Night City needs more variety, it feels severely lacking and unimpressive...

+
It feels very dead in terms of variety, it seems to be lacking that pop that I often see in GTA V PC mods...

By that I mean...

1. Street vendors need to be selling things in which you can interact with them to purchase items.
2. There are like two types of height in this game, either adult or child, there isn't anything in the middle to distinguish this, at least there is width in terms of NPCs.
3. There are no NPCs driving motorcycles or mopeds, or bikes. You see them parked but never operated.
4. The train system does not run, nor can you enter it.
5. No one is walking their dogs or pets.
7. No one wears a backpack or purse.
8. Stores in the middle of daylight have an open sign but when you go up to the store it is locked.
9. There needs to be more lights in the buildings. Whenever I go to a city at night, every floor is lit up.
10. Food when zoomed in with the Kiroshi Optics look low resolution and not even food.
11. The same ads lack variety once you see the same 10 boring ads rotate you want more variety.
12. When there are prostitutes next to a car as if they are repositioning themselves with clientele, when walking up to the car no one is in there. So who were they talking to?
13. NPCs say completely different dialogue no corresponding to their context, it feels jarring.
14. No one in Night City actually takes out the garbage or at least attempts to sanitize the areas filled with garbage.
15. There are people walking at the same pace, but there is no one jogging or exercising.
16. No one is walking around garbage or react to it.

And how come there is no flashlight in this game when you go to dark areas.

This kills the believability and immersion for me to be honest.

Don't call op a nitpicker, yeah the things he mentioned are minor details but remember they promised next gen game and even asked for additional time to "polish"(perhaps makes RTX more shiny :p) the game that doesn't excuse them that the current release of the game feels like an open beta or experimental branch. Remember how they promised we will be able to explore mega buildings from top to bottom and places having more depth ? all of those were dumped in this release.
CDPR's ai however is really bad even on the witcher titles so I doubt they'll even fix them - I'll leave it to modders.

And for those who always says the expectations were too high-- CDPR hyped this game so much and it's their fault players are shit talking their "finished" product.

1. Street vendors need to be selling things in which you can interact with them to purchase items.

I agree with this, but there is no REAL reason to use food/drink so not really needed.

8. Stores in the middle of daylight have an open sign but when you go up to the store it is locked.

Almost all the locked store are chain stores. Could have made a generic room and just dropped a generic merchant in them selling random stuff.

And how come there is no flashlight in this game when you go to dark areas.

At the very least a low-light mod for your eye.

I don't agree with most of the list but I'll agree to make a general statement that
night city is lacking the coolness that the word "night" brings into the cool-sounding location night city.

Somebody deem that expectations for this game are too high. Learn to like bad AI, and fake choice driven stories. You'll be better off in the long run

Even CDPR claimed that better AI and world building are the way for the future, not simply pushing more polygons for a true next-gen experience. This was last year of course...

They might have actually realized their goals too had the last-gen consoles been eliminated entirely from the equation. As it stands, they may as well have been for how they turned out, but they were still holding back the current-gen consoles and especially PC like always.

I am very sympathetic to your words. Especially number 8
And if I add a little bit of my opinion, Apart from clothes, weapons, and food, we can buy or get a wide variety of items on the street or in the store. But it is sad that we can never use them and we can only turn them into money.
For example, Even if I buy Johnny's record, I can't hear it, and I get the Brain Dance package, I can't appreciate it.
We just have them all or we have to sell them to the merchant.
This can be too much expectation. But you guys have had a whopping 8years. And despite all of this game contents being incomplete, they confidently advertised to us.
I think it is very natural to have this level of expectation.

Last edited:
The fact that you cant even sit on a chair or bench in this game, or open 95% of the doors says everything.
I agree with the guy above me, you cant compare a masterpiece like GTA with whatever the heck this barebone on rails looter shooter is. Outside of the art direction, story and characters (arguably gunplay too) - this game is so poorly done its almost unreal.

Its like their entire budget was spent on Art Direction and Keanu Reeves, and some school kid did the rest.

Well, no need of flashlight if because eye implants because mostlikely would see in low light conditions with those!

This whole GTA is better than Cyberpunk thing is absurd. They are completely different games that have completely different strengths, it's just people cherry picking aspects where GTA does better to claim the whole game is better.
It is generally very difficult to make a coherent argument for why one subjective experience is objectively "better" than some other subjective experience.

That being said, I do think especially those GTA IV comparison videos showcase a very big problem for CDPR and CP77. If Rockstar could do those things on that sort of hardware, then why can't CDPR do it now? The answer is obvious, they could have done it if it had been considered a priority. It was not.

And while Rockstar do tend to overdo very tiny details for no real gain, the total lack of all of these details really becomes glaring. There is very little in CP77 that has "physics" attached to it and I use that term very loosely, destruction animations appear to be unmodified by what triggered them, the named NPCs are all anchored to the same spot forever, AI for pedestrians is limited to random walking and crouching in fear, driving AI is just sad, market places don't actually sell anything, you can't eat or drink anything, and you can't even move or use furniture.

Overall, the city just doesn't feel like something you can interact with. It feels a lot more like a painting on a wall than a living, breathing organism around you. This does not prevent one from having fun, at least it hasn't done so for me, but the absense of all these little things also doesn't really invite you back, so once you fizzle and lose that bubble of "this is fun" and it starts being "meh, this isn't that fun anymore" then simply being in the city, seeing the sights, exploring the scene, it isn't going to be that interesting.

Top Bottom