inside elevators, so it wouldn't be just one flat map to load in either case.

Other way to do it could be just preload more assets in it's most raw form where it only exists in map until it gets loaded closer. This would still drain more power and take it away from somewhere else.

1621957582287.png

I would highly suggest taking away the extra computing power in either case by cutting these distant cars in one quarter. The whole distant traffic is just massive power sink.

Of course with e3 coming out next month I'd imagine they already have a ton of DLC material to promote for incoming content in the next following months before release of the next gen later in second half of the year (probably Q4).

They've stated in latest investors calls that they've had 60% of developers working on new content for some quite time now, so I'd imagine some life improvements like modifying cars would get added in near future. The question is not if they're going to do it but when it's going to be released.

I wonder if we're going to get some sneak peek about incoming changes for 1.3 in the end of this week like 1.2 was teased 2 weeks earlier.
I don't think they'd tease us with a tweet about Afterlife expansion with a content that's to come over a month later.

So what could we expect in 1.3 in end of the month? We can judge what's to come based on what was being worked on 1.2 as well.
- More improved police, arriving in crime scenes in cars (already worked on 1.1, 1.2, 1.21, 1.22)
- Making civilians more responsive (already worked on 1.2)
- Traffic AI being improved (already was worked on 1.2 but didn't appear as a huge change), hopefully they fix the spots with cars driving through rails because it's frankly pretty embarrassing and most visible flaws they currently have.
- More quests from Rogue, all/most seem to require max street cred. (tweet)
- Map fix being worked on hopefully releasing on 1.3 or the following hotfixes. What is clear that it's being worked on as we speak.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I didn't know that they'd said more devs are working on new content so thanks for mentioning it. There's some bugs I often get when roaming around and doing random missions here and there that partly made me eventually give the game a rest for a while in the hope that they'd be mostly sorted out when I got back to it (my character floating along the ground stuck in a jumping animation for instance which happened fairly often when free roaming), but I'm not sure how that's going really because so many of the patch notes have usually been focused on quest related bugs.

When I got into playing it so often during the 200 or so hours I was on it, it really did feel like it was probably one of my favourite ever games when it works so I'm not just trying to be negative either. The main hope is that eventually the focus shifts a bit from quest bugs to working on the actual main character movement/sound problems and other npc and environment bugs that are encountered out in the open world. If that's eventually done I'll probably be back playing again regardless of what new content is added.

I know there's a lot of players wanting full overhauls of different systems within the game, I'm mainly in the camp of just wanting what's already there to be less buggy though for the most part, then any future dlc/expansions can help add more to the game after that.

Well said.

I don't think there needs to be some large overhaul. Just adding some simplistic reputation system would be fine enough. Being friends with gangs wouldn't no longer turn you hostile if you walked near them, and then there would be a separate gang shops where you could buy specialized gear with cheaper prices and more rarer loot.

I think with the online play, they kinda have to bring better character animations for moving and so on, making mirrors actually work, making a later option to enable 3rd person view in menu etc. A lot of people have been asking for this and I don't think anyone disliked the e3 demo's with seeing V in elevator etc.

Making the mirrors actually work would probably be asking a lot for now. But DAM they could at least make all the mirrors need to be manually turned on like the one in V's apartment. That way you are not required to flip your Frame Rate back and forth from 10fp to normal to avoid all the predictable mirror crashing. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, the one in Vs apartment was NOT the type you operate manually when the game first came out but they patched that quickly in the first or second patch?

Anyway switching out the 8 (?) "real" mirrors in the game that auto crash during normal game play (to the manual operation mirrors) should not be that difficult for them. And that would mean eliminating 8 known and perpetual CTD for every play through!

Last edited:
I think with the online play, they kinda have to bring better character animations for moving and so on, making mirrors actually work, making a later option to enable 3rd person view in menu etc. A lot of people have been asking for this and I don't think anyone disliked the e3 demo's with seeing V in elevator etc.
I dont think we'll ever see an official 3rd person mode. The game wasn't meant be played in 3rd person (at least not in the version of the game thats been worked on for the past few years).
To add 3rd person would require a ton of extra work on animation and environment interaction I just dont think it would be the best use of their time. I really doubt its anything they're even considering...I could be wrong and maybe they have a big surprise for us all. I wouldn't get your hopes up though.

Last edited:
Here's what I think we'll get with the next patch:

1. More "optimisation" through making the LOD distance even more restricted.
2. More missions bugfixes (correcting scripted events that won't trigger during missions).
3. CD Projekt pushing for that consoles performance so I think it will be the big focus of the upcoming patch.
4. Very cosmetic traffic improvements but no overhaul.
5. Very cosmetic crowds improvements but no overhaul.
6. Very cosmetic police behaviour improvements but no overhaul.

The last 3 points are the most difficult ones I think. They require senior programmers to sit down and re-do the entire thing as what we have now is an obvious placeholder or a work of an amateur. It would be great to see a lot of quality of life improvements that bring up the overall quality of the game but I'm not counting on it. If anything, we will probably get the true overhaul of the game with those big expansions everybody's talking about but nobody will admit they are in the works.

Last edited:
Well said.

I don't think there needs to be some large overhaul. Just adding some simplistic reputation system would be fine enough. Being friends with gangs wouldn't no longer turn you hostile if you walked near them, and then there would be a separate gang shops where you could buy specialized gear with cheaper prices and more rarer loot.

I'm not sure how you can become friends with any of the gangs :) V messes with all of them to earn some eddies and doesn't take jobs directly from them. it is not impossible to implement this even in the current game but that would mean a lot of extra work. For the current game is more realistic to have special items from the fixers.

I feel like it's too early to add new content. We have enough bugs already, and new content can only add more of those. Repair the game before expanding it.
Personally i was hoping for a hotfix 1.23 addressing the bugs that 1.22 created for some, but the tweet can't really mean a hotfix. Let's hope for a great bug fix list within the dlc.

Good post. At this point have they even made any real improvements? To my knowledge it's all been bug fixes. There's literally dozens of gameplay aspects that could use upgrades, like AI, melee, boxing, driving speed, vehicle handling, particle effects, interactivity etc. A lot of people want to see improvements before they start adding more game. This was in fact what they said they'd do.

I'm not sure how you can become friends with any of the gangs :) V messes with all of them to earn some eddies and doesn't take jobs directly from them. it is not impossible to implement this even in the current game but that would mean a lot of extra work. For the current game is more realistic to have special items from the fixers.
Well,you have a mod for pc that does that...it is the immersive roleplay mod...it adds gang affinity and other stuff...so it can be aded...

Well,you have a mod for pc that does that...it is the immersive roleplay mod...it adds gang affinity and other stuff...so it can be aded...
I started testing mods not so long ago and indeed, mods can make the game experience much better depending on what people want. But when CDPR implement something they need to think if it is suitable for the game. There is a flying mod, does it make sense that V can fly? Not exactly, but people who want it can use it. Whatever CDPR want to implement they need to do it not only on PC but also the console version and to have a logical explanation for doing it.

I started testing mods not so long ago and indeed, mods can make the game experience much better depending on what people want. But when CDPR implement something they need to think if it is suitable for the game. There is a flying mod, does it make sense that V can fly? Not exactly, but people who want it can use it. Whatever CDPR want to implement they need to do it not only on PC but also the console version and to have a logical explanation for doing it.
Gang afinity would make a lot of sense for me. Being affiliated with a gang not as we are a merc. But before this I'd love if they tweeked some gigs and blue events acording to our decisions. I can't name names of missions or locations but I remember killing Royce and weeks later hearing maelstroms talking about him as if he was still alive. Same with Jotaro...

and more Romance (especially Hanako...)
You dream... V and Hanako ?
It's never going to happen. V is a totally insignificant to Hanako :)
If she talks/helps V, it's just to regain control of Arasaka, otherwise she won't even glance at you :(
At 70+ (if i'm correct), she's still alone, it's not for nothing. She's not going to stoop to mixing her noble blood with a simple merc out of nowhere.

Last edited:
I do not think in that way, I think it is not impossible my friend, I mean, before the events of the Chip I would agree with you, but you assault Arasaka top tier chip from her Brother, you kidnnap her from the parade and defeated Oda in single combat! even when you meet her before the final mission you can look on her face and see she is kinda ''amusing'' to see your V, even if you choose siding with Arasaka in the final mission you rescue her from her brother's house and if you choose to leave the orbital station she calls you (of course you could say she wanted only to use V on Arasaka's jobs, but still she remembers).... and... it is a game why not? you could make it happen, maybe put some conditions like first be a Corpo..

Yep, not impossible, it's a game ;)
But for me, it's highly improbable simply due of her condition (daughter of the most powerful man in the world) and V (unknown little merc).
That's the fun part in RPG, the impossible possible haha, It could be not public relationship, a hidden one, you know? It may happen, who knows, since (in my ending) Arasaka will take time to rebuild and maybe she can talk with you....they can just make it happen.. haha but I got your point

but I think by the end of the game since you're now a legend or before you make yourself aware in NC, so I do not think you are a nobody anymore.

Top Bottom