Night City! Districts, descriptions, flavours - DETAILS!

+
It kinda pains me to find this thread now, after almost 60 hours of playing the game, and see how strong of a vibe this concept art is giving, compared to what the game actually gives you.

There are many issues with the game, on which almost everyone is focusing right now, but I hope that once these are being dealt with, we'll start diving into the environment, and how it sadly fails to make you feel that cyberpunk world is alive.

The concept art, while being simple static images, make me feel this world more than walking through these neighbourhoods in the game. I keep trying, but I struggle to feel the environment, the atmosphere/the vibe of these neighbourhood. Everything seems too static, NPCs and their routines are dull, weather effects and changes are too. There is something missing, this city has no soul.
I won't direclty compare it to WItcher 3 because the environment is really different, but in the latter I loved just walking through a town or a village, through a field, a forest etc... you could hear the winds through the leaves, see the trees bend when it gets gusty, admire sunrise and/or sunset, building appearing out of the fog, weather effects were great and I was hoping to get the same pleasure walking through Night City, I was hoping they'd manage to create an environment that would feel as alive, albeit completely different.

And where are the creative side quests CDPR got us used to with The Witcher 3?!!!
I intend to do them all before the final main mission, but apart from "Helping the Peralez" so far I feel all I'm doing is neutralising or stealing targets, there is no interesting side story, no development... Can't believe I'm saying this but I end up quitting the game after a few of these sides quests/jobs because I'm bored.

Bugs will be fixed, don't know how long it will take but they surely will be. How Night City feels though, I don't think anything will/can be done there anymore...

If you don't want to get even more disappointed in this game, NEVER OPEN THE IN-GAME ENCYCLOPEDIA! Don't look there, don't read anything there. Because when you start doing this, you begin to understand how much of the game has been cut.
>You don't realy know the city until you've taken a ride on the NCART
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY! Why did you leave this in the encyclopedia? Why did you give us the opportunity to read this? What would give players even more phantom pain from the cut content? It's just one line of text, why did you leave it in the game?

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.01 - 19.10.11.51.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.01 - 19.10.11.51.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 198
Here's a real "nice-to-know" detail: YOU CAN'T DRAW YOUR WEAPONS IN THE DEWDROP INN! (Serious Side Effects Side Gig). I made a change to my control scheme before entering and lost my mind trying to figure out what I had done wrong. I get why, given a very small and insignificant thing you can discover there, but if you're going to prohibit weapons in any area, the player needs to be informed in their HUD, not just have the ability to draw weapons completely disappear without explanation!

If you don't want to get even more disappointed in this game, NEVER OPEN THE IN-GAME ENCYCLOPEDIA! Don't look there, don't read anything there. Because when you start doing this, you begin to understand how much of the game has been cut.
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY! Why did you leave this in the encyclopedia? Why did you give us the opportunity to read this? What would give players even more phantom pain from the cut content? It's just one line of text, why did you leave it in the game?

I was randomly double jumping around the Kabuki overpass area, when I managed to climb up on the NCART tracks and saw an actual NCART train go by. For a second I thought it would kill me on impact, but then I realized I was on the 'safer' side of the track. I also think it might be interesting if these carts become active at some point to allow players to jump around on the tracks, and...well...get electrocuted as superconductive mag-rail devices tend to do.

Its in the game, but not as an interactive element. Try looking around a little? -w

All those fast travel points are NCART.

Nice job. CDPR's depiction of Night City is fantastic but I am curious, where's the combat zone?

It seems every area is the Combat Zone these days.

But I must admit I am stunned at how different they made all of the districts. I remember when I entered the suburbs and after so much wandering through Night City, I was like, "What the hell is this? HOUSES? In Night City? Who the hell paid for all of this?"

What a waste of time creating these unique districts with gangs. Half of the over half of the main storyline is in Watson. The rest are just fodder. I don't even think I had a mission in Heywood or Downtown. With all them massive buildings that you cant enter and the multiple corporations that you never meet or interact with what a big let down.

I really am impressed with the variety of locals in the districts.

