NG buffs are a joke... right?

+
I’m consistent. I hate heatwave even more than Yennifer. It’s not so much the tall removal - it’s the extreme generality with cards with cards needing no set up and having no counterability
Same here.

For me, korathi in a list of toxic cards wich includes yenvo, ball, yrden, cahir and others

I’m consistent. I hate heatwave even more than Yennifer. It’s not so much the tall removal - it’s the extreme generality with cards with cards needing no set up and having no counterability

Yet you seems to be fine with:
- Vincent, Geralt ( base and professional ), scorch, Curse of Corruption, Glorious Hunt, Vilge, Morelsee, Serpent Trap, Champion's Charge, Graden, Schirru, Blizzard, Imlerith's Wrath, Igni, Leo, Imperial Manticore, Predatory Dive
All cards with destroy effects and most need minimal - if any - setup. Yenvo is a card that belongs to a faction which (should) rely on control but right now it only has a couple of locks and poison without any points ( Cahir Bricks hard against wide decks and midrange and NR can simply duel the defender and then Cahir himself )

- Vincent, Geralt ( base and professional ), scorch, Curse of Corruption, Glorious Hunt, Vilge, Morelsee, Serpent Trap, Champion's Charge, Graden, Schirru, Blizzard, Imlerith's Wrath, Igni, Leo, Imperial Manticore, Predatory Dive
All cards with destroy effects and most need minimal - if any - setup. Yenvo is a card that belongs to a faction which (should) rely on control but right now it only has a couple of locks and poison without any points ( Cahir Bricks hard against wide decks and midrange and NR can simply duel the defender and then Cahir himself )
At last half of these are considerably harder to pull off than Heatwave/YenInvo and come with tricky conditions.

"minimal setup" isn't the same thing as No setup. Yenvo like heatwave requires none and it's VERY cheap and potentially allows for a huge point swing depending on the card that's taken. That's far too much for too little with no way to counter.

Indeed, I am fine with every card you listed (but not with Philippa Eilhart). There are major differences:
1. Theft and banishment bypasses both death wish and graveyard. Death wish and graveyard mechanics at least give some strategic interplay with removal.
2. Heatwave and Yenvo have 0 conditions — not conditions easily met, 0 conditions. Every card you mentioned has some condition/limitation on triggering except for Vilgefortz, which places a consequence on removal. These conditions and consequences give potential for strategic interaction. The only way to interact with Heatwave or Yenvo is to play no cards worth targeting — a spam or lose mentality that is horrible for the game.
3. Many cards you listed do not destroy specific, selected cards, but cards with traits like strongest card. These can be played around.

Finally, I consider Serpent Trap to be one of the best designed cards in the game. It’s not powerful, it’s very random, but it is the only card that allows interaction with an opponent’s special cards.

Nice way of deflecting the blame to the fans for "misinterpreting" the misleading tweet. It's not like people expected a major overhaul just something more than lazy provision changes.
I've uninstalled. This entire "We know better so just shut up and accept our failed patches time and time again" attitude I'm sick of it. It's abundantly clear they have no respect for their loyal fans so why bother?
They will keep excusing the failed balancing by saying they're busy with the new expansion which I'm sure will bring another batch of problems they will fail to deal with. It's a vicious cycle and I'm getting out.

Nice way of deflecting the blame to the fans for "misinterpreting" the misleading tweet. It's not like people expected a major overhaul just something more than lazy provision changes.
I've uninstalled. This entire "We know better so just shut up and accept our failed patches time and time again" attitude I'm sick of it. It's abundantly clear they have no respect for their loyal fans so why bother?
They will keep excusing the failed balancing by saying they're busy with the new expansion which I'm sure will bring another batch of problems they will fail to deal with. It's a vicious cycle and I'm getting out.

Not to mention the numerous bugs and glitches like the colour of some titles, Experience not advancing, rp not showing etc.
Hell, the veteran title was not even patched properly so instead of counting your previously triggered veteran units the counter was just reset to zero.

I feel your pain.

