NG's "seize and lock" deck, losing or not, is not fun at all to play against

+
I couldn’t disagree with this thread more. NR and SY are disgustingly OP at present which is why NG is getting so much use. MO, SK, and ST are not overly common near the top because they cannot keep up. Fix NR and SY then talk about nerfing the only viable counter to them.

I couldn’t disagree with this thread more. NR and SY are disgustingly OP at present which is why NG is getting so much use. MO, SK, and ST are not overly common near the top because they cannot keep up. Fix NR and SY then talk about nerfing the only viable counter to them.
It's not necessary about the current meta, since Enslave is not played in this season, it's about the general thing about Sieze keyword, and NG. Also as far as remember NG was played this much, it's not about this season. Also NR is fine in my opinion, it's vurnable to push, as well as wide damage. I don't see how it's OP.

It's not necessary about the current meta, since Enslave is not played in this season, it's about the general thing about Sieze keyword, and NG. Also as far as remember NG was played this much, it's not about this season. Also NR is fine in my opinion, it's vurnable to push, as well as wide damage. I don't see how it's OP.

With defender unless you run poison, purify, or mover (all uncommon in SK and MO,) then NR hides and unleashes a torrent of charges and damage. Removal is the only method for dealing with NR and formation, inspiration, defender, all make it op. It is not a coincidence that NR and SY are so common in pro and are considered tier one by pros. NG lacks an identity, so they generally rely on power. Seize is part of that. My position is no nerfs of any kind to NG until you nerf NR and SY or seriously boost the other 3.

With defender unless you run poison, purify, or mover (all uncommon in SK and MO,) then NR hides and unleashes a torrent of charges and damage. Removal is the only method for dealing with NR and formation, inspiration, defender, all make it op. It is not a coincidence that NR and SY are so common in pro and are considered tier one by pros. NG lacks an identity, so they generally rely on power. Seize is part of that. My position is no nerfs of any kind to NG until you nerf NR and SY or seriously boost the other 3.
I haven't seen anyone running defender with NR in my games, I haven't seen that many NRs in general, and I'm playing in Pro rank, Also, Removal is not the only way, most NRs are playing Uprising, which doesn't have many dangerous targets that you want to remove, except for a few, such as Anna Stranger, also purify is not uncommon, especially not in SK, every SK deck runs Gremist, I play SK myself and it's a 100% win Vs NR, since They get destroyed by morkvag and wild boar, as for monsters, they just push NR hard, but monsters are not good atm in general, and yes SY needs Nerf asap but so does NG, there is a lot more Poisen NG than all NR decks combined being played, with pretty much no counter.

I haven't seen anyone running defender with NR in my games, I haven't seen that many NRs in general, and I'm playing in Pro rank, Also, Removal is not the only way, most NRs are playing Uprising, which doesn't have many dangerous targets that you want to remove, except for a few, such as Anna Stranger, also purify is not uncommon, especially not in SK, every SK deck runs Gremist, I play SK myself and it's a 100% win Vs NR, since They get destroyed by morkvag and wild boar, as for monsters, they just push NR hard, but monsters are not good atm in general, and yes SY needs Nerf asap but so does NG, there is a lot more Poisen NG than all NR decks combined being played, with pretty much no counter.

A while back (around 14 months ago give or take 1 or 2,) There was a website that tracked that kind of data. Do you happen to know the web address? I would be very curious to see pro rank only data on faction use and win rates.

A while back (around 14 months ago give or take 1 or 2,) There was a website that tracked that kind of data. Do you happen to know the web address? I would be very curious to see pro rank only data on faction use and win rates.
Data has been Hidden by CDPR

Having my buffed card health (as I did not want it seized) first lowered and then the card seized on my opponents turn (no way I could respond) was pretty frustrating. The mechanic needs work. Perhaps an added coin cost per turn for seized units (the cost of owning new units) or provision deficit spending build up cost for over capping provisions counts could be considered. Or a royal decree, diplomatic mission, or search mission calling for the destruction of disloyal units or pardon for disloyal units allowing re-integration could be considered as a counter.

Here you can see that Syndicate is not overpowered at all: https://datadrivengaming.net/ladderStats

They have only one deck that is viable too, Lined Pockets.
Everything else is pretty much trash, even Congregate decks which are the second best SY decks.
Faction wise the game is pretty balanced.

The cards are not balanced at all however and the various leaders for a certain faction are not nearly balanced too. It's just a sad joke in fact. You often can only play one deck type which is viable. Everything else gets destroyed. Monsters have the most competitive decks and leaders by far.

Top Bottom