NG Eist Bug

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, i was playing NG vs BoG warriors.

R3, and i had double last say, Yen Invo and Henrietta in hand.

I get Bloodthirst 2, and use Doublecross Leader, and get the opponent's Eist, i use him, discard a NG unit but nothing happens. That's not the bug, it was my mistake, i didnt notice it had to be a SK card.

I thought my opponent was gonna kill my Eist but he left it. So at the end, he used his Eist+Jutta combo, then i Yen Invo Jutta, next turn i use Henrietta, use stolen leader ability, but Jutta did NOT come to my side, costing me the match!

I've seen other people pull this combo, and read the card several times to be sure it should work, but in that match it didnt:

Eist prepared (but glitched didnt work).jpg

Is this a bug? Or am i missing something here?

Did you have any neutral Card's in you're Deck didn't really play much with Eist but considering his card text, BoG Eist only should work on devotion because Blaze of Glory only moves a Card in to the Graveyard and
doesn't actually discard it so you would need devotion for Jutta to jump back on the board or did you mean that you couldn't you even pick her to damage one of the Opponents units?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Did you have any neutral Card's in you're Deck didn't really play much with Eist but considering his card text, BoG Eist only should work on devotion because Blaze of Glory only moves a Card in to the Graveyard and
doesn't actually discard it so you would need devotion for Jutta to jump back on the board or did you mean that you couldn't you even pick her to damage one of the Opponents units?

No, this deck did not have devotion. I didnt think you'd need devotion to trigger eist, i thought that was just for the deploy. So, non devotion decks, SK or NG, cant use Eist unless its with the deploy effect? That doesnt seem right.

No, this deck did not have devotion. I didnt think you'd need devotion to trigger eist, i thought that was just for the deploy. So, non devotion decks, SK or NG, cant use Eist unless its with the deploy effect? That doesnt seem right.
Without Devotion Eist's 2 charges only work if you actually Discard cards while with devotion it brings back every Skellige unit that enters the Graveyard (self wound or Moving it by BoG or Derran).

Card Text.
Deploy, Bloodthirst 2: Draw a card, then Discard a card.

Whenever you Discard a Skellige unit during your turn, Summon it from your graveyard to this row.
Counter: 2.

Devotion: Also works whenever a Skellige unit enters your graveyard during your turn.

Without Devotion Eist's 2 charges only work if you actually Discard cards while with devotion it brings back every Skellige unit that enters the Graveyard (self wound or Moving it by BoG or Derran).

Card Text.
Deploy, Bloodthirst 2: Draw a card, then Discard a card.

Whenever you Discard a Skellige unit during your turn, Summon it from your graveyard to this row.
Counter: 2.

Devotion: Also works whenever a Skellige unit enters your graveyard during your turn.
^ This here.

In short, the initial deploy ability has a condition of Bloodthirst 2, and a SK unit.
The devotion ability only triggers if your deck has no neutrals.

All these in mind, I blieve what happened to you was not a bug, seems to work as intended.
Post automatically merged:

I didnt think you'd need devotion to trigger eist, i thought that was just for the deploy.
It's the other way around. You either need devotion for him to trigger or a discard mechanic combined with Bloodthirst 2.

Top Bottom