Night City Wire, Episode 01!

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
The first episode of Night City Wire is now available!

Join Hollie Bennett on a 25-minute trip to Night City involving the reveal of a brand new trailer, a fresh look at gameplay, plenty of developer discussion about the game with Paweł Sasko (Lead Quest Designer) and Patrick Mills (Senior Quest Designer), and the first look at a never-before-seen feature: braindance!

Last but not least, direct from Tokyo, Saya Elder (Producer) together with the team from Studio Trigger unveil CYBERPUNK: EDGERUNNERS — an all new story set in the world of Cyberpunk 2077.

You don’t want to miss it!

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

I was extremely disappointed.
All i saw was a cluncky gameplay with on rails quick time events, insane LOD pop in, no gameplay mechanics besides few features that other games already and widely used, nothing revolutionary.
Extremely bad AI, unimmersive shooting, disconnected voice acting at times, a melee system that lacks impact, no words on actual gameplay possibilities, turfs clipping in the front of the cars and 3 backgrounds that it seems all end up witht he same mexican dude for whatever reason you want (that last part is the least of problems).
I think CDPR have maybe (still not confirmed) a talent in creating stories, but gameplay wise..this needs work because there's nothing extraordinary, actually it feels (from what you can see) kind of average.
Braindance is meh, I mean it's ok to have it fine, an interactifve subsitution of The division annoying holograms but that doesn't cut it for me.
The world looks great (still the pop in is atrocious) and very well crafted but that's not gameplay, it's eye candy. I can't see the same for every character tho, some are very detailed, others are not in par with the quality. Lipsync sometimes is an opinion, but that could have been a bug.
I honestly expected something a little bit more "original" and immersive in terms of pure gameplay, at least for the features shown so far. Definitely leveled flat my expectations by a long shot. Plus I hope the missions don't obviously splat in your face the 3 "solutions given by the archetypes stealth fight techie", trying to hide it a little bit making it less streamlined. It feels , so far, as a console game, an average one with a sprinkle of GTAv, some Deus Ex: mankind divided and a spray of sleeping dogs.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets delayed to 2021. It's not even near being "mindblowing" or revolutionary , or perfect, especially talking about gameplay and animations while outside of cinematic events.

Also I don't understand how the various reviewers totally "forgot" to talk about the actual issues that would make them raise doubts in any other game and are clearly visible to anyone besides overhyped and delusional gamers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very hopeful, but it raises a BIG ISSUE for me, the one I signed up to this forum for and will be posting a thread on later.

The jargon. Yes it is very immersive, and has a lot of style and character but I know I will be playing every major scene twice the second time to make the real decision after not understanding the first.
We need a form of jargon translator app, freely available at no humanity cost so it doesn't 'tax' the players that need it. This doesn't change the game in any meaningful way, doesn't break immersion and allows players who don't understand a word of what characters are saying are not crippled.

This is more important than it sounds, because its difficult to distinguish between mission info, background chatter or small talk.

I am very hopeful, but it raises a BIG ISSUE for me, the one I signed up to this forum for and will be posting a thread on later.

The jargon. Yes it is very immersive, and has a lot of style and character but I know I will be playing every major scene twice the second time to make the real decision after not understanding the first.
We need a form of jargon translator app, freely available at no humanity cost so it doesn't 'tax' the players that need it. This doesn't change the game in any meaningful way, doesn't break immersion and allows players who don't understand a word of what characters are saying are not crippled.

This is more important than it sounds, because its difficult to distinguish between mission info, background chatter or small talk.

Choombata needs to go to the Chop Shop to get the chrome done, maybe find a Fixer that can help then we can talk chummer.

said at end be few weeks so would guess 2-3 weeks

Must have missed it, would have guessed monthly. Then again, CDPR did say we would be inundated with info at launch, so...

[edit]: Although, EP1 was delayed by two weeks, so it could be that EP2 is two weeks from now and EP3 a month from EP2.

In my opinion, way too much camera time spent on the host and developers and not the game. These things should be all about the game's visuals, like the Avengers War Table event. No offense, but I really don't care what the host and developers look like...I'm paying for the game, not to be able to recognize them on the street.

