Night City Wire, Episode 01!

+
I watched the new gameplay 10 times. I noticed the following :
  1. the city's streets don't seem to have many cars driving around
  2. there's 0 coordination in the twin fight even though they are 'the same person' (where is the gameplay creativity and we're talking about CDPR ) ?
  3. The atmosphere doesn’t sound like it should. It sounds to quiet
  4. the way the car brakes and turns seems off with the rest of the game (car gameplay need re work) from the video It's a very arcade vibe to the handling. it feels like WatchDogs and Ghost Recons Wildlands
  5. There's literally a "joke" in every line spoken... I was hoping for Blade Runner style, not a GTA
  6. A.I. looks a tad unnatural and slow response time. AI take 2000 bullets to hit once at 2 meters so what is the point of all those weapon and customization. I was expecting a more natural look/movement of NPCs they seem like they’re going to be glitched out. Feels like I’m looking at a 2016 or 2017 game at best.
  7. The voice acting is questionable for male V
  8. The Katana sword need more weight to the hit

2. there's 0 coordination in the twin fight even though they are 'the same person' (where is the gameplay creativity and we're talking about CDPR ) ?
  4. the way the car brakes and turns seems off with the rest of the game (car gameplay need re work) from the video It's a very arcade vibe to the handling. it feels like WatchDogs and Ghost Recons Wildlands
  5. There's literally a "joke" in every line spoken... I was hoping for Blade Runner style, not a GTA
  6. A.I. looks a tad unnatural and slow response time. AI take 2000 bullets to hit once at 2 meters so what is the point of all those weapon and customization. I was expecting a more natural look/movement of NPCs they seem like they’re going to be glitched out. Feels like I’m looking at a 2016 or 2017 game at best.

2. The twin coordination can be explained. You can compare it to PC gaming. One hand on the keyboard doing its thing, the other on the mouse. Both controlled by the same person doing different things.

I'm really scared the game will be dealyed again, apparently it's still a huge mess and crashed several time during playthrough. Also, it ran on a monster PC, mid/low end gaming rigs and consoles owners (like most of the gamers) should be scared.
This is my #1 concern as well.

A.I. looks a tad unnatural and slow response time. AI take 2000 bullets to hit once at 2 meters so what is the point of all those weapon and customization. I was expecting a more natural look/movement of NPCs they seem like they’re going to be glitched out. Feels like I’m looking at a 2016 or 2017 game at best.
An inevitable result of the decision to use bullet sponge mechanics.

This is my #1 concern as well.

An inevitable result of the decision to use bullet sponge mechanics.
Based on all the videos I have seen, I have seen zero evidence of this so-called "bullet sponge mechanics", nor have any of those who played the game complained of such a mechanic. So I am very surprised why people in these forums keep bringing it up.

Based on all the videos I have seen, I have seen zero evidence of this so-called "bullet sponge mechanics", nor have any of those who played the game complained of such a mechanic. So I am very surprised why people in these forums keep bringing it up.
I guess my reply was deleted before you could read it.

I haven't posted the source before because it's a video in italian and I'm pretty sure nobody can understand it on this international forum. Being a video, google translate can't help. The bald guy has played the game in Milan (no lockdown anymore since early may, luckily) organized by Bandai Namco which is the publisher for the EU version of cyberpunk. The demo was played on a Geforce 2080, i9900k, 32Gb RAM, 1080p with DLSS 2.0, and a couple of RTX effects on. He talks about technical issues from 1:32:00 on, he says that like every game, preview demos are full of bugs and crashes, but due to CP77's complexity (open-world, deep RPG mechanics, yada yada yada) he has doubts devs will manage to fix all of that by November, but he's also sure that at some point the game will be very polished because of CDPR's promises. I'm sorry I can't provide any further help with translation.

Fingers crossed, but devs will crunch very hard from now on, I think.

what about the headlights not showing up until 5 meters away, making night traffic impossible to spot and breaks immersion

I guess my reply was deleted before you could read it.

I haven't posted the source before because it's a video in italian and I'm pretty sure nobody can understand it on this international forum. Being a video, google translate can't help. The bald guy has played the game in Milan (no lockdown anymore since early may, luckily) organized by Bandai Namco which is the publisher for the EU version of cyberpunk. The demo was played on a Geforce 2080, i9900k, 32Gb RAM, 1080p with DLSS 2.0, and a couple of RTX effects on. He talks about technical issues from 1:32:00 on, he says that like every game, preview demos are full of bugs and crashes, but due to CP77's complexity (open-world, deep RPG mechanics, yada yada yada) he has doubts devs will manage to fix all of that by November, but he's also sure that at some point the game will be very polished because of CDPR's promises. I'm sorry I can't provide any further help with translation.

