Nice tune, Orianna.

+
Nice tune, Orianna.

So by now, pretty much everyone has figured out that Orianna is the bruxa form A Night to Remember trailer. And a lot of people have been speculating that you could technically kill her.. or recreate the trailer scene in game.

So I did have a thought regarding that. While you're running around in Beuclair, Geralt keeps saying nice tune in random locations. It always piqued my interest but I never figured out why he keeps saying that, never even thought to look around when he does. In case anyone is wondering that's the same phrase he says at the begging of the trailer in question: "Nice tune, been a while since I heard it last".

So basically, I have a question/request. Anyone care to figure out why Geralt keeps saying that phrase?

I dont think we would get an Orianna fight, there were too many bruxa running around to make her stand out and feel important. I've heard Geralt say that but I was certain it was in response to the background music or whistling that the townfolk do.

Yeah, the "Nice tune" thing was before the city was attacked. Maybe it's nothing, but I don't know. It just seemed to fit as a theory.

After that "Nice Tune" i started looking around, and was looking for that bruxa - but nothing.
Later when Orianna showed up, i thought she would be the reason, and looked again everytime when geralt said "Nice Tune" - again nothing.

Its sad, they didnt made more out of it. it could have been a nice quest.

Guest 3847602

Geralt can say that whenever he hears someone playing the music on the streets of Beuclair or in the taverns (kinda like he comments on the weather change in the main game). The first time I heard him say "Nice tune" was when "Wolven Storm" was being played at some inn and I thought that was because of the Yen romance, but later I discovered he simply says this most of the time the music can be heard in the background.
So no, I don't think it has any deeper meaning than this. ;)

Ah, i didn't recognize that. Or i simply forgot it :D
Well, still sad, it doesn't have a deeper reason in B&W. It would fit so good in a quest.

When I first heard him say that I thought that beast was maybe watching me or something and ran around searching for her. Then I realized that he mostly says this when close to the market square with all the stalls and band playing on a little stage. The very first song played is that beautiful Tavern/Gwent theme.

Last edited:
Obviously Geralt say that in the cinematic beacuse in Blood and wine, in the option of contact with the unseen,
Orianna sing the song to a kid of her orphanage, and after the conversation, he promise that kill her....
The problem is that i think is a error of narrative because everyone don't chose that option and lose the conversation with Orianna, VITAL to understand the cinematic of 1 year ago...

It's a sad thing we can't fight Orianna in the epilogue :upset:
At least TW1 delivered the striga fight after it's intro :p

Top Bottom