The game looks amazing. 10/10

Two things that everyone has mentioned who played the game.
  1. the AI of the NPC. Number of NPC population in the streets and places need to increase.
  2. Combat system for melee boxing and weapon

Dev team, we are asking to improve those two departments make AI for the NPC smarter and response time quicker. Fix the snapping of the combat, you showed the boxing demo, we saw when V hit the twins there is a small snap. Fix this.

also for the katana sword fight, Dev team add more weight to the slashes this will make it better.

Gun play still sponge enemy, so what is the point of all those weapons in the first place ?

Last edited:
That looked fucking amazing :ok:

I get some might be disappointed because they didn't show other stuff people might have been interested in (skill tree/perks, melee, stealth etc.) but I really liked the braindance stuff. I loved the memory editing stuff from Remember Me and the investigations from Arkham Knight so this is right up my alley. It was perhaps a bit too.... tutorialized...? But good stuff overall.

Love the visuals and sounds and after seeing some impressions from the people that got to play it (Skill Up, Alanah Pearce and others) it sounds really good. I'm not exactly expecting the second coming of Christ but so far it looks really good to me.

Hungry for more!

The footage was rather brief and tried to show as little as possible, based on what I'm hearing from impressions of bloggers whom I tend to trust overall. But all of them were happy, only mentioned that the game requires more ironing. One basically said "in your place I'd be happy for any delay, because the game needs some more work done".

People are saying that the gameplay is loaded with player agency, but nobody really tested it extensively, so it's obviously not the whole picture.

I'm hearing that people aren't fans of braindance, because it's slow and clunky. I love detective stuff like that. My only issue is that it's a carbon copy of similar mechanics from Arkham games and Detroit Become Human. I wish it had something unique going for it. But maybe we didn't see where it expands, so maybe it's a bit premature impression.

Some people complained about melee. It looks kinda rough, to be honest, but this late in development I'll be happy if it simply does the job. I don't think I was ever happy with melee in FPS games. It always feels restrictive and disorienting.

This first episode was alright. I though we were going to see more gameplay but it turned out to be, well, a newswire. Who would’ve thunk it? :coolstory: (Not be, obviously :LOL:). Not a big fan of the format but it’ll do.

We saw so little sadly... and yet, there was so much to analyze. This, along with the few gameplay videos that have shown up in various outlets, have been overwhelming. In a good way, but overwhelming regardless. I feel like I was hit with a barrage of audiovisual info that I haven’t been able to properly process yet. I’m going to need a few days to watch, rewatch, and re-rewatch everything.

And, for the record, I loved every gameplay bit I saw but I need to see more. Sooo, yeah, keep them coming please.

[Edit] Oh yeah, I’m looking forward to the anime too! I haven’t seen much of Trigger’s works but I’m still interested in seeing what they’re cooking, no matter how long it takes them. And, since I’m a fan of Akira Yamaoka’s music, that gives me more reasons to check it out.

The Braindance impressed me.

As I'd previously suspected it's a recording of events, you apparently can't alter what actually happened.
BUT, the editor mode allows you to "see" events and collect information on things the person being recorded didn't notice, way cool.

##########

I'll no doubt be doing a LOT of saves and replays since fast paced action adventures aren't something I'm very good at. But I'm sure those that enjoy such games will love it. Good job CDPR.

Last edited:
The Braindance impressed me.

As I'd previously suspected it's a recording of events, you apparently can't alter what actually happened.
BUT, the editor mode allows you to "see" events and collect information on things the person being recorded didn't notice, way cool.

##########

I'll no doubt be doing a LOT of saves and replays since fast paced action adventures aren't something I'm very good at. But I'm sure those that enjoy such games will love it. Good job CDPR.

The braindance part is the only thing I found disappointing as it's already been done before in the Arkham games with the detective mode and Detroit become Human. I hoped they'd do something more unique with it. It's nothing new but I'll take it.

For those wanting more gameplay there's these

Last edited:
It was pretty ok, I thought braindance was interesting but like others said it has been done before to an extent. I noticed how different V can sound, really curious on that, not a huge fan of his voice and yet sometimes it sounds pretty good.

I am over the moon with how much Jackie we got <3 lol I really hope he's a romance option

I don't think I'll ever like Jackie, but since we are around him a lot it would be awesome for him to be a romance option. I wonder how we can even tell someone is a romance option in the first place? Hopefully they touch on that topic in one of the episodes.

Top Bottom