Night City Feels Empty

+
Okay, first let me praise the game. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think its amazing, and looks great.
And my corpo run so far has been reasonable bugless.

And here is the but: But the city feels some times mega empty for a mega city.
Night City looks amazing but sometimes just feels empty.
And to be honest I think that's not a design choice but a hardware constriction choice.
In the more scripted parts of the game its packed, but when you travel from a to b it can feel like New York right now devoid of live, 1 random person walking here one car driving there. Not what I expect from a Mega city.

Not slighting the devs/CDPR but it struck me a when I was driving around, GTAV felt more lived in sometimes then NC does.
What are your experiences and thoughts?

i agree. although there are always tons of npcs and cars for me. it's just a lot of inaccessible buildings and the same 2 or 3 random events. however it's par for the course in any open world, especially a metropolis based open world

The NPC crowd density does need a bit of tweaking... but, playing the game with high density on, the crowds seem responsive and dynamic. The busier sections seem to have an ample amount of NPC's and rural/industrial areas a much sparser population, time and weather seem to play a part in it too.

I would like the NPC's to be a bit more diverse. Seeing clones of the same NPC several times in the same crowd does seem a bit flawed. Though the NPC's dropping into a crouch and staying that way at the first hint of violence is a much bigger issue. Also, if you plant yourself on a streetcorner for any length of time, the traffic will bog down to a stop because the vehicle AI is rudimentary at best.

A pretty well written article about the back-story of street density can be found at this site, giving you a bit of history.
I wouldn't base everything on lore otherwise half of this game wouldnt have been roamable due to maxtac besides the reason why i posted the thread was to point out the devs that there are areas that needs to be filled out I also wanted to point out yes the reason why there aren't people in Japantown " is because of "Lore" the parade mission but let me put it this way when u do the MAXTAC mission at the vendor you have the Chopper blocking the street due to investigation but once you skip time its gone, imo it should be the same way with this its a miss opportunity to make the city even better

Last edited:
having ton of NPC around is nice for photos... but if you drive everywhere, they are annoying as hell... you cant reverse, because there is always somebody behind you.... and NPCs like to stop and just stand there, unless you hit them with the car...

would be great to have an additional option for even higher crowd density
pc only, if your rig can handle it

would be great to have an additional option for even higher crowd density

That would drive me nuts. I am already plowing through people because there isn't room on the sidewalk and if I go around them in the street, I tend to get mowed down by a truck.

Top Bottom