Fingers crossed, but devs will crunch very hard from now on, I think.

With regard to the crashing and lackluster performance we don't know what the release date of the build was. I would imagine it would have some age on it as they had to test it to make sure it was ready for press. I'm not too worried about the optimizations with that in mind and the extra 2 months should help a ton.

So IRL it takes 5-20 bullets to drop an opponent?
In CP2077 it does ... bullet sponge.

the city's streets don't seem to have many cars driving around.

Many people in Night City are poor. Most can't afford a car because they are too busy buying the latest cyber enhancements, mods, modules, maintenance, cyber weapons etc.

....and you know all of these bullets are hitting their targets? This isn't CoD or Destiny.....its an RPG with shooting & Melee elements. How well you hit depends on how good your firearms stat is. As others have said too, you have failed to account for Cybernetics in your opponents. Either way, all the combat I have seen in the post-NCW videos have shown gun combat done with very quickly.....which kind of puts paid to the "bullet sponge" argument.
Post automatically merged:

With regard to the crashing and lackluster performance we don't know what the release date of the build was. I would imagine it would have some age on it as they had to test it to make sure it was ready for press. I'm not too worried about the optimizations with that in mind and the extra 2 months should help a ton.

I mean
what about the headlights not showing up until 5 meters away, making night traffic impossible to spot and breaks immersion

I mean, its almost like there are several more months worth of polishing, bug-fixing & balancing to do. I guess they could go the Bioware/Bethesda route & just release a buggy, incomplete garbage fire 😃.

Last edited:
I didn't see anything about the flathead cyberspace in all of the previews. I am really worried about them. LOL
By the way, the devs mentioned that player can use something like glass bottles as temporary weapons. I am not sure whether we can still do that in the game.

I didn't see anything about the flathead cyberspace in all of the previews. I am really worried about them. LOL
By the way, the devs mentioned that player can use something like glass bottles as temporary weapons. I am not sure whether we can still do that in the game.

In one review i saw they said the Tech was over lapping Netrunner so was cut .

I've heard a reviewer said, I quote:
"The guns feeling is alright, but doesn't feels satisfying in a way... Like, in a FPS shooting, grabing your shotgun and shooting someone in the face, and he's still standing and fighting... Feels a bit frustrating"

So yeah, I guess there are some RPG-spongy gamey gimmick involved.

I'll always mention hope I don't like the voice acting for male V, so I'll say that again, I don't like it, lol.

But yeah, I was wondering if anyone else noticed some of the soon-to-be glitched out looking characters. Like they'll be talking and sort of snap into the next pose, not fluid at all, did make me think of some older games. The katana also just didn't seem right... but never played a game with katana in first person so can't say much about it.

The jokes and overall dialogue I'm not a fan of at all... really hoping that as we play we see less of that .

It will be different for everyone, everyone will have a different experience or view.

At the end of the day, not everyone likes the same game mechanics, until that controller is in your hand and the game starts you do not know how you will feel.

To me, I am/have been keeping an eye on every single piece of information they give us, and just accepting it.

Remeber CDPR are a brilliant company, they have been at this game for years, November 19th see for yourself.

I'll always mention hope I don't like the voice acting for male V, so I'll say that again, I don't like it, lol.

But yeah, I was wondering if anyone else noticed some of the soon-to-be glitched out looking characters. Like they'll be talking and sort of snap into the next pose, not fluid at all, did make me think of some older games. The katana also just didn't seem right... but never played a game with katana in first person so can't say much about it.

The jokes and overall dialogue I'm not a fan of at all... really hoping that as we play we see less of that .

Again, the bulk of the stuff you're bothered by is the reason they're taking an extra two months to polish the game.
Post automatically merged:

I've heard a reviewer said, I quote:
"The guns feeling is alright, but doesn't feels satisfying in a way... Like, in a FPS shooting, grabing your shotgun and shooting someone in the face, and he's still standing and fighting... Feels a bit frustrating"

So yeah, I guess there are some RPG-spongy gamey gimmick involved.

That is not a fault of the game, but the fault of previewers who were expecting a COD or Destiny from a game clearly marketed as an RPG. You want to be good at guns? Invest in Firearms skills.

Again, the bulk of the stuff you're bothered by is the reason they're taking an extra two months to polish the game.
That's awesome then, wasn't really sure what they were working on. I'm not really bashing, game looks fun regardless and they did delay to work on other stuff so I'm excited to see, maybe some of the stuff will have an improvement even in the next episode? That be cool.

Top Bottom