NG+ item lvl scale is screwed. Items/crafts with over lvl 100 requirement?

+
I don't see any issue with level 100+ quests and enemies, but definitely with level 100+ equipment.

I don't see why that's relevant, unless you're trying to make a point here? What's important is that it gets fixed, not that they waste time discussing such things in the forums.

Any quest or enemy level 105 or under seems fine to me, anything over might get annoying. 10 levels above more so.

The only response from someone in CDPR has just mentioned exploits and mods will cause problems. The only other post I remember is someone quoting that it's designed to work with new game plus started somewhere in the level 30 range. I assume this to be not true as it doesn't make sense.

I've started a new game in DM with level scaling with the intention of doing this the 2 dlc and again in dlc. The only relevant answer to my initial question was someone finishing Hos at level 40 and B&W at level 52 which makes this 100+ content not really an issue. Too the best of my knowledge, Level 55 would give you potential quests, enemies and equipment well over level 100. Maybe?

I don't know, and the information has not been provided other than conjecture. this is why I would like feedback from CDPR. What is it designed to be?

at one stage, I remember Marcin providing info that level 30 to 35 (or there about) is the expected level at the end of the original playthrough. I'm asking for the same info as it applies now, it's been given before.

As to your suggestion that what's important is that it gets fixed, no one apart from CDPR knows whether it is a bug or not. Level 100 could be entirely spot on. Yes, I know that leaves those that did use an exploit, mod or grinded in a bind, but it would allow us who just played the game with peace of mind.

A simple yes level 100 has been tested would do that and would in no way take time away from the very important job of fixing bugs. Even a simple I don't know, I'll ask the person who does know is trivial. they already at least scan the forums. They posted in this thread.

Sorry for the long post, hope it answers your concerns of relevance. I appreciate the work you guys and CDPR do.

Edit: I see your now an ex-moderator, life for you begins again. :)

Last edited:
As mentioned in similar thread:

We've run local tests and after starting NG+ with level 53 Geralt (finished both expansions from standalone save, did all the side content) we did not encounter any issues with quests or items in late game Blood and Wine after reaching level 100.

If you encounter any issues without using exploits, please contact us via http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ and we will investigate.

And what about items the player gets back after cut scenes getting scaled up?

These are my weapons before they get taken away during a cut scene:

And these are the weapons I get back after:

Also all the crafting items have their level requirements increased by 8 levels. You can see their normal level in the overview on the left side (level 60) and their actual level on the right (level 68 ):

Last edited:
So can anyone who is already playing NG+ B&W confirm the level requirements for (for example) Toussaint Armour Set?

I started NG+ on Level 53, which seems to be the "standard" starting point if you've done both expansions. All the witcher sets are showing as 53 levels above base (for example, Legendary Feline is level 70, Mastercrafted are all Level 87). That should mean Toussaint is level 106 and unwearable. Can anyone confirm this, or is it only level 99?

Also, what exactly ARE the levels for the Grandmaster sets? Is it starting level + 40?

Last edited:
GERUDON the same problem I have I but in my case I am level 100 and all that appears to me is top level both enemies and missions in Novigrad and I appear level mission to 150 and it is impossible to kill anyone with equipment level 100, as the correct level of equipment in the photo is on the left along with the photo and error is the red that puts the required level before 1.21 that did not happen . Greetings.

So can anyone who is already playing NG+ B&W confirm the level requirements for (for example) Toussaint Armour Set?

I started a new New Game + with the 1.22 patch, and made a quickly run till Blood and Wine, yesterday. I started at Level 69, and reached Toussaint at Level 78, doing the less quests possible. What I can confirm is:

- Hearts of Stone become a Level 101 quest/expansion.
- And Blood and Wine a Level 104 quest/expansion.
- The enemies I met were level ?.?.?, so I just avoided them, but managed to get some diagrams from the Manticore armor, which was marked as Lvl. 104 required. However, when I craft her, she became Lvl. 97 required, but with the exactly same stats as Lvl. 104.

Doing a little bit of exploration through the city (again, no battle, since I didn't tryed to win more levels with this save), I found other diagrams with a over level 100 requirement, which just become level 97/98/99 when crafted.

On general, while the enemies and quests can indeed become over level 100 (don't even want to think about a +/- Level 120 Dettlaff), at least the crafted equipments adjust to a lower level. I still don't know how much It will help, but it definitely can become a "Dark Souls New Game", if you start over level 60, and/or a completely nightmare at higher levels, with lvl. 150 ghouls for example.

The only good side..., is that we really can use the equipments.

p.s. I decided to keep that save aside, for now, but If anyone wants, I can try to evolve more and explore more the region for further informations.

p.s. #2 - Some new quest levels, after starting with a lvl. 69 Geralt:

Main quest:
- The Beast of Toussaint - Level 104
- Destination Skellige - Level 85
- Get Junior - Level 81

Secondary quest:
- Turn and Face the Strange (Toussaint) - Level 104
- Master Master Master Master! (Toussaint) - Level 109
- Mutual of Beauclair's Wild Kingdom (Toussaint) - Level 115
- Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Granite! (Toussaint) - Level 105
- A Matter of Life and Death (Novigrad) - Level 81

Witcher Contracts:
- The Creature from Oxenfurt Forest - Level 104
- The Oxenfurt Drunk - Level 95
- Big Game Hunter (Toussaint) - Level 106

Last edited:
@RezoInverse - Thank you!

