Night City Wire: Episode 5 - What do we want/need to see?

+
I just need to know if dualsense will be supported on ps5 and if there is compatibility between ps5 save files (pre and post 2021/2 next gen patch).
Every other info is totally useless, in particular any detail about the real release date.

Honestly, these Night City Wires haven't done much for me. Sure they're nice to see, but I don't feel they pull back the certain so to speak. Like I'd honestly just prefer something like the deep dive video from 2019; even if they glossed over a bunch of details, I still got so much about exactly what kind of game we're getting.

As for what I want, I think they should do one about side quests. They had said that the story can be complete without doing main quests, so I would like some elaboration on that.

I think it'd be good to have some employees talk about their experience.

If the crunch isn't that bad - maybe some QA, engineers, and programmers can clear the air? I keep hearing that "what 'crunch' means in Poland is different than what it means in X country" - so having that fleshed out would be good.

It'd put my mind at ease - I just want the good folks at CDPR to be treated well, no matter the state of the game.

Do you really think you would get an honest answer to that question through what is essentially a piece of marketing material for the game?
Fair enough! Looks like it's going to focus on Johnny Silverhand and the Music of CP2077!

Personally I want to see some obvious product placements, a Pepsi and or Coke collaboration and most importantly I need to know how Will Smith feels about this game.

Fair enough! Looks like it's going to focus on Johnny Silverhand and the Music of CP2077!

It will focus on Silverhand, A.K.A. Keanu Reeves indeed.

I mean, I don’t NEED Keanu doing a tasteful 20 minute pole dance where the audience can slip him 2-dollar bills to make up for the latest delay, but it MIGHT help?

A rather cynical move though. I’m not the one clamouring for a deep-dive into the game’s mechanics just a month out until release, but wheeling out the star power to keep us distracted? Bit on the nose. Pimp move CDPR.

I mean, if you end up delaying a fourth time into 2021, I wouldn’t NEED Keanu to go full frontal...

Last edited:
I would like to see at least a screenshot of current-gen consoles personally i mean obviously its not going to be as good as alot of most recent stuff showed they are 7-8 yo consoles after all but would like to at least get feel for what we will get there

It will focus on Silverhand, A.K.A. Keanu Reeves indeed.

I mean, I don’t NEED Keanu doing a tasteful 20 minute pole dance where the audience can slip him 2-dollar bills to make up for the