NG+ Experience

+
NG+ Experience

Love it, on Death March.

I know the game now so I am able to focus on the missions more, and actually use more of the options available to me.

I loved my first pass through, and I purposely went slow, but I think I am now really experiencing the game as it was meant to be.

Agreed, and now that mod support are up, I'm rocking the retextured mastercrafted Ursine armor, which looks freaking awesome. That plus reshade and YALM, feels like an entirely new game that is hard enough on Death March

I'm on Death March too and I love it! Re-spec'd Geralt and now I'm experiencing a whole new way of fighting!

Same here, I like the meaty difficulty of NG+DM. Is it as hard as can be? No, but it can sure be punishing at times...
I can kill enemies quick and they can kill me quick, I like it that way.

And yeah, I'm really waaaay more focused in the story this time around, I'm not galloping around everywhere for armor or skill points or exp...

I still think its too easy though. But I like how I can use every single potion or upgrade right away.
That magic feeling when you get to skelllige the first time is still there.. My 5th playthrough btw

Not a fan of it, to be honest. I loved being poor, having to do contracts for money, collecting stuff to craft and now all that is gone. I think I will do a regular new game on Death March

Not a fan of it, to be honest. I loved being poor, having to do contracts for money, collecting stuff to craft and now all that is gone. I think I will do a regular new game on Death March

you still can drop everything in your inventory and get rid of the money by buying/selling/buying expensive stuff before you start NG+.
might be an hour of work though ;)
just buy a ton of runes/glyphs and drop them...

I dropped a ton of crap and made sure I only had around 800 coins when I started. I also trashed all bombs but 3 types, all concoctions but 3, some oils, and some potions.

I had a lot of crafting materials and when I got to the hangmans tree, I decided to drop most of them there. I went back hours later and they are still there.

iCake

Forum veteran
you still can drop everything in your inventory and get rid of the money by buying/selling/buying expensive stuff before you start NG+.
might be an hour of work though ;)
just buy a ton of runes/glyphs and drop them...

Just provoke a guard and let him take you down, you'll wake up later with a big hole in your purse... Those thieving scoundrels.

I dropped a ton of crap and made sure I only had around 800 coins when I started. I also trashed all bombs but 3 types, all concoctions but 3, some oils, and some potions.

I had a lot of crafting materials and when I got to the hangmans tree, I decided to drop most of them there. I went back hours later and they are still there.

Yeah but what's the point of doing NG+ then? :p

Yeah but what's the point of doing NG+ then? :p

Having all my skills/tlevels from the start. If I want any potion I threw away, I can make them again. There are only 3 concoctions I use, the +Crit, +damage and greater resistance to wraiths, and health regen when doing damage. So I got rid of all the rest to clean up the inventory.

And yeah, I'm really waaaay more focused in the story this time around, I'm not galloping around everywhere for armor or skill points or exp...

Exactly. First pass I was learning, researching online, and looking for the 'next thing' to keep me from dying. "Galloping around" as you wrote. Now, I am just into it.

On my 6th playthrough, first on NG+, I'm still finding new stuff like minor side quests, by exploring unmarked locations. And I did explore a lot on previous runs. NG+ let me do it with more confidence since Geralt didn't start as a newbie witcher and can challenge skull enemies with a better chance.

Another great night on NG+ Death March. I am loving this. Still in White Orchard. Spent an hour defending a campsite from wolves. Died a few times. Having the most fun so far, since I've been playing TW3.

Cheers!

At lvl 38 I feel a tad under leveled tbh on death march. Im swigging my white raffords constantly:p

But Ive enjoyed it allot. Having all the items needed but having a difficulty spike is proving to be VERY fun.

Well, its ongoing, but there are two things I noticed.

- Early on in NG+, human opponents are very difficult as in they deal a lot of damage with one hit. Nothing I can't fix by playing better.

- Now that I pick up more expensive gear, I have difficulty selling them because shop owners carry the similar kind of money as before NG+. They definitely need to carry more gold so that I don't have to fast travel 10 times to sell all the unwanted stuff. But even if I could sell all the unwanted gear, I'd have so much money that I'd not have anything in the game to spend them on. So, I think CDPR should fix this by 1) Giving more gold to shopkeepers and 2) Reducing the number of weapon drops from enemies.
Another workaround could be to give the armorers more cash than before and have them carry more rare crafting resources than before which are needed for those school gear so that I can use all the cash I make from selling the more expensive gear somewhat reducing the need to loot everything in sight.

I don't mind looting, but still think I need to do too much of it. This is the thing I like least about Witcher 3. Mass Effect seems the best RPG in that respect.

Last edited:
I have a Tank Geralt focused on ursine armor and Alchemy/strong attacks build and a couple of decoction always up on Death March NG+.
So far nothing has posed to me a real treat, packs of wolves included, never died once.
I'm still enjoing it a lot though!

The only slight "difficulty" i encountered so far was within the "CIri" sequences.
She doesn't scale as good as Geralt to the new levels i think.
But you get used to it...

Top Bottom