Night City Feels Empty

+
Night City never sleeps... except in the morning.... and the day... and most nights.

Attachments

• sleepy.JPG
    sleepy.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 149
  • sleeps2.JPG
    sleeps2.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 125
  • sleeps.JPG
    sleeps.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 139
The first thought that comes to mind in terms of the NPC's is to have the NPC's doing what is being alluded to all over the city. This is for me one of the biggest problems with the game, so much is alluded to but isn't really there and it's not like you have to go searching for the curtain to look behind to see this reality, the illusion is presented on a giant screen that says CURTAIN on it.

- Have NPC's actually committing crimes, not standing around waiting for you to show up and stop them.
- Have NPC's doing drive by shootings or racing or running from the cops through the city etc.
- Let the player sit down at a noodle stand and eat some noodles. Hell just let the player sit down for starters.

CDPR's Night City is dead, give it some life. As it is, it's one step above a virtual reality kiosk tour of a still image.

LOL, I just set the crowd density to medium because I hat too many NPC, too many cars and traffic jams, there are crimes investigated by the police as you drive by, even accidents. [...]

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I just set the crowd density to medium because I hat too many NPC, too many cars and traffic jams, there are crimes investigated by the police as you drive by, even accidents.

There is no crowd density setting on my game. The rest irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you walk around NIght City you see ads about sex and 18+ adult content, braindancing, stripclubbing, moxes and joytoys, yet there is none of that available to you only 2 JoyToys in WHOLE GAME yes whole game.

Witcher 3 was not about sex, but it had 3 times more of it lol. Talk about irony...

They need to add:

I think that you should add “Car Shops” instead of driving across apart of the city to see a car. I’m not saying to get rid of the buying cars option we have now but add car stores to get cars and customize them. I would also recommend the car shop at least two in every section in the night city.

Another idea that I have is to add more interaction in Restaurants, Bars, and clubs. At the Braindance clubs, you should pay and get a braindance in the club. Also, you should sit down with the bars and have the tender pour you a drink, not just buy it out of the menu, then go into your backpack, click the glass, and never see you drink it. The same goes for restaurants. I also think you should talk to people more in these places I just listed, not having a one-word conversation. I’m not saying every NPC in the game but only in these establishments.

My next topic is gangs. I think that you should be able to join one of the Gangs in Night City. I have with the gang’s view that some ideas are to do side missions with your gang. You should also have a rival gang, or the gangs primarily go after the Police or corporation. You could have “gang wars”. Don’t get me wrong, though; the Lone Wolf is cool; It’d be nice to be able to join a gang. Also, each gang could have its perk. Like if someone enters the animals, they would get “stronger” like a street brawler. There could also be ranks in the gang, and you can work your way up in the gang and get “respect.”

More sexual stuff! I think that there should be more joytoys in Night City who are opposite and get into more “fetishes,” not saying go crazy but just regular stuff that a fair amount of people are into. I also think that you should add relationships to the game. So you can go on dates with someone and hang out with them. You can also add a twist with that, though, but random scenarios like they have to move away or murdered or just die in natural causes.

Housing! I think that you should add the option to buy different houses. I believe that it is nice that you can get “houses” throughout the game, but it’d be nice to get your places, and maybe the higher the price more perks in the house.

Delamain! Delamain should become a taxi service that can drive you around Night City. There can also be different taxi services, so the more money, the better and cooler taxis, but I think the cabs should be unique and you can talk to the taxi driver, and maybe they can become your chauffeur.

Personal attack! I think that since we’re attacking these gangs and corporations so much, they should come after us. Now I’m not saying all the time, but I think that’d be a very cool touch to add to the game.

If you made it this far, thank you for reading, and I’ll be adding to my list with other ideas or adding on to these ideas, and I love to hear some of your ideas and thoughts.

First of all, I have 4 Joy Toys I can interact with. The 2 in JigJig street and 2 for the wealthier ones in a strip clup, the same club where Us Cracks and Kerry Eurodyne introduced their new song. The ones in Jig Jig town cost 100 ED per night and the ones in the strip club 3000 ED. But thats it. I have to agree NC is the skeleton of a town. Its nice to look at but thats it. So many closed doors. I wish to walk through the city scan advertisement and find new locations + missions. I want to steal cars, sell them and to costomize my cars. I want to interact with more NPCs. I want to sit down eat noodles and watch gangs fighting the police. I want to watch BDs and find missions over the Internet. I want to explore the underground/canalisation of Night City, I want to ride flying cars. There are so many possibilities. I feel CP2077 is lacking after so many years of programming. Also I feel that many of those options I wish to be in the Game actualy were but have been stripped of the sold version to either put them back in via DLCs, or they have been stripped of due to censoreship or bad management. I have 250 hours played and nothig left to do I have 91% of the archivements and do not feel inspired to accomplish the rest 9% in an empty city with no possibilities other than running ammok and fight of the police. I dont want to start a new character because I found the storry line rather uninteresting. I have to say I am dissapointed by CDPR. I hope they will use this skeleton of a town to deliver the gamer what they have presented and promissed us but as per my expirience with Game Companies or Corporats that is not gonna happen.
Joy Toys locations.pngJoy Toys.png

I'm happy with the City and the patches to come. By no means will I slander and demean the work of CD PR due to Cyberpunk just being Cyberpunk. The hate isn't warranted, people generalized the hate bullet - aim focuses on the game+dev+publisher when we all know its a few individuals that deserve a punch in the head and dismissal for allowing the release to go the way it did.

