NG has the most powerful Opening.

+
NG has the most powerful Opening.

This is base on my experience and my opinion. Can anyone tell me a more powerful opening?

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/35555-reveal-with-iris

Open with Rainfarn (+5) - Roach (+4) & Iris (-3) = 6 very mediocre right? but if the opponent can't deal with iris.
Play Morvan Voorhis (+7) reveal 3 Imperial Golem(+3+3+3) & 1 Fire Scorpion to damage Iris (+28) = 44.

In two rounds you manage to have 50 points on the board. Most of the time that is an auto pass from opponent. Not to mention if you used Royal Decree to draw Rainfarn that's +2.
Obviously this rely on having specific cards on hand.

I usually play The Guardian first to bait lock so they can't use it to Iris.

And this deck also has a powerful finisher. Use Assire Var Anahid to bring Roach and one Imperial Golem back to your deck and play Tibor Eggebracht.

You forgot to mention Foot Soldiers for an extra 12 strength, if all the stars are aligned right because otherwise it's a mulligan hell.

Anyhow, what qualifies as an opener? Because you are already playing two turns. Normally, an opener is only one turn. That's a minor thing, though. More importantly, if you are immediately committing 1 gold card and 2 silver cards, as well as a lot of deck thinning, then you are suppose to get something big in return. That's ignoring the possibility that Iris is getting countered.

But enough with the small talk. Let's get to the main point as to why this is a bad tactic. You are over-committing on the first round, while the opponent doesn't have to invest anything in return. If you pull that stunt with me, I'll just pass. Sure, you've won round 1, but you took a big hit in doing so; even bigger when the opponent has any carry-over.

4RM3D;n9838321 said:
You forgot to mention Foot Soldiers for an extra 12 strength...

Good luck putting all 3 Golems and all 3 Footies on the Board in a single turn.

Just saying. :D

partci;n9839091 said:
Good luck putting all 3 Golems and all 3 Footies on the Board in a single turn.

Not in a single turn, you can only play 4 out of the 6 cards, but in 2 turns, it's possible. Regardless, it remains a mulligan nightmare.

Top Bottom