• Character Creation

• Romances

• New Gang

• New District

• Braindance

• MAX-TAC

• V Eating a Hamburger

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which of these approaches is honest, pro-consumer and which is your typical AAA corporate one?
Neither, the industry is artistic and relative after all. If CDPR launches the game with no paywalls, they can have all the pre-order money and delay it until it is truly done. Frankly, delivering quality and not putting the major part of your game behind DLCs is way more pro-consumer than getting the product out as fast as possible.

Think Fallout 4, Call of Duty franchise, No Man's Sky.

Neither, the industry is artistic and relative after all.
I am talking only about pre-release marketing here.

do we though
-dorito pope stream begins at 16:45 (and could probably be a countdown for a countdown like every time)
-a polish youtuber will publish his previews at 17:30
-china thing at 18:00
Seems NCW is 30mins long. So seeing something meaty as full E3 2018 demo is unlikely :cry:

Good enough for me, as long as its gameplay from the final build of the game without someone commentating every 5 seconds
being 5 months away from release they will have plenty of time to show more

I am talking only about pre-release marketing here.
That one marketing that leaves us with mostly speculations or things only devs tell us during the Q&As or interviews? Cyberpunk 2077 enjoys its hype with very little marketing in my opinion, despite various collabs they've done to get us some merchandise and memorabilia.

If you want to compare Cyberpunk's pre-release marketing, think about Fallout 3, for instance - Todd Howard told us the game had over 200 different ending (and insisted that wasn't an exaggeration). Mass Effect: Andromeda. Call of Duty, again, which turns out to be blander and blander every year. DOOM Eternal was great, though, but the marketing team basically revealed half of the entire games with all the trailers alone. I think you'd like an extremely fresh and new experience of Cyberpunk 2077 as much as I would.

The game has switched its release dates a few times, sure. However, the reasons for that remain largely unknown, and given the coronavirus situation we ALL have been struck with, there were no big surprises regarding the first delay. The second delay is not a surprise either - things rarely seem what they truly are; at first, CDPR might have very little difficulties (or so they thought) with all-remote workflow, but game development (as much as any other development, I guess) can only get so smooth when you have so many people working remotely on a complex project that is supposed to work flawlessly on so many levels, simultaneously having a household with, presumably, other family members having to stay home as well, maintaining a healthy life (as much as possible/desired) and being pushed by a very expected deadline for a project with so much attention around it.

Again, if all this is CDPR's response to crunch, bug-infested releases, day/week 1 patches, etc... Let them go ahead. It is unfortunate for sure, but in the end of the day, it is all about the quality we can only hope for so often these days.

Close up of the stickers
EbRJnO2WkAAmoxx.jpg

Check out the link https://bbs.ruliweb.com/news/read/138263

Call of Duty, again, which turns out to be blander and blander every year.

And why is that, if game sites told them hey this is copy past of last one, nothing new and give them lower score, they would make less CoD's, but they would be better, but noooo game sites praise them every time like crazy.

All nice and good they want to push game merchandise, but really low number of people really care about that, i care about game way more, than some stupid jacket or mug or bag......... Yes, team who do all that is probably not related to game development, but still it is time and resource sink to make all the cosplay/photoshoot giveaways or comic and all this other merchandise.

That one marketing that leaves us with mostly speculations or things only devs tell us during the Q&As or interviews? Cyberpunk 2077 enjoys its hype with very little marketing in my opinion, despite various collabs they've done to get us some merchandise and memorabilia.

Well the marketing campaign is very long. Periodic interviews and articles to keep Cyberpunk on every-bodies mind. CGI trailers and Keanu Reaves which are just for pure hype building.

Why not show game info few months before launch and just release it?

To sell merch, to get particular pre-order numbers for investors and hit particular initial sales numbers. I don't blame it, its smart capitalism and necessary for game success and future growth, but it sucks to be on receiving end of it.

Well the marketing campaign is very long. Periodic interviews and articles to keep Cyberpunk on every-bodies mind. CGI trailers and Keanu Reaves which are just for pure hype building.

Why not show game info few months before launch and just release it?

To sell merch, to get particular pre-order numbers for investors and hit particular initial sales numbers. I don't blame it, its smart capitalism and necessary for game success and future growth, but it sucks to be on receiving end of it.
The hype building you're talking about happened last year. The marketing team is anything but aggressive with Cyberpunk 2077. Sure, we see how journalists are praising the game and everyone is telling us how NOT read we all are, but making game good and impressive is not a marketing strategy, I think.

Showing game info few month before release could have the outrage and disappointment of the same scale as the delays have proven to cause. If you, as something as big as CDPR, show people game info, gameplay or talk about the final product in a certain way, you basically tell people what to expect, no matter how many times and how loud you remind everyone that the game is not read yet and the things to see are subject to change. Indeed, the players have been told that the game is ready and playable, yet it does not mean that it is perfect, polished and reliable to play.

I have nothing to do with CDPR, and my words probably reflect very little truth about the actual state of the game, the company or anyone involved in any way, but I think that the paragraph above is just one of the reasons why Cyberpunk 2077 never enjoyed that much transparency. See how people react when this game is delayed? I get it, it happened twice, but what would the reaction be if people got their hands on something that was delayed only once, but STILL had bugs and glitches and issues that do the opposite of letting you enjoy the game?

Either way, here we are, counting mere hours before Night City Wire - the game info reveal we all want and wait for. After all, this doesn't have to be the last event/reveal before the final launch. Let's just all get along, choombas, and be cool with each other and CDPR - we're all going through a very weird and wicked year of the 21st century. Everyone has been affected in their own way.

The marketing team is anything but aggressive with Cyberpunk 2077.
I think I would be too after Witcher 3's campaign where even though materials were released at a steady interval, people still complained when the hype started fading out.

The "drought" will all be forgotten once the hype train starts rolling again just before release.

I hope they don't show another poor district.
I need to see a district with lots neon, holograms, technology. :cry:
32f0830356ab1c98b93ae698b30cd525.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

posted this in the other thread but here you go

edit: i actually bothered to read the tweet, it looks like one of two or many Wires, city looks nice as well
I'm missing more neon and holograms.. :cry:

Last edited:
Aha, so braindance.

To be fair, I’m not particularly interested in... let’s say curiosity features before I get a sense of the basics.

But anyway, info is info I suppose. And that’s something there’s not an abundance of.

Please, don't upload the game upscaled to 4K from 1080p + YouTube video compression. Last time, you gave haters an excuse to claim downgrade.

I hope we get some new music/score from Night City Wire. There's a song that plays during the beginning of the 2019 deep dive, which I think is called Neon Oversieve, that I'm dying to hear the full version of.

I hope we get some new music/score from Night City Wire. There's a song that plays during the beginning of the 2019 deep dive, which I think is called Neon Oversieve, that I'm dying to hear the full version of.

I f***ing love that song!

G2dW5IC.jpg

Top Bottom