Night City quite immersive and alive

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not criticism cheering. i simply cant be bothered to type out all the reasons a lot of us dont find this world immersive compared to other games weve had over the last decade or more
"A lot of us" but not all of them. Just do not compare, usually it poisons every aspect of one's life.

"A lot of us" but not all of them. Just do not compare, usually it poisons every aspect of one's life.

Agreed but not when it comes to product standards. If CDPR can make The Witcher 2 and 3, the fact Cyberpunk 2077 is supposed to be be an even higher standard is just upsetting. Sincerely, I would rather play The Witcher 1.

Not immersive. Beautiful (on PC), but not immersive.

I miss Cluck'in Bell, darts, playing pool with Little Jacob, golf, purchasing properties, flying planes, skydiving, et cetera, et cetera.

I really CARE a lot about immersion, it is, but need some content and polish.

Agreed but not when it comes to product standards. If CDPR can make The Witcher 2 and 3, the fact Cyberpunk 2077 is supposed to be be an even higher standard is just upsetting. Sincerely, I would rather play The Witcher 1.
I don't want to argue on that, it is you choice.

There are three types of NPCs in this game.

1. The ones you do dialogue with.
2. The scripted ones that talk about things as you pass by but you can't really interact with.
3. The ones that are there just for visuals.

Normally in games I wouldn't like the category #3 NPCs but because it's easy to tell they are only there for looks I quite like it in Cyberpunk. Additionally I'd rather have 1000 citizens not say much when talking to you than have 1000 citizens having full blown conversations with you randomly picked from a set of 25 scripted dialogues that repeat. People also aren't giving CDPR enough credit for all the category #2 NPCs in the game, there are a ton of these I've bumped into and they've been unique, can't think of any repeats.

There are a lot of problems in the game and a lot of lie (nudity for example) but the city is just great. That's my strong opinion.

Im not criticism cheering. i simply cant be bothered to type out all the reasons a lot of us dont find this world immersive compared to other games weve had over the last decade or more

In the past ten years, only one company has managed to develop technology to make an open world city with a certain AI - RockStar Games. Ubi Montreal is just now getting it - after ACO. It does not overestimate the world in the eagerness or purpose of disparaging the CD. I work with games too, although I study more than I work with games. In animation and 3D composition, since version 2.5 of Studio Max (you probably weren't even born). Still, you speak on this forum exclusively for yourself and not this 'a lot of people'. Always remember that, nobody gave you power of attorney to be representative of something ... at least in this forum. I respect your opinion, which is only and exclusively yours, although others share similar points of view, but avoid 'hoping for everything to go wrong' ... critical, constructive.

I actually agree with the OP. There are lots of little things going on when you travel around the city, much like in RDR2.

I've stumbled on random shakedowns by gang members, a block party with booming stereos and gangers dancing with regular citizens, a police blockade and various minor gang-on-gang fights. None of them quest related, but just little scenes you come across that give life to the city.

I also agree with the people saying NPCs outside of such events are lifeless. They are part of the scenery though and I don't quite know what people are expecting. 90% of NPCs in RDR2 have no interaction either, nor do they have any sort of daily routine apart from standing still in different places depending on the time of day.

Also, it is a major issue how static the police are currently, but based on the recent investor call this seems like CDPR knows this is an issue and intend on doing something about it.

RDR2 was not listed as an RPG. i really dont care about the Ai. its bad sure but i dont like to play the GTA route just to se how far i can take it before im killed. Would like them to fix it for other ppl tho. The missing RPG elements tho is where i kinda lost intrest

I think its devs logging into different accounts, and making praising posts.
Eng is not my native. I hope I wrote it understandable :D

I think people are forgetting this isn't meant to be a sandbox style game like GTA. It's a role playing game with storytelling as the sole focus and they've done a damn good job there.

Yes, I think I am past 70 hours in game, doing only a few rare side missions and almost none in the main story. I will wait until next year. For now I will be walking and doing some open world missions. I think some are random, right? I hope so or hope they are. I established a routine for myself in the game. And the scenarios are stunning, very well worked. Of course there are things to be completed, I said - in my opinion, a lot has been delivered prematurely. But they will fix or mature this.

I think this is immersion or part of it, at least, of course, for me.

So either you are a dev's second acc or you have no right to write a positive review? Such a child position.

- i think some devs from another company come here just to talk bad about Cyber... or, maybe they are from...errr...jupiter? If the assumption is valid, who knows, we may start to think that Martian Dinosaurs invaded the Earth precisely to speak well of Cyber?

:p

So either you are a dev's second acc or you have no right to write a positive review? Such a child position.
You may want to fix your attitude.

We're not going to keep open threads where the OP is purposely causing trouble, there just is no time for that.

Thread locked. Leaving the post visible as it might have educational value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom