Night City University

+
I saw this video and I wondered if I had ever seen a single Night City University sign in the game. Haven't I explored the city enough or not in the game?

I was in an area that I felt was a university with out knowing there should be one. It had a glass dome surrounded by grassy park and bushes and walk ways. Lot of people on lap tops (STUDENTS?). But I do not remember seeing any sighs. But it felt like a school grounds to me.

Here is a clue from old game material:

"placed the campus on the western edge of beautiful Lake Park to balance the thriving corporate sector on the opposite side."

The red arrow is a park. But no lake.
1614809128829.png

Lake park 3d module I found on a fan web site:

1614804157857.png

Only "nice" lake I know of is in West Brook.
1614809343357.png

Last edited:
There is a school building somewhere in the badlands. (Which might belong to a dream or brain dance.)
Other than that I didn't see any school or university. I think it's just part of social criticism.

There is a school building somewhere in the badlands. (Which might belong to a dream or brain dance.)
Other than that I didn't see any school or university. I think it's just part of social criticism.

It could be the setting for the BD/memory you see of the fellow who owns Edgewood Farm as a child in school.

Any more info on where it is?

I believe he went to school in Laguna Bend.

Yes, but the developers had to build the "set" for that scene somewhere in the world, and Laguna Bend is destroyed and underwater. Since the scene happens in the past, when Laguna Bend was not destroyed and underwater, they'd need to create the intact, normal school building elsewhere in the world.

I was in an area that I felt was a university with out knowing there should be one. It had a glass dome surrounded by grassy park and bushes and walk ways. Lot of people on lap tops (STUDENTS?). But I do not remember seeing any sighs. But it felt like a school grounds to me.

Here is a clue from old game material:

"placed the campus on the western edge of beautiful Lake Park to balance the thriving corporate sector on the opposite side."

The red arrow is a park. But no lake.
View attachment 11188909

Yes :beer:
If you look at the Night City's map from the Cyberpunk RED sourcebook (which takes place in 2045), the Night City University perhaps is close to the Corpo Plaza and to the park. It's sad, but for some reason, the developers did not pay attention to it to be a sign of university. I hope it was just because of the haste around the game release and once they will fix the missing details.

night city_2045.jpg

Yes :beer:
If you look at the Night City's map from the Cyberpunk RED sourcebook (which takes place in 2045), the Night City University perhaps is close to the Corpo Plaza and to the park. It's sad, but for some reason, the developers did not pay attention to it to be a sign of university. I hope it was just because of the haste around the game release and once they will fix the missing details.

View attachment 11190211

HA!!! ok so that park (see my red arrow below) must be lake park, or was at one time. But now NO lake?
They did have some kind of artificial pond /fountain/ river kind of thing however. Not what I would call a lake but it was a body of water in the park. I forgot about that.

1615229655426.png

HA!!! ok so that park (see my red arrow below) must be lake park, or was at one time. But now NO lake?
They did have some kind of artificial pond /fountain/ river kind of thing however. Not what I would call a lake but it was a body of water in the park. I forgot about that.

View attachment 11191864

The park has a kind of lake, but yes, it's not too large.

parkandlake.jpg

OH! wow I missed that some how. OK then that would make this (see red cloud) the area that the university should have been in.

1615243282771.png

OH! wow I missed that some how. OK then that would make this (see red cloud) the area that the university should have been in.

View attachment 11192116

Yes, I think so too. I noticed after many hours of gaming that there aren’t many types of shop signs, but about a dozen signs repeat (except for the important ones). Probably a lack of time, which explains why the Night City University sign is also missed.

Top Bottom