I think my favorite moment was arriving in Santa Domingo and wondering what the fuck was up with this place. Its architecture was so weird until it hit me: I HAD FORGOTTEN WHAT SUBURBS LOOKED LIKE. I mean, shitty run down garbage-filled suburbs but I actually wondered what sort of gang had the power that people could afford to live in houses than a megablock.

I've spent most of my time collecting fashions, adding new mods and exploring the vast areas of interest within Night City, even just within the centre. That and learning to ride (borrowed) bikes as fast and cleanly as possible which is thrilling at night... Today I went out the docks area, saw the water (we need boats !!) tried swimming (not as good as in Entropia Universe) and discovered hidden markets down past the huge brown rusty ship along the quay... also while I was parked these two npcs walked up and stood together watching the water... literally the first 'couple' I have seen in a linked pose... usually the NPC are just walkabout zombies... there is still so much they can add in the game.. and I really want to interact more, like SIT DOWN at bars and cafes, buy food, have a drink animation, tip the hang drum player and street beggars but it won't let you... ( Note: I don't know why my photos are coming out so blurred... )

Attachments

• photomode_11012021_230816.png
    photomode_11012021_230816.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 127
  • photomode_11012021_231534.png
    photomode_11012021_231534.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 120
  • photomode_11012021_231934.png
    photomode_11012021_231934.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
  • photomode_11012021_232030.png
    photomode_11012021_232030.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 119
Just want to say this is some great work. I hope eventually you guys will be able to put a legend on the map with every areas bars clubs and other points of interest. A lot of the quest or gigs makes you discover these types of places but once you move on from them it's really difficult to recall where they were (totentaz, embers, even Mama Wells place)

All those fast travel points are NCART.

No, they're really not. A few of the fast travel points are at the entrances to what appear to be fully modelled NCART stations, and we know the NCART carriages were modelled because we've seen them in the trailer. But many of the fast travel points are nowhere near NCART tracks. The one just outside V's apartment is an example in the city: an NCART track does pass the building and it's entirely possible that there might be an NCART station on the side of the building, but it wouldn't be right outside V's apartment, since otherwise the track would be right outside the window, and it isn't.

Similarly, there's a fast travel point in the Aldecaldo's camp, but there's no NCART track anywhere near there (nor would there be, since the Aldecaldo's camp is supposed to be hidden from the Raffen Shiv).

My guess is that the reason the NCART was never finished is because someone decided that they needed fast travel points all over the map, and so the idea of using NCART as fast travel got dropped. It's a shame; I'd really like to travel the NCART.
Post automatically merged:

Nice job. CDPR's depiction of Night City is fantastic but I am curious, where's the combat zone?

Pacifica is the combat zone.

No, they're really not. A few of the fast travel points are at the entrances to what appear to be fully modelled NCART stations, and we know the NCART carriages were modelled because we've seen them in the trailer. But many of the fast travel points are nowhere near NCART tracks. The one just outside V's apartment is an example in the city: an NCART track does pass the building and it's entirely possible that there might be an NCART station on the side of the building, but it wouldn't be right outside V's apartment, since otherwise the track would be right outside the window, and it isn't.

Similarly, there's a fast travel point in the Aldecaldo's camp, but there's no NCART track anywhere near there (nor would there be, since the Aldecaldo's camp is supposed to be hidden from the Raffen Shiv).

My guess is that the reason the NCART was never finished is because someone decided that they needed fast travel points all over the map, and so the idea of using NCART as fast travel got dropped. It's a shame; I'd really like to travel the NCART.
Post automatically merged:

Pacifica is the combat zone.
My point was, minus actually showing you getting on the transit, is that those fast travel points are NCART. Cheaply done but that's not surprising with how much CDPR dropped the ball on this wanna-be Cyberpunk game. Mike Pondsmith should be suing CDPR for bastardizing his game

My point was, minus actually showing you getting on the transit, is that those fast travel points are NCART. Cheaply done but that's not surprising with how much CDPR dropped the ball on this wanna-be Cyberpunk game. Mike Pondsmith should be suing CDPR for bastardizing his game

I am willing to allow a certain level of extrapolation.

I presume the machines are not actually stations but just where you buy bus and train tickets.

Sort of like how Skyrim's towns are not life size.

Top Bottom