Night City Wire: Episode 5 - What do we want/need to see?

+
I would like to see a more detailed look at character creation, particularly if V can have different colored eyes. Something else that would most likely not be discussed but would be nice to know is what kind of problems have CDPR solved since the game went gold (i.e. bugs, glitches, optimization, etc.). Just to know what they've been doing with their time.
Post automatically merged:

Dark side of Night City (This marketing crap is making it to cheesy/colorful)
It's colorful, but every color has a gray tint.
Post automatically merged:

If my Reflex is 10 can I do cool new moves with my katana? If my Body is 10 can I do uppercut finishes with my Gorilla Arms or a cool bash with my heavy gun?

What is a higher level character capable of? Or is it just the same old stuff, but Reload speed is 15% faster?
Max Reflex and max Katana skill would turn you into Raiden from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Last edited:
Not that, this is the last thing I want to see as it's obvious it's gonna be there and has no impact on gameplay.

It can affect the gameplay and its also something people want a detailed look at, even if it's just a separate video that gets uploaded.

I think CDPR should prolly delay the NCW5 for couple weeks until the flared tempers have calmed down somewhat.

They have now stepped over the line, which must be drawn somewhere. Now we know where its at.

I think CDPR should prolly delay the NCW5 for couple weeks until the flared tempers have calmed down somewhat.

On the other hand, they might want to try to calm people down themselves by giving them something quicker.

I mean, gamers are a fickle bunch. They are all the rage and insanity at one point, but they are also quick to turn their coats (the mainstream at least). You can herd a lot of them like cattle with little gifts.

I don’t really care, though. I haven’t watched the previous two episodes and I doubt the next one will have anything of interest to me either.

Last edited:
I mean, gamers are a fickle bunch. They are all the rage and insanity at one point, but they are also quick to turn their coats (the mainstream at least). You can herd a lot of them like cattle with little gifts.
i think the best thing they can do is release a demo ,but we all know that this is out of the question ,if they release atleast the character creation it will probably calm down so many people.

I'm one of those who would love to see how the game works on the PS4 and XB1 .

Chances of this happening is somewhere between -1 and 0.

Seriously: if the old-gen performance is the main reason for all the delays, you won't see it until the launch day. I sure wouldn't want to be an old-gen console player right now..

What would be point of NCW 5? again big smile and talk about totally trivial stuff acting like all is ok ????

Few short seconds of some random gameplay, even last NCW was crap, full of cars lol, yeah in game that is by CDPR words is first and foremost RPG, what you really want to see if transports options, no talk about skills no talk about stats how they affect you character, combat, world around you or events, or more deeper look at weapons different types what they offer what are their pros and cons, all episodes was short and with bare minimum info, only good thing that came out of NCW is system requirements for PC.

More and more this game look like CDPR version of GTA.

Chances of this happening is somewhere between -1 and 0.

Seriously: if the old-gen performance is the main reason for all the delays, you won't see it until the launch day. I sure wouldn't want to be an old-gen console player right now..

I remember they once mentioned that the current generation of consoles still have enough power, and that we would be surprised what they can do with them. Sad that they realized the shortcomings only now.

This one is a tough for me to think of, really tough one.

On one hand, we've seen quite some material so far, I'd say just enough to keep us hungry and waiting for the game, but not quite enough to spoil the whole experience (or at least one major aspect of it) for us.

On the other hand, right now feels like a great opportunity for another big treat. I don't expect Night City Wire to come together a few days before it drops, I realize that both gameplay and interview bits are recorded beforehand, as well the topic is decided in advance, but man do I hope for another 48 minutes worth of gameplay. Even if was the same bit we saw back in 2018, but with RTX on this time, that would be a nice comparison to witness.

But hey, whatever they show, it will definitely be never-before-seen, and that makes me happy. Game's probably too big and Night City Wire episodes haven't shown too much to talk about spoilers yet.

On one hand, we've seen quite some material so far, I'd say just enough to keep us hungry and waiting for the game, but not quite enough to spoil the whole experience (or at least one major aspect of it) for us.

Actually I don't get their logic about spoiling thing: To me at least, showing gameplay doesn't spoil a game, but showing story bits and background does so, but even then we gets a lots informations about story and background and doesn't have enough information about gameplay to say something about it without having people constantly saying:"We don't know what the game gameplay is, so you cannot criticize it yet!"

Max Reflex and max Katana skill would turn you into Raiden from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Just my style.

Probably (I presume, if there's no more delays) they will show the next NCW in november 15th, then make another episode for december 3rd (Advertise budget will get some extra according to Investor's conference).

So they might show some RPG mechanics, but just in the last episode.

I don't really know how marketing works but, making a polite guess, I assume that they will try to lift up the game and show the goodies really close to the launch date, so people get excited and buy the game, despite the bitter after taste that this unexpected delay left.

So 5th episode (15th november - date I presumed) would probably go like these:
A) Corporations of Night City
B) Government agents
C) Music/ Radio Stations
D) Voice acting
E) TV Ads

And the 6th episode (3rd december - presumed by me) would probably show these:
A) Character Progression system
B) Perks/ Abilities
C) Quick resume of previous NCW.
D) New gameplay of the final version of the game (2018 mission) - showing all NCW elements together.

So I would really like to see more about the gearing and implant systhem. I am really interested in some clothing options.
Because it would affect my character creation quite a lot if i know, that I can change my look and gender and everything through implants and clothing.

They have now stepped over the line, which must be drawn somewhere. Now we know where its at.
They should shelve NCW completely. No more Night City Wires or anything of the sort. I realize that the folks doing that are a different team than the ones currently crunching to get the game out, but the optics are horrible. They should just keep their heads down, chop away at what's left to fix/optimize/debug/whatever, and then maybe do something one or two days before the 10th that blows our minds (in a good way).

Top Bottom