As you say, the good news is that the equipment will work. As for the rest, if someone started on high level, I hope that means they DID use mods to get there, as with any luck someone will now bring out a mod to deal with it.

@Dragonbird

Agree. For me, the only problem is playing at Xbox One... a MOD for consoles would definitely help a little.hehe
BUT... I also like Dark Souls, so...

Thanks, @RezoInverse! That's a great list. Being able to target quests like that might help. Have you sent this in to CDPR Support? (Not sure how to upload a save file from XB1, though. I'm a PC guy. :teeth:)

@RezoInverse - Thank you!

As you say, the good news is that the equipment will work. As for the rest, if someone started on high level, I hope that means they DID use mods to get there, as with any luck someone will now bring out a mod to deal with it.

While this gives some good news, it does leave some significant problems (not to imply that you would disagree with what I am saying or about to say). For example, while crafted gear adjusts, found gear doesn't seem to. Not to mention recommended quest levels being above recommended player levels.

I really hope a fix for this comes in.

Thanks, @RezoInverse! That's a great list. Being able to target quests like that might help. Have you sent this in to CDPR Support? (Not sure how to upload a save file from XB1, though. I'm a PC guy. )

I had send a description of the problems, and some pictures already, but I don't think we will be seeing a fix right now....
Unfortunately, there's no way to upload it to CD Projekt. :( At Xbox, the only thing that I can make is really loading our erasing it, while at my profile.

But that would also mean, that it is a problem with the game, not with mods or any hacks or whatever.

Well, the only thing I can say is: I really never used a mod, hack or exploit at One, so... I believe that was something they didn't considered, that players would win such higher levels, without New Game +.

Well, the only thing I can say is: I really never used a mod, hack or exploit at One, so... I believe that was something they didn't considered, that players would win such higher levels, without New Game +.

Given the original game without ng+ had a level cap of 70, I was a bit surprised the level cap wasn't raised to 140 now that ng+ starts at the level you finished new game on.

Given the original game without ng+ had a level cap of 70, I was a bit surprised the level cap wasn't raised to 140 now that ng+ starts at the level you finished new game on.

Couldn't agree more! I definitely wish something had been done to compensate for the potential for legitimately-acquired higher levels in NG.

oh damm
can we get a dev comment please?
im on 4th playthrough and HOS level requirement is 99!!

i cant kill enemies because they are too high

anyway to fix that by mod or console??
just until offical patch comes ?

im having such a blast!!
i really dont want my fun to end because of that bug!!

dear devs i beg you by the ethernal fire

oh damm
can we get a dev comment please?
im on 4th playthrough and HOS level requirement is 99!!

i cant kill enemies because they are too high

anyway to fix that by mod or console??
just until offical patch comes ?

im having such a blast!!
i really dont want my fun to end because of that bug!!

dear devs i beg you by the ethernal fire

In this same thread:

As mentioned in similar thread:

We've run local tests and after starting NG+ with level 53 Geralt (finished both expansions from standalone save, did all the side content) we did not encounter any issues with quests or items in late game Blood and Wine after reaching level 100.

If you encounter any issues without using exploits, please contact us via http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ and we will investigate.

If you start above 53 you'll have problems.
I don't know if you can mod your save game,but otherwise you can find a lower level save or wait.

Edit: or start a new playthrough right from scratch or any old completed save < 53ish

In this same thread:

If you start above 53 you'll have problems.
I don't know if you can mod your save game,but otherwise you can find a lower level save or wait.

Edit: or start a new playthrough right from scratch or any old completed save < 53ish

dear god
you gotta be kidding me????
i just wasted my 3-4 last days playing w3 all day long just to realise it was all for nothi g??

i used an old save file which was lvl 68(download it)
got the gear i wanted and started ng+

but now you say im f4cked and cant do anything about it :((((

you really think i got enough time and power to do all velen quests again?
i just got to the party with triss after completing so many quests...

starting over would be a nightmare...its alrdy my 4th playthrough...

what can i do??

You've lost three days. If you don't want to wait, and who would, I'd find a save file under level 53.

If you can't, PM me and I can send a HoS completed completionist level 40 save master ursine and lots of crowns

Last edited:
I wish the PS4 would allow the same thing about saves or allows us to down grade patches because I really been wanting to play through my new game+ but I can't because I'm afraid of the gamebreaking bug in regards to the BLood & Wine DLCs where you can't interact with npcs. :/

I wish the PS4 would allow the same thing about saves or allows us to down grade patches because I really been wanting to play through my new game+ but I can't because I'm afraid of the gamebreaking bug in regards to the BLood & Wine DLCs where you can't interact with npcs. :/

I don't understand why U guys can't get this either, you have all the same connections, internet, usb that PC does.

I don't understand why Sony limits the size of mods either, athough large texture mods will kill the PS4.

Top Bottom