NG infiltrator too powerful

+
NG infiltrator too powerful

Inflitrator is super OP

Example 1. Opponent plays a CA spy against you. Use Ehmyr. Drop infiltrator to remove spy ability from the CA spy and then return said spy to your hand. You just got yourself a 10+ body along with another card for later, plus 5 point immediate board increase (6 points for Ehmyr + 9 infiltrator - 10 for spy).

Example 2. Opponent makes a super beefy silver or gold card. Play infiltrator on it. Impossible to res in the future with Renew, Shani or Sigfridga because it will play on the opponent's side. Use V. Medic later to steal different beefy bronze card from graveyard. In case of SK player, left with nothing good to res and rage quits.

Example 3. Three Impera Brigades and three Impera enforcers already in play. Play emissary to infiltrator. 12 point gain for brigades. 12 point direct damage from enforcers. 9 point body. 31 point swing for one bronze play. 23 point swing if only two of enforcers and brigades each in play, or 15 if only one of each. Plus possibility to screw again with Treason or Menno during next play. Actually, the same point swings will occur with an emissary to rot tosser, but for slightly less.

This is easily the nastiest card coming up in the new patch. People are going to be whining about this card nonstop. The worst thing is that once placed its impossible to remove spy status other than with another infiltrator. Maybe locking a card now neutralizes the effect. But that means that all other passive effects on the card will also be neutralized. Plus a lot of lock cards damage the unit as well. And no matter what, the infiltrator remains a 9 body on the board. And there can be three of these in a deck at once.

Example 1. Most cards reset when returned to the hand, I'd imagine same goes with spy status. If not, I agree it'll be a powerful play. Which can in that case be fixed by making my assumption true. Or maybe they will just change to only target bronze cards if it proves too strong.

Example 2. I can sort of agree that this might be harsh on Skellige. Time will tell how harsh.

Example 3. That's 6 turns worth of units. I rarely manage to get all Imperia Brigades out on the same turn as is. Getting 6 specific cards would be super rare. 7th turn and I can finally play infiltrator, unless I've lost already since the previous turns would all be low tempo. In other words, your scenario will never happen. It'll just make spy power more consistent as we now don't have to be as lucky to get things off.

Infilock Ciri Dash. Infilock Queensguard. Inflilock Avallach. Infilock reaver. It will also make many cards impossible to decoy. This card is the death of so many archetypes.

Example 1 sounds like a very good play indeed. Albeit very situational, exclusive to ehmyr, and truth be told if your opponent gives the ehmyr player a spy to play with, well, he's already setting himself up to being on the losing side.

Example 2 is also specific to the SK matchup, and while the GY disruption is pretty hard from NG, if the most prominent SK deck isn't QG, it won't be that much of a problem for them, IMO. Bran ships discard doesn't really mind the GY hate all that much, and using the infiltrator only to mess with their ressing abilities shouldn't really stop them from winning =S

Example 3 is even more situational and extreme than the previous 2. In what world will your opponent allow you to have 3 brigades and 3 enforcers in play? =S and in what deck will you play 3 of each of those, + infiltrator + spies?

Anyway, yeah the cards seems pretty good, but it's faaaar too soon to make judgment on how strong it'll actually be. The game will change so much that really, at this point, you can't really predict much, IMO.

Which can all be fixed with a few checks for resetting the spy toggle if needed. If they find the card causing to much harm I'm sure they'll fix it.

But I do have to kind of agree that without any limitations the card comes of as real strong.
​​​​

Ok. That makes sense. The toggle spy effect will have to be temporary and reset once the card is replayed. Like how resilience is now toggled. I doubt CDPR would have overlooked this. But who knows.

Mau_91;n9371101 said:
am i the only one that has no idea what the hell is an infiltrator or what does it do?

Yes! :cheers:

Képkivágás.JPG

Yes, it's definitely going to be strong. I'm especially scared of it in combination with Menno.

So, people are worried about Infiltrator but not Xarthissius? If he stays the way it was leaked, it's the most BS card in the history, albeit a short one, of Gwent.

HenryGrosmont;n9373951 said:
So, people are worried about Infiltrator but not Xarthissius? If he stays the way it was leaked, it's the most BS card in the history, albeit a short one, of Gwent.

I don't think he will be included in that many decks, but I agree, that he looks poorly designed. They are trying to balance an ability, which doesn't really fit in the game. Think of something new CDPR...

BornBoring;n9374101 said:
I don't think he will be included in that many decks, but I agree, that he looks poorly designed. They are trying to balance an ability, which doesn't really fit in the game. Think of something new CDPR...
If they want to encourage the use of the net decks, then this ridiculous Xarthissius is surely the way to go.

Imo, 3 cards were perfectly fine. If they want to add more body or change his second ability... fine. But this?

HenryGrosmont;n9374131 said:
If they want to encourage the use of the net decks, then this ridiculous Xarthissius is surely the way to go.

Imo, 3 cards were perfectly fine. If they want to add more body or change his second ability... fine. But this?

At the moment nearly no one uses him. Don't think you can say he is fine. So they are buffing him, but a card, which shows you every card in your opponents decks, is just stupid. That's why they should try something new in my oppinion.

Against net decks, he is maybe even better, because he tells you every card your opponent has in his hand.

BornBoring;n9374181 said:
At the moment nearly no one uses him. Don't think you can say he is fine. So they are buffing him, but a card, which shows you every card in your opponents decks, is just stupid. That's why they should try something new in my oppinion.

Against net decks, he is maybe even better, because he tells you every card your opponent has in his hand.

What I wrote was "fine" is his ability to see 3 top cards in the opponent's deck. Not the rest. Hence, change the second ability or buff the numbers.

Against net decks he's worse. You know exactly what they play regardless.

I think this guy needs to be changed somehow. I think it is way too toxic that in combination with menno he can just kill any card. And apart from locking your own card you can do nothing against that.
So in my opinion he should only be able to target silvers and bronzes. Spy nilfgaard with assassin would otherwise just kill absolutetly everything and get tons of impera points in the process.

Top Bottom