NG+ Questions

+
NG+ Questions

I was planning on starting a new game for the expansions, since I haven't played either of them yet. But I don't just want to play the same game over again, since I almost did everything first time around. So I thought about putting on some mods and I also wanted to do it in New Game+

My question is: If I did NOT do the expansions in NG, and now start NG+, am I able to do them there? Also how long do you think it takes for mods like Primer to actually be updated for Blood and Wine?

Question about what carries over in NG+

I know this question is very frequently asked around here but it's always about a very specific item or thing. I've searched on the internet but I can only find the early interviews detailing it or discussions before the release of the DLC.

So is there any way anybody can tell me exactly what carries over?

Yes, like you I started a NG+ (Death March with Level Scaled Enemies) to enjoy the whole game + the new expansions which I hadn't done yet, and you can definitely go through them in NG+, your previous save you load for NG+ only affects what items, recipes, levels, and ability points are carried over, there is zero transfer of any story progress, your glossary is even wiped clean.

You also don't really need mods to enjoy the game a second time, there are tons of other options to take in various quests to make it feel very different. I'm doing a different romance, different choices during several main quests, and just really experiencing a new take on the story now than I did the first time around. I also plan on doing a speedier run after this NG+ run probably on low difficulty just to play "Bad Geralt" and generally be a dick to everyone, make the worst choices, and see how that plays out.

I had all the Mastercrafted witcher gear in my stash when I started my NG+, but ended up dismantling everything since you find all new legendary witcher gear in the same locations in NG+. This also goes for all other unique armors, like the original free dlc armors, and any special items.

Basically, you're going to update everything to NG+ levels and stats.

I had all the Mastercrafted witcher gear in my stash when I started my NG+, but ended up dismantling everything since you find all new legendary witcher gear in the same locations in NG+. This also goes for all other unique armors, like the original free dlc armors, and any special items.

Basically, you're going to update everything to NG+ levels and stats.

Ah that's cool! Thanks for the info guys! So points of interests reset as well I'm assuming.

Threads merged, and retitled. We're seeing a number of new questions regarding NG+ lately. Please, post them here.

I thought the only thing you lose is gwent cards when starting a new game + everything else is on you or in your stash.
Quest items like the lamp and thing-ah-ma-giggy that dissolves illusions of course you won't have,

Last edited:
Top Bottom