Night City Wire: Episode 5 - What do we want/need to see?

+
So far the likeliness of topics for NCW5 would be:
+ Character Creation/progression/stats (already hinted from 2077 in style trailer)
+ Mini games, particularly the rumored Gwent-size mini game & possibly types of street races?
+ New Gameplay trailer (lengthier 15-30 minutes one??) that being teased by CDPR dev
+ Info about Free DLCs & paid Big Expansions for year 1-3.
+ Music in CP2077 part 2

NCW5 could its longest NCW episode yet or maybe one or some of the stuffs on the list might be given via social media.

My guess for the date would be 6 or 13 November as pretty much 1-2 weeks before launch for more exposure for the ads campaign.

CRAFTING! I mean come on, we have an entire attribute called Tech, and that and the corresponding crafting are the only things we haven't seen. (We have seen gun play and melee (reflex and body) hacking and stealth (intelect and cool) but nothing on how to craft or what craftable items look like). I mean come on, this is an rpg right? Yet nothing about building things or making my character's equipment better? Give me a break here cdpr!

What I would like to see in NCW 5:

a) Progression System (RPG mechanics)
b) Character customization
c) Expansion plans and DLCs (free/paid)
d) Console footage and PC requirements to other resolutions (4k, QHD) with ultra/high specs (60 fps).
e) Other activities/minigames to do in Night City or places to visit (that are not missions): karaoke, stores, theaters, restaurants, social events, night clubs, gambling, bowling, boxing, sparring, HEMA, Shoot range practice, chess, fishing, pool, darts, golf, racing with cars and motorcycles, table tennis, chicken race, horse race, dog race, baseball, lifting weights, playing arcade games, pray in the churches, visit Museum, buying real states, administrate real states, invest in companies, Mahjong, Koikoi, Shogi, Poker, drinking, blackjack, Kendo, cooking, and so on.

Higher level gameplay. So far, to my knowledge, we've only really seen gameplay of lower level characters. They've said you can improve yourself as you gain more experience, but they haven't really shown what that means. Sure, they've said "faster animations" for things like reload speed and the like, but what does it really extend to? If my Reflex is 10 can I do cool new moves with my katana? If my Body is 10 can I do uppercut finishes with my Gorilla Arms or a cool bash with my heavy gun?

What is a higher level character capable of? Or is it just the same old stuff, but Reload speed is 15% faster?

Feels like they've been holding back on the character creator for awhile now, so it does seem like high time to really dive into it and show us stuff they've held back on.

e) Other activities/minigames to do in Night City or places to visit (that are not missions): karaoke, stores, theaters, restaurants, social events, night clubs, gambling, bowling, boxing, sparring, HEMA, Shoot range practice, chess, fishing, pool, darts, golf, racing with cars and motorcycles, table tennis, chicken race, horse race, dog race, baseball, lifting weights, playing arcade games, pray in the churches, visit Museum, buying real states, administrate real states, invest in companies, Mahjong, Koikoi, Shogi, Poker, drinking, blackjack, Kendo, cooking, and so on.

Oh God, what have I done???

What we "need" to see, previously I would have said there is nothing we "need" to see. Now though there is something. A really good excuse for this delay. Not some "we want it to look its best and to be the best gaming experience for the players" that's not going to fly. We want the real reason.

So far the likeliness of topics for NCW5 would be:
+ Character Creation/progression/stats (already hinted from 2077 in style trailer)
+ Mini games, particularly the rumored Gwent-size mini game & possibly types of street races?
+ New Gameplay trailer (lengthier 15-30 minutes one??) that being teased by CDPR dev
+ Info about Free DLCs & paid Big Expansions for year 1-3.
+ Music in CP2077 part 2

NCW5 could its longest NCW episode yet or maybe one or some of the stuffs on the list might be given via social media.

My guess for the date would be 6 or 13 November as pretty much 1-2 weeks before launch for more exposure for the ads campaign.

Guess it doesn't have to be the longest episode after all. Separate this into two episodes and call it a day.

Guest 4406876

Well, it's supposed to be an RPG, meaning that character creation is also supposed to affect gameplay.
"Affects" doesn't means actual gameplay handling. As for RPG we'll see what it is. All of it still obvious to be present (to some extent). If you can affect gameplay with your appearance but then the game feels like crap when shooting AI (or the AI sucks and it's basic suicide or simply scripted and feels cheap) or idk in standard handling it's gonna be a problem (well at least for me).

After the third postponement of the game, what I'd like to see is some solid footage of the game running on every platform, including the base consoles.
I always trusted CDPR and I preordered the game for PS4 (and I don't have a Pro, I have the slim version) trusting them to deliver a playable game just like other companies did with other graphically intense games.
But after yesterday, all my trust is gone.
Right now the preorder is still on, but if I don't see the game running well on a PS4, I will cancel it, buy the cheapest digital key I find and play it on my gaming laptop.
And I'm very sad to say this, because it's one of the few games that I wanted to have in phisical version on my shelf with its steel case and all.

Top Bottom