Right now, the game is like chess, but SK has all queens, while NG has all pawns.

NG buffs were not a joke. The devs just did not put a lot of thought into the "buffs". NG cannot compete with every other faction point wise. You wipe their 3-4 point bronzes and then what? Maybe a leader ability that copies opponents for assimilate? Lack of Double Ball and more provisions really killed its chances this season. Ball was their big removal and without it most decks feel lame.

Last edited:

M3e0w

Forum regular
NG is weak, and while most of the buffs were useless in terms of faction balance they brought some old cards into "playable" range, even if not very good.
The Shillard buff is kinda neat too.

The thread is ment to argue that NG needs more buffs to be really competitive, it doesn't say it's completely hopeless/unwinnable.
While all these people arguing NG is strong are annoying, throwing a temper tantrum because NG didn't get the promised buffs is far worse.

Last edited:
Just played my first game of the day and all I got was a nerve/ball busting-breaking experience.

Assimilation-aristicrat-poison-lock-spies deck+usurper+brathens+roderick+
that fat f****g purify-poison cook + Ball played 4 turns before the end of R3.
Complete devastation, defender purified, engines locked, copied and killed.
This s*** is out of this world.
The only way I could've maybe win would be if I pushed for a 2-0.
So i'm supposed to "tryhard" everytime I see NG I suppose, I will from now on.

NG has been nerfed but people complaining bout NG being completely weak imo have no idea what they're talking about.
Compared to NR and SK maybe, not in comparison to other factions though.
The buffs were a joke for sure but this is plain toxic.

Just played my first game of the day and all I got was a nerve/ball busting-breaking experience.

NG has been nerfed but people complaining bout NG being completely weak imo have no idea what they're talking about.

Rank? Your Deck? Sounds like a classic assimilate + ball, probably piloted well.
Want to nerf NG again?

rrc

Forum veteran

You see assimilate. You don't push R2. You lose.
It is as simple as that.
You see assimilate. You push R2. You win a short R3.
It is a little bit more complicated that that, but it is really simple. You need to push until you get all the big cards: Bratheens, Portal, Triss and Assimilate 2 engine. Once you pull out the tooth, Assimilate in R3 is a toothless snake.

BTW, I don't play NG. I am just a non Nature's Gift ST player - playing Guerilla Tactics and Deadeye Ambush.

Rank? Your Deck? Sounds like a classic assimilate + ball, probably piloted well.
Want to nerf NG again?
The deck was a combination of DW units with Haunt, Crones for support and Ethereal.
Nah... I don't want NG nerfed.
I just want people to see that NG is not as weak as it is presented these past weeks, it's weak in comparison to how it was, competitively against NR and SK,sure... aren't we all? -- but overall...? No, that's an exaggeration.

The deck was a combination of DW units with Haunt, Crones for support and Ethereal.
I just want people to see that NG is not as weak as it is presented these past weeks, it's weak in comparison to how it was but overall...? No, that's an exaggeration.

It's weaker overall because you are forced to play the same cards unless you want to lose. Also, consume counters both poison and lock and in a devotion deck you don't have to fear heatwave either.
Most of NG gold are trash with just a couple of really good ones, bronzes are for the most part weak and requires clever setup just to get some points up.

It's weaker overall because you are forced to play the same cards unless you want to lose. Also, consume counters both poison and lock and in a devotion deck you don't have to fear heatwave either.
Most of NG gold are trash with just a couple of really good ones, bronzes are for the most part weak and requires clever setup just to get some points up.

Just how many consumes do ya think we can carry around and if you think you're forced to play only certain cards what does that say to you when we as MOs are forced to play only DW or that meme Keltullis deck..?
Anyways... i'm not about to beat again an already beaten to death horse, I believe I made my point.

Cheers.

MO swarm counters any poison and lock and you can play around poison with OH, purify and carapace.
Also, MO playstyles: meme keltullis, swarm, crone control, Thrive point slam, Wild Hunt devotion ( with carapace you counter poison and with the new frost ability you can mess up rows ), DW ( haunt variant and swarm variant ).
I think I'm missing some but you get the idea.

