NG+ For TW3

+
only difference is you keep your level, armor, wepons and loot.

But that's still the problem. Either the game is designed to adjust to that high starting point, or it is isn't.
If it is designed that way, it means that, one way or another, it affects players who don't want NG+, because the developers either need to design the game with a levelling mechanism that affects the first playthrough as well, such as monster levelling, or they have to design in two different ways, which means a lot of work (and cost).
If it isn't designed to adjust, all you get is a really easy game with, probably, story inconsistencies because things are done out-of-sequence.

you guys know if they add NG+ to the game you don't have to use it.

I don't mind. But if they put this in and limit other better options then NO. CDPR don't have unlimited amount of time & resources to implement something not priority. That's what I'm saying. Better yet if they have time shd implement something better no?

It doesn't mean anything to me. I don't think I've ever played games in NG+ mode, It's mostly in japanese games, no?

I would be happy if CDPR balances the game for one playtrough (seriously W2 was baddly balanced). Once you do the side quests in the Witcher games you become overpowered. I hope they fix this somehow.

But that's still the problem. Either the game is designed to adjust to that high starting point, or it is isn't.
If it is designed that way, it means that, one way or another, it affects players who don't want NG+, because the developers either need to design the game with a levelling mechanism that affects the first playthrough as well, such as monster levelling, or they have to design in two different ways, which means a lot of work (and cost).
If it isn't designed to adjust, all you get is a really easy game with, probably, story inconsistencies because things are done out-of-sequence.
Well if they don't level anything up I'm happy with that. I want some things to be more easy each play through as I master my skills that's the goal and I think it is way more fun this way.
I do not want to start over with nothing and relocate my goods again fuck that noise. I want to be bold and explore new shit with my new level and gear, Iwant to hunt new monsters or I'm bored and I quit. I understand we will kill some of the same monsters each play through for the sake of the story and they might drop the same loot.
But I want to show that monster who's boss and kick it fucking monster ass with the sword it gave me from my last game and sell the one it drops this time for orens (IF)
that be the case? Or maybe you kill it and you do't get anything because you already got it that works too. Did I mention this is just an option for console gamers like me we are a different breed of gamer we don't play with mouse. If it's easy cdpr could have these option after we beat the game Option 1 Start New Game from zero.
Option 2 Continue New Game + Keep your level armor wepons and loot while monsters stay at the same level. Option 3 Continue but your level starts over but you still keep your armor/loot etc.. or vice versa you continue new game but keep your level and lose all your gear and loot. If people want it harder for some strange reason all red has to do is tweek Geralt's stamina bar no?

Well I thank God you are not a developer on TW3 then.

Games are built with a certain experience in mind, a pacing. Going around slaughtering everything in your path with ease sounds fun at first, but in the long run it makes the game, any game boring and since you already have gathered certain from certain locations there's no reason to go there again.

Dark Souls NG+ is a pile of crap that completely screws the balance, pacing and overall experience of an RPG with one of the best designed and balanced combat systems.

CDPR's balance history is atrocious. The fact we have difficulty levels screws the balance already, regardless of how people see it, NG+ would do even more damage.

Well I thank God you are not a developer on TW3 then.

Games are built with a certain experience in mind, a pacing. Going around slaughtering everything in your path with ease sounds fun at first, but in the long run it makes the game, any game boring and since you already have gathered certain from certain locations there's no reason to go there again.

Dark Souls NG+ is a pile of crap that completely screws the balance, pacing and overall experience of an RPG with one of the best designed and balanced combat systems.

CDPR's balance history is atrocious. The fact we have difficulty levels screws the balance already, regardless of how people see it, NG+ would do even more damage.

I Don't play dark souls I think it sucks and it looks like dog shit. NG+ close to the likes of Dragon's Dogma would be perfect imo.;)

I on the contrary want Witcher to be like how it is, things feel 'organic' and natural to me, they don't feel like 'this is a game mechanic'. The choices and consequences for example it's not choosing the BLUE option will result in a positive outcome, choosing the RED option will result in a negative outcome you have to think for yourself, judge, decide.

New Game+ just makes it a mechanic, if I have XX swords and YY armour and I can take on everything now and have to apply no effort, all the balance is screwed, no thanks. If they do happen to implement it(I hope not, let it be a proper RPG) then I for one will not use any such option. The game will have plenty of re-playability anyway with so many choices, there is no reason for a NG+ since it adds nothing to the core experience.

I'm wildly in favor of a NG+ and I think it should have been included in Witcher 2 as well. Essentially my reasoning boils down to this:
-1st playthrough is the truly immersive experience. you don't know what's coming, you level as best you can but face great challenges whether or not you're ready, you make choices on the fly, you discover the ins and out of the skill trees by trial and error. It's all about drowning in the richness of the STORY.
-Replays are about appreciating the design of the GAME, and fleshing out the story and things you missed. You know what's coming, you've learned the skill tree. You meta-game, you weigh all the consequences of the choices before you make them and appreciate the pivotal crux moments even more, at some point you can also settle on a "perfect" playthrough. Pick all the right skills. Say all the right things. Choose the options you like the best, save the characters you like, kills the ones you don't, get the best loot, tear through enemies like a truly unstoppable witcher.

