[NG+] Is the difficulty ramp THAT high ? Or is something wrong with me ?

+
[NG+] Is the difficulty ramp THAT high ? Or is something wrong with me ?

Heya. So first off, my game experience so far: 3 times finished on Death March, each time with a different focus build, combat / signs / alchemy.

My most recent one, was the Alchemy one. Before diving into NG+, I wanted a fresh run with something I haven't tried before. This was the easiest run I've had out of the 3. Felt like a massive tank with tons of HP and every potion consumed giving a HUGE amount of health back.

Starting NG+ today, I changed my ability points to combat [mostly for whirl], and signs, wearing the wolf set.

The problem is, I ran into a level 28 wolf. He took about 35% of my HP in 1 hit. Is that supposed to be like that ? Or is there something wrong here.

And another unrelated question that I would welcome the answer to: Why none of my achievements work on GOG Galaxy ? I don't really care much about those, just read the 1.08.03 patch notes and thought they might pop up. My activity feed tells me my most recent achievement was Globetrotter, discover 100 fast travel points... from 3 months ago :e

Well enemies in NG + got circa 1200 more base dmg, multiply that by 6 for DM and you got your answer to why I am dying fast without heavy armor and or alchemy talents (the one that gives you 25% dmg reduction is extremely usefull).

Wolves are terrifying in NG+. I actually like it, but yes, I'd rather face trolls, golems, gargoyles, even a fiend... than a pack of wolves. A pack of wolves in NG+ is a serious threat... which is fine with me, btw. I lthink it rocks. Too bad you can't block from horseback....

Superior Blizzard is your best friend when a wolf pack is onto you.

Pop a S.Blizzard, Quen up, make a beeline to any one of them and make sure you kill it, and suddenly the rest are no problem.

:D

Wolves are the worst enemy in game on any difficulty, because they attack in groups and their dps is insane. But then you realize you can block their attacks and fights suddenly get easier. :)

Thanks a bunch everyone, re-assured me a lot ! :)

I guess it's just like starting a NG, with everything being dangerous. I hope it stays that way, unlike NG where everything turned so easy the more I progressed. Weird feeling vulnerable again, a bandit with 2h axe just took 3/4 of my HP in 1 hit o.o
Hoping legendary armor would even things out a bit when I get it. Spamming Quen ain't so fun :(

BTW, anyone else feeling like there should be more ability slots ? I end up with so many abilities I wish I could equip, and it feels rather similar in playstyle to NG :<

Thanks a bunch everyone, re-assured me a lot ! :)

I guess it's just like starting a NG, with everything being dangerous. I hope it stays that way, unlike NG where everything turned so easy the more I progressed. Weird feeling vulnerable again, a bandit with 2h axe just took 3/4 of my HP in 1 hit o.o
Hoping legendary armor would even things out a bit when I get it. Spamming Quen ain't so fun :(

This is what I did which really helped me and no it's not a quen build lol.

As silly as it sounds make a Igni + Aard build they really bail you out of tough situations.

And for armor wear a medium chest armor mixed with light trousers and stuff. For swords add rune stones that apply burning and armor piercing.

Equip a dancing star and keep it there it's vital and make sure you have swallow potions.

My play style is dodge Igni/Aard, attack and back off again.

I'm most of the way through a NG+ campaign and I found the difficulty to be inconsistent. I don't mind it, it's simply that enemies that I expect to be way beyond me (the Ornitharis (spl?) in the hills east of Oxenfurt for instance, was ten levels higher than me. I think it was level 63 or something, and I killed it so fast I was stunned. Other times I'll run into situations that I expect to be a breeze that end up being really scary. I'm having a hell of a time with fist fights for instance. I have trouble with FF countering, and that's sort of key. But all in all it's been fun so far.

Hey I've got two questions about NG+:

First, I had no idea that existed, like I didn't see the option on my pc 4.

Second, after finishing and not seeing an option for new game plus I just started a new game, lets say... 5, 6 hours into it my previous save just disappeared. Anyone had that problem or is it just me?

Hey I've got two questions about NG+:

First, I had no idea that existed, like I didn't see the option on my pc 4.

Second, after finishing and not seeing an option for new game plus I just started a new game, lets say... 5, 6 hours into it my previous save just disappeared. Anyone had that problem or is it just me?
It just disappeared? Mhmm. Never happened to me before. Might be a bug.

Oh, wow, they actually made the enemies tougher? Usually with NG+ they let you keep all your shit, but you're just playing through the game at essentially the highest level. I've never been a fan of this mode because it feels boring when there's no longer any character progression. Is NG+ for TW3 worth trying out?

Oh, wow, they actually made the enemies tougher? Usually with NG+ they let you keep all your shit, but you're just playing through the game at essentially the highest level. I've never been a fan of this mode because it feels boring when there's no longer any character progression. Is NG+ for TW3 worth trying out?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer [Death March]: It feels like NG experience, atleast from the start. Fighting the pack of ghouls at the start of the game was a pain. Punishing and deadly, even more so after getting used to being OP in the end of NG. After finishing White Orchard, it evened out a bit. Maybe because I just got used to it. But, just in case, I downloaded the Dynamic Enemy Scaling mod. Best mod EVER. Upscaling and Downscaling work perfect. Fully configurable to fit your needs and experience. Configurable functions in the .ws file have a detailed and easy explanation on how to change and what.

What originally made me get this, was me entering a final bout of RAGE when I got to Velen and saw the Missing Brother contract being level 67. Thought to myself, I ain't no longer gonna be content with this no scaling bullshit. No fucking way I'm waiting 32 levels to do a quest. My enjoyment from the game went up by 342.81% :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/449/?

Last edited:
Wolves are terrifying in NG+. I actually like it, but yes, I'd rather face trolls, golems, gargoyles, even a fiend... than a pack of wolves. A pack of wolves in NG+ is a serious threat... which is fine with me, btw. I lthink it rocks. Too bad you can't block from horseback....

I never got killed by wolves in NG+. Beast oil combined with white raffard and swallow (both superior) usually do the trick. And my igni is so badass it usually take care of those wolfs. The way I boost my Igni is with Igni intensity and pyromaniac.. both of them maxed out and I add 6 velen runestones to my swords (6x5 sign intensity)
And I use 7 greater glyph of igni on my gear (7x10 Igni intensity).

I never got killed by wolves in NG+. Beast oil combined with white raffard and swallow (both superior) usually do the trick. And my igni is so badass it usually take care of those wolfs. The way I boost my Igni is with Igni intensity and pyromaniac.. both of them maxed out and I add 6 velen runestones to my swords (6x5 sign intensity)
And I use 7 greater glyph of igni on my gear (7x10 Igni intensity).

That's exactly the point. Wolves aren't something that should require any potion or oil whatsoever, atleast in my opinion :)
It just doesn't make sense to me. There are so many wolves everywhere, that in their current damage output and health just become a chore and an annoyance. I don't want to waste potions / bombs / consumables on them, I want to hack them to pieces and move on to my real contract.

Anyhow, it's fine. They're bothersome but not game breaking. Still enjoying NG+ to some extent, just wish it would've been more refined, in every aspect.

That's exactly the point. Wolves aren't something that should require any potion or oil whatsoever, atleast in my opinion :)
It just doesn't make sense to me. There are so many wolves everywhere, that in their current damage output and health just become a chore and an annoyance. I don't want to waste potions / bombs / consumables on them, I want to hack them to pieces and move on to my real contract.

Anyhow, it's fine. They're bothersome but not game breaking. Still enjoying NG+ to some extent, just wish it would've been more refined, in every aspect.
Yeah but level 28.. how's that even possible? I thought the game forced Geralt to be leven 30 in NG+?

But trust me as soon as you level up a little bit it will get very easy.

btw.. what kind of damage do you get from wolves? Is it slashing? Armors with the highest resistances should help

Good preparation > all in this game. I've just started NG+ and loving it so far. Wolves were my favourite enemies to fight before NG+ and I'm really happy they're actually a challenge again!

Bought over my tank/alchemy build, with Mastercrafted Ursine Armor and weapons, and everything is perfectly manageable so far, including the wolves. Ekhidna decoction is still super useful!

Good preparation > all in this game. I've just started NG+ and loving it so far. Wolves were my favourite enemies to fight before NG+ and I'm really happy they're actually a challenge again!

Bought over my tank/alchemy build, with Mastercrafted Ursine Armor and weapons, and everything is perfectly manageable so far, including the wolves. Ekhidna decoction is still super useful!

Manageable yes, balanced no, and that's the whole point :)
I've just posted in another thread saying that I've come to accept the fact that this game will forever be near-perfect. Seeing as I already finished the game 3 times, it's suffice to say I enjoyed it a whole lot. Now playing NG+, so far still having fun, but those imperfections are starting to show their signs on my enjoyment.

Top Bottom