I just want people to see that NG is not as weak as it is presented these past weeks, it's weak in comparison to how it was, competitively against NR and SK,sure... aren't we all? -- but overall...? No, that's an exaggeration.
Agreed a lot of the current top tier Decks are just way to overtuned and most of the MM additions to NG weren't that insanely overtuned like some of the stuff other factions received, every not top tier Deck is suffering from the overtuned Cards introduced with MM, if they would finally tone that ×&€@ down NG would be in a much better position (some of the older Card still desperately need a Buff but that affects the other factions too.)

Also like Jason mentioned in his tweet that they already have the next expansion in mind when they're doing balance changes, so it doesn't make much sense to just extremely buff some NG Cards now just that they can compete with the currently overtuned Top tier Decks and nerf them a month later again after the powerfull new Cards got added or risk another MM Skellige top tier faction, the introduction of Nature's Gift showed how quickly a before considered weak Archetype skyrocket in to top tiers.

Last edited:
Agreed a lot of the current top tier Decks are just way to overtuned and most of the MM additions to NG weren't that insanely overtuned like some of the stuff other factions received, every not top tier Deck is suffering from the overtuned Cards introduced with MM, if they would finally tone that ×&€@ down NG would be in a much better position (some of the older Card still desperately need a Buff but that affects the other factions too.)

Also like Jason mentioned in his tweet that they already have the next expansion in mind when they're doing balance changes, so it doesn't make much sense to just extremely buff some NG Cards now just that they can compete with the currently overtuned Top tier Decks and nerf them a month later again after the powerfull new Cards got added or risk another MM Skellige top tier faction, the introduction of Nature's Gift showed how quickly a before considered weak Archetype skyrocket in to top tiers.
And how would this next expansion possibly make Infiltrator, Mangonel, Vicovaro, Servant, Combat Engineer or the countless other nonsense NG bronzes playable? These don't fit any specific category like Nature cards, how would you make a Symbiosis equivalent buff to any of these? They need thoughtful buffs but that's apparently not CDPRs forte.
This was the time to fix these and there are many simple ways of doing so, but expansions earn more money than balancing so the devs don't give a damn.

The issue isn't just that NG didn't get good MM cards, it's that they simply refuse to make most older cards competitive. This isn't exclusive to NG either. This is a game with what, 5-6 expansions now? And the only real way to compete is two overpowered decks?
Powercreep isn't new but this level of blatancy is on another level.
I don't see how this new batch of cards will somehow help, it will only add another batch of powercreep on-top of the old one which ultimately results in further distilling of archetypes.

To me the most disappointing thing is how much they've failed to deliver a variety of playstyles throughout MM. From start to finish it's been pretty much the same with the biggest difference being Symbiosis where they just gave a +1 to all their Nature cards and called it a day. Now for them to excuse this latest failure of a patch with "Well, we're busy with the next expansion" well it doesn't inspire a lot of faith from me.

There's only so many times I can buy into the whole "next expansion will fix things" spiel. They're simply stacking more unbalanced cards on-top of what they already failed to balance, it's a terrible idea that will invitably crumble.

Last edited:
And how would this next expansion possibly make Infiltrator, Mangonel, Vicovaro, Servant, Combat Engineer or the countless other nonsense NG bronzes playable? These don't fit any specific category like Nature cards, how would you make a Symbiosis equivalent buff to any of these? They need thoughtful buffs but that's apparently not CDPRs forte.
This was the time to fix these and there are many simple ways of doing so, but expansions earn more money than balancing so the devs don't give a damn.
There's only so many times I can buy into the whole "next expansion will fix things" spiel.
Where did I say that the next expansion will fix things considering the expansion history of hc it will most likely introduce even more problematic overpowered Bull......., I only said that they already need to consider the upcoming Card's while balancing and I also said that a lot of the outdated Cards desperately need a Buff or a rework (not only the NG ones) but reworks need more time than just some simple buffs to already working archetypes and they're currently most likely busy with the expansion and the Arena rework.

Top Bottom