All gaming is, to an extent, an empowerment fantasy - none of us could do what Geralt does in real life. Some games get lost in over-empowerment, where you're absurdly devastating and are mostly just playing cuz it looks cool (The Force Unleashed, a perfect example). The Witcher is empowerment in a world where lots of things are more powerful - and more devious - than you the player as Geralt the character, that's what makes it great, experiencing that story the first time through (and when there's huge branches like the Ior/Roche choice, partially a second time as well).

But replays should have the option to let the player fully indulge in the empowerment fantasy. On the first playthrough, our Geralt will always not quite be prepared, barely getting by, ducking and weaving, stumbling from one choice to the next. On replays, I really wish there was the option to have the second half of the experience described above: going into the story, knowing what's coming. You appreciate the irony. You're still facing the challenge of balanced, tougher enemies this time, but you have all the loot you've worked hard for, and can level to even greater heights. You're a total badass, and few situations can stop you - it's so much fun on replays to stride into a situation, give a huge middle finger to whatever Order/Scoiatael/Loredo/Kaedweni/Nilfgaardian/whoever assholes are talking smack at you, and then utterly destroy them all.

Essentially, what I'm arguing is that New Game Plus takes NOTHING away from people who don't like it. If you don't like it, just start a new profile and play a different Geralt from scratch - like we've done so many times on Witcher 1 and 2 replays. But having the option there for NG+ is not TOO much work for the devs, and it lets people enter from square 1 as a supreme badass and then rise up even higher.

And of course there'd be dissonance, and that's fine. Personally, I really enjoy replaying a game where I'm more laid back and aware of the gaming experience - it's totally different than the first, true, story runthrough, but still quite fun in its own way. The story/mechanics dissonance becomes deeply amusing when NPCs warn you to no end how dangerous X boss or Y faction is, and then you can go in with your leveled skills and carefully selected loot and own house. I'm sure many people also aren't interested in that sort of clash, and it's something they simply could avoid by starting fresh on replays, rather than electing NG+.

And as for it eating up dev time, they delayed TW3 to February, guys. They've got lots of time to toss in a mode with moderately increased HP/damage enemies, and some extra bonus items, or platinum/gold/whatever versions of existing items. The latest trailer does NOT have me worried about them bleeding time from cool features or story content. We've got a good range of previous characters returning, we've got tons of unexpected and awesome elements like horse racing and scuba diving...it's 2/3 of a year til release. Would a NG+ really take more than a week or two of work? If that?

Hell, I'd be fine if they added a NG+ as one of their little mini DLC free updates that they like to do down the line. But it'd be nice to have it at release.

Last edited:
Dragons Dogma had continue new game or start a new game all over and they had a hard mode based on stamina levels and a speed run mode.
NG+ works like the crossbow sorry it just works i.e If geralt only levels to 60 and at 60 when all skill trees are complete he meets the wild hunt.
With NG+ Geralt would level about 20 to 40 then 60 our third time playing unless they drag it out to 10 to 20 ,30 etc.. but that is just stupid.
Anyways..fuck it.

I'm wildly in favor of a NG+ and I think it should have been included in Witcher 2 as well. Essentially my reasoning boils down to this:
-1st playthrough is the truly immersive experience. you don't know what's coming, you level as best you can but face great challenges whether or not you're ready, you make choices on the fly, you discover the ins and out of the skill trees by trial and error. It's all about drowning in the richness of the STORY.
-Replays are about appreciating the design of the GAME, and fleshing out the story and things you missed. You know what's coming, you've learned the skill tree. You meta-game, you weigh all the consequences of the choices before you make them and appreciate the pivotal crux moments even more, at some point you can also settle on a "perfect" playthrough. Pick all the right skills. Say all the right things. Choose the options you like the best, save the characters you like, kills the ones you don't, get the best loot, tear through enemies like a truly unstoppable witcher.

All gaming is, to an extent, an empowerment fantasy - none of us could do what Geralt does in real life. Some games get lost in over-empowerment, where you're absurdly devastating and are mostly just playing cuz it looks cool (The Force Unleashed, a perfect example). The Witcher is empowerment in a world where lots of things are more powerful - and more devious - than you the player as Geralt the character, that's what makes it great, experiencing that story the first time through (and when there's huge branches like the Ior/Roche choice, partially a second time as well).

But replays should have the option to let the player fully indulge in the empowerment fantasy. On the first playthrough, our Geralt will always not quite be prepared, barely getting by, ducking and weaving, stumbling from one choice to the next. On replays, I really wish there was the option to have the second half of the experience described above: going into the story, knowing what's coming. You appreciate the irony. You're still facing the challenge of balanced, tougher enemies this time, but you have all the loot you've worked hard for, and can level to even greater heights. You're a total badass, and few situations can stop you - it's so much fun on replays to stride into a situation, give a huge middle finger to whatever Order/Scoiatael/Loredo/Kaedweni/Nilfgaardian/whoever assholes are talking smack at you, and then utterly destroy them all.

Essentially, what I'm arguing is that New Game Plus takes NOTHING away from people who don't like it. If you don't like it, just start a new profile and play a different Geralt from scratch - like we've done so many times on Witcher 1 and 2 replays. But having the option there for NG+ is not TOO much work for the devs, and it lets people enter from square 1 as a supreme badass and then ascend to even greater heights.

I think I'm in love.. thank you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom