Night City Wire Episode 2 Should be Focused on Character Creator

+
I am back after taking a semi-long break. I really was really impressed by Night City Wire and the Braindance demo. The graphics now look great, the gameplay is the best I've seen so far and the current UI is personally my favourite. Not just that but screenshots and concept art has been revealed giving us the most extensive look at the areas and aesthetics of NC. I remember when the first reveal came out, I hated the aesthetic and after accepting it as is I was sort of iffy on the color palette. Now I know why I didn't like it: It was the graphics. Now Cyberpunk 2077 has pushed all its features to an exceptional quality. I think though we need something different to the first episode of NCW. We need a look at CC. I really want to see all the features and presets of the CC in footage not from YouTubers as exciting as that was.

Who is with me on this?

i'm with you. with the number of NCW events they have scheduled, i'd be genuinely shocked if they didn't dig into the CC. i feel like the less taxing elements of the CC will be the most fun and also most easily implementable (but to be clear, it's still time consuming and fucking hard). and what i mean by that is: hairstyles, tattoos, pupils; surface cosmetics and not bone structure presets. CDPR gave us additional hairstyles for Geralt postlaunch for TW3, so i'm fairly positive something similar will happen for the community if we behave.

i have faith considering the designs of Dex, Tbug and the Voodoo Boys, but given most games with CCs in them i'm nervous about Black hairstyles. CCs always burn us with such limited options for locs, fros and fades and like, i'm hoping on hope :censored: i also really liked all the hijabi women in the 2018 demo, so i'm hoping (but not counting on) maybe having hijabs be an option in the CC so i can do that from the jump and not have it be something i need to purchase and equip

Concrete gameplay of any one mission like in the 2018 demo without any cuts. While the Braindance footage was good, all other footage was really poorly edited into these super short chunks. Please stop doing that. My wish would be to see the gameplay at higher level with a proper end game build (no dev hack) just to see how those skill matter or affect the gameplay.

Hell i am so desperate for proper uncut footage of gameplay that i'd watch latest version of the same missions from 2018 demo, but with a proper build and playthrough.

And tbh i really don't wanna see a whole episode dedicated to character customization, since i know it's exactly a type of feature that they can go on and on about for half an hour without showing anything of value. People have also talked about this feature pretty extensively in their previews.

i'm with you. with the number of NCW events they have scheduled, i'd be genuinely shocked if they didn't dig into the CC. i feel like the less taxing elements of the CC will be the most fun and also most easily implementable (but to be clear, it's still time consuming and fucking hard). and what i mean by that is: hairstyles, tattoos, pupils; surface cosmetics and not bone structure presets. CDPR gave us additional hairstyles for Geralt postlaunch for TW3, so i'm fairly positive something similar will happen for the community if we behave.

i have faith considering the designs of Dex, Tbug and the Voodoo Boys, but given most games with CCs in them i'm nervous about Black hairstyles. CCs always burn us with such limited options for locs, fros and fades and like, i'm hoping on hope :censored: i also really liked all the hijabi women in the 2018 demo, so i'm hoping (but not counting on) maybe having hijabs be an option in the CC so i can do that from the jump and not have it be something i need to purchase and equip
I’m also really hoping that there is some good black hair styles

There will be an aim assist option that will greatly help people like you lock target in the settings

Yes, I know there’s an aim assist.

But I’m talking about real, established gameplay elements. Not options meni help toggles.

And for the record, I have no problems playing FPS games other than that I find it incredibly boring.

Actually, I'm not so hot about the idea know that I know they are still actively working on it (I remember someone who played the game saying for example that there was a greyed unusable boobie sliders), as it may affect how they finish things in a rushed way.

Guest 4406876

I'd prefer general gameplay and activities (no spoilers) to see a general working introduction to the game active features that we haven't seen so far, just talked about it.

Here you have the most bonkers city ever digitally realised and ya'lI excited about the pube sliders. Different strokes I guess.^^
I don't think it makes any sense to preview the character creator though. It's literally the most immerdiately self-evident, self-explanatory feature in any given game. And how are they even supposed to preview the CC without spoiling the entire thing. It's a one-off feature, opposed to all the other gamplay systems that runs through the game, many of which would actually benefit from a preview look. I say netrunning or maybe crafting will be next.

You people just want a sneak peak of the greyed out boxes in the cc!... ;) Kidding!

I'd like to understand a few other mechanics, like the crafting, net/hacking, and store interactions. The first part of NCW and trailer were primarily combat related, with brain dance thrown in. Half of the perks are for combat (which we've seen the results of in the last two game-play trailers), the others seem to be a split between hacking or crafting/selling, so let's continue the theme and show the other half (hacking, looting/crafting/trade) for the players that don't want to do a terminator/run and gun build.

Top Bottom