NG+ For TW3

+
NG+ For TW3

So? What do you guys think? Should there be a New Game Plus option in TW3?

I wanted it badly with Witcher 2; the lack of that option is the reason I haven't yet beaten the game on Dark difficulty. So now I'd very much like NG+, especially if there are different difficulty settings and double if there's achievements/trophies for beating the game on a high difficulty.

I found another topic on it if you want to take a look:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/22676-A-new-game?highlight=game

I haven't really thought about it too much, but yeah, I mean even if someone hated it, it would be completely optional, so I don't see why not. Maybe if they increased the difficulty even more for a NG+ (they do that in Borderlands 2) it could be a really good idea.

Or maybe if they did like a limited new game +, where you could only carry over 1 item or ability per playthrough and so you would have to beat the game several times to start with a full set of armor and abilities. That might be a good idea.

EDIT: Lol my bad, my link is no good. I'm pretty sure there were other topics on this though, but I can't find them

Last edited:
It would only be completely optional so long as they did not include content that you cannot see otherwise. If so, I obviously have nothing against more options, even though I care little for NG+ personally.

I think NG+ is a necessity, at least if the Witcher 2 system is reused. There were only enough points to max out one skill tree, which doesn't really make sense towards the end of the game when Geralt has all of his memories back.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Can't really say I' m a fan of NG+ modes.
They rarely add much to the experience and, when they do, it's usually at detriment of the standard playthrough (enemies and items exclusive of that mode).
Not to mention how the idea of making room for a "NG+ mode" can occasionally affect the general design in negative ways (i.e. progression systems built around the idea of exponential growth instead of marginal improvements, bullet-sponge/HP tank enemies, etc).

That said, i wouldn't be mad if they included one. I just would care too much about it.
The idea of replaying the game trying different choices sounds far more appealing to me.

Ehh, i am not sure if ng+ fits a heavily story based game with lots of choices and consequences.

I would want NG+ if made in the sence of "things that make Geralt's life easier" mod like
- you start the game with all the monster knowlege so you won't waste time to farm for money to buy all the books
- with all the formulas for oils, bombs, potions
-start the game with a% of your end game money/500/1000 orens, something to get you started
- start the game with a few crafting components, and gerbs
NG+ should not be a God mode where you start the new game with max stats

Last edited:
not being able to max your stats out is a deliberate design choice so that you have to choose to either specialize in something or be more of a jack of all trades. Specializing in different things across multiple playthroughs adds more to replay value than NG+ in my opinion

I myself am on the fence about NG+. There was a time where I felt that every game should have NG+ but now I think I like the experience of building my character more than being this overpowered super hero.

Having that said I would love the the option there, mostly because the more powerful you are the faster it is to take down enemies and the easier it is to view the story if thats what you are into more.

Last edited:
I think the best option for Geralt would be live in this world and hunt monsters. Of course only if we don't choose to die for higher reasons. So no NG + but explore and do sidequest pls..

Or if Geralt dies - Ciri could handle it.

Last edited:
Free-roam after completion is OK, if people want it, but not NG+. Not in *this* game. It's fine in games that are fairly linear, where the game doesn't give you any opportunity of meeting a strong enemy too soon, and it's fine in open-world games where the story is less important and doing things in the wrong sequence doesn't matter.

But for a game that's both story-driven AND open world, for the story to "work" the developers need to have a fairly high level of confidence that you can't get somewhere too quickly, and the extra number of variables brought in with NG+ would make that difficult.

So the only way I could see NG+ working is if they made the game more linear, and that is something that would have a negative effect on all of us, so no, I don't want it.

not being able to max your stats out is a deliberate design choice so that you have to choose to either specialize in something or be more of a jack of all trades. Specializing in different things across multiple playthroughs adds more to replay value than NG+ in my opinion

Absolutly... for me this one of the main reason to replay.. since i can aproach the game in a different style than before.... which adds alot of replay value...

NG+ doesn't really make much sense for story and narrative oriented game like the Witcher series.

NG+ modes are generally too easy for me... It's like a free roam mode in most games and I lose interest pretty quickly. I rather see something like Dark Mode again.

However, they could mix NG+ with a higher difficulty like Dark Mode, and the benefits of it(new armor/weapons, I'd probably play it. As long as it remains challenging. And we get a chance to lift the damn curse. That noise was freaking annoying.... Health depletion would've done the job.

Free-roam after completion is OK, if people want it, but not NG+. Not in *this* game. It's fine in games that are fairly linear, where the game doesn't give you any opportunity of meeting a strong enemy too soon, and it's fine in open-world games where the story is less important and doing things in the wrong sequence doesn't matter.

But for a game that's both story-driven AND open world, for the story to "work" the developers need to have a fairly high level of confidence that you can't get somewhere too quickly, and the extra number of variables brought in with NG+ would make that difficult.

So the only way I could see NG+ working is if they made the game more linear, and that is something that would have a negative effect on all of us, so no, I don't want it.

i realy can't see how starting the game from level 1 but with a few components, herbs, something like 1000 orens and all previous knowlege, messup the balance.....it just helps you skip all the oren farming to buy all the books and formulas, so you can truly enjoy the game

i realy can't see how starting the game from level 1 but with a few components, herbs, something like 1000 orens and all previous knowlege, messup the balance.....it just helps you skip all the oren farming to buy all the books and formulas, so you can truly enjoy the game

Maybe we're using a different definition. To me, NG+ means playing with your stats, build and equiment fairly close to the way the previous game ended, in a way where the game is still relatively balanced and not ridiculously easy.

Maybe we're using a different definition. To me, NG+ means playing with your stats, build and equiment fairly close to the way the previous game ended, in a way where the game is still relatively balanced and not ridiculously easy.

don't know what games you played but in my case games like The last remnant, FF X, etc NG+ is what i just said above, not as i would put it God mode wit max stats from the begining, end game gear.....or to put it in witcher terms ..check out TW1 mod "thinks that make Geralts life easyer".

don't know what games you played but in my case games like The last remnant, FF X, etc NG+ is what i just said above, not as i would put it God mode wit max stats from the begining, end game gear.....or to put it in witcher terms ..check out TW1 mod "thinks that make Geralts life easyer".

I also thought NG+ meant the same as @blackgriffin.
Can't really say I know much about the subject though, so I could be wrong.

Top Bottom