NG + at this point

+
NG + at this point

So, finishing HoS left a witchery itch that needs scratching. I intend to do that by starting a NG +. Thing is I heard it's broken after the newest patch. Is this true (then I'd wait) or can I safely begin with NG +?

Thanks in advance guys

So, finishing HoS left a witchery itch that needs scratching. I intend to do that by starting a NG +. Thing is I heard it's broken after the newest patch. Is this true (then I'd wait) or can I safely begin with NG +?

Thanks in advance guys

If you're playing on Steam, there shouldn't be any major issues. If you're on gog - same thing, but make sure you've redownloaded all the free DLC.

On consoles, the free DLC won't work on NG+ (until the fix is released), and any DLC items in your inventory will be removed (and it's likely they won't be auto-restored once the fix on consoles is out).

So, if you're okay with those things, then playing NG+ should be fine.

If you're playing on Steam, there shouldn't be any major issues. If you're on gog - same thing, but make sure you've redownloaded all the free DLC.

On consoles, the free DLC won't work on NG+ (until the fix is released), and any DLC items in your inventory will be removed (and it's likely they won't be auto-restored once the fix on consoles is out).

So, if you're okay with those things, then playing NG+ should be fine.

Yep, I'm on gog, so I'll give it a try! Thanks for the quick answer.

---------- Updated at 05:47 PM ----------

I started a fresh new game 2 days ago. 6th playthrough.. omg I need help

I know how you feel, dude :D I was intending to wait for a second playthrough some time after the second expansion, but looks like this plan got cancelled.

As far as I remember, NG+ doesn't adapt to the player level, but assumes lvl 30+ and is balanced accordingly. Did that change with HoS? Starting a NG+ with level 39 and everyone being somewhere between level 30 and maybe 35 doesn't sound too exciting.

As far as I remember, NG+ doesn't adapt to the player level, but assumes lvl 30+ and is balanced accordingly. Did that change with HoS? Starting a NG+ with level 39 and everyone being somewhere between level 30 and maybe 35 doesn't sound too exciting.

Play on the hardest difficulty and then levels almost don't matter. Enemy attacks inflict heavy damage all the time so you gotta be always careful. :) I've also heard that your mastercrafted armor becomes quickly useless so you could use your gear from normal game the whole time in NG +, if you find it too easy.

I htink NG+ replayability would be much better if you didnt started with all the stuff from previous play, and actually had to search for those alchemy recipies again.. but of course, another issue is the fact this game was not designed with the New Game + mechanics in mind, as character development is practically done by level 30.. you only have 12 active slots, so at that point, gaining level only gives you those hidden bonuses, while all the difference is made by equipment.. which is kinda shame, as i think character development should be responsible for Geralts effectivity, not the level of weapons and armors he has...

overall, i think weapon damage should be much more linear, with just small variation per weapon quality, while damage potential should be increased by gaining levels.. this way, experienced witcher would be very effective even with base sword, while inexperienced one could use the best sword in the game, and still not be as effective with it...

only once.

edit: you can start ng+ as many times as you want but you will always have to load your save game that you used to finish your normal game.
Yeah CDPR said that you can start NG+ off any Geralt.. even the pre-made Geralt you get if you start Hos from the main-menu.

so after just finishing white orchard on NG+ , lvl 39 from main game, i am asking if theres any more powerful bombs and oils to search for in NG+? As far as i can see the only thing thats been upgraded is the new legendary armours , or am i missing something.. thanks

Top Bottom