Dont hate the developer or the game. Find the people responsible - email them ya bullets.

Maybe on console due to population density, but its full of people and vehicles on pc with max density. So much so that you're stuck in traffic unless you use a bike. They can't change that for consoles due to the lack of processing power compared to higher end rigs.

It's not so much crowds and more NPCs, on the PC there are loads of them. Traffic is pretty decent, although, any more cars it will be pure grid -lock. What's lacking is interactivity in the world at large.

As stated above, eating, drinking, maybe some very small talk. Going to the club or to dinner...maybe back home to pass out and regen stamina and health. Def needs random ambient events that occure from time to time....get involved or just watch it unfold. More RPG elements!

As for the small talk with NPCs,; in reality, how many conversations are you having with complete strangers on the street as you walk by. Now at the strip club, that's a different story ;)

Love the game though. The way I see it; if CDPR isn't going to implement these things, be certain the modders will.

My $0.02 worth!

Good day!
DrDetroit

I'm happy with the City and the patches to come. By no means will I slander and demean the work of CD PR due to Cyberpunk just being Cyberpunk. The hate isn't warranted, people generalized the hate bullet - aim focuses on the game+dev+publisher when we all know its a few individuals that deserve a punch in the head and dismissal for allowing the release to go the way it did.

Dont hate the developer or the game. Find the people responsible - email them ya bullets.

First of all dissapointment is no "hate". Dont write BS. I never hated or slandered the Game I just tried to express that CP77 is not the next gen RPG as promissed, by CDPR during promotion, as of now. Dont put people on the hate bullet because they express criticism of that fact. And you are right, such problems are mostly caused by individuals but to be honnest those individuals have the power within CDPR to get through with "bad decissions" and therefore represent CDPR as an company. I do not know those individuals so I have to talk about CDPR in general. If you have the means to do so please do and share their communication lines but I guess if you would, those individuals would sue you. And if all people would just go their way without criticism I wouldnt even wanna pitcture the Gaming world.
If I would hate the Game, I wouldnt have spend the monney and 250 hours of my time. As others stated the interactivity is very limited in NC, if you are happy with that please be so.

Okay, first let me praise the game. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think its amazing, and looks great.
And my corpo run so far has been reasonable bugless.

And here is the but: But the city feels some times mega empty for a mega city.
Night City looks amazing but sometimes just feels empty.
And to be honest I think that's not a design choice but a hardware constriction choice.
In the more scripted parts of the game its packed, but when you travel from a to b it can feel like New York right now devoid of live, 1 random person walking here one car driving there. Not what I expect from a Mega city.

Not slighting the devs/CDPR but it struck me a when I was driving around, GTAV felt more lived in sometimes then NC does.
What are your experiences and thoughts?
You have a good point i agree

Last edited:
They're having a cyberpsychosis epidemic and people are social distancing and sheltering in place obviously
Post automatically merged:

Well according to some text in the game NC did lose %30 of its population in 2076

Last edited:
They're having a cyberpsychosis epidemic and people are social distancing and sheltering in place obviously

Well according to some text in the game NC did lose %30 of its population in 2076
I wouldn't put that much thought into the lore since jackie magically gets his guns at the Heist after putting them in del car or Takemura getting out of the parade with hanako after struggling to jump on it with non function implants is still a mistery to me

I wouldn't put that much thought into the lore since jackie magically gets his guns at the Heist after putting them in del car or Takemura getting out of the parade with hanako after struggling to jump on it with non function implants is still a mistery to me
the 3 path's have plot holes all over the place 1 example Street kid padre acts like he never met you before which is absurd

Last edited:
Okay, first let me praise the game. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think its amazing, and looks great.
I actually noticed this too, so I drove through downtown Tacoma and reflected on what is different about Night City and actual American cities.

1) There's more open carry in Night City, probably more guns too.
2) There are fewer gun shops in Night City.
3) There are waaay fewer homeless people in Night City. Not nearly enough tents.
4) That apartment they give us is amazingly luxurious. Like over the top. We should have something more like Barry's apartment; and we should have dialogue about how hard it is to pay for that with a single income.

I think my revolutionary suggestion would not only make all other open world games begging for mercy but would make the night city eternal ;)

3) There are waaay fewer homeless people in Night City. Not nearly enough tents.

Maybe thats because if you live in a mega building you can just ignore paying your rent without worry of being evicted no matter if they send you emails about it.

I find it a bit odd that you don't have to pay rent in the game but your auto insurance has a deductible that gets subtracted when you crash your car.

I was wondering if the DTR cargo airships have landing sites or runways in Night City or those just fly over the skies of the city and the Badlands?

The NPC crowd density does need a bit of tweaking... but, playing the game with high density on, the crowds seem responsive and dynamic. The busier sections seem to have an ample amount of NPC's and rural/industrial areas a much sparser population, time and weather seem to play a part in it too.

I would like the NPC's to be a bit more diverse. Seeing clones of the same NPC several times in the same crowd does seem a bit flawed. Though the NPC's dropping into a crouch and staying that way at the first hint of violence is a much bigger issue. Also, if you plant yourself on a streetcorner for any length of time, the traffic will bog down to a stop because the vehicle AI is rudimentary at best.

A pretty well written article about the back-story of street density can be found at this site, giving you a bit of history.

Last edited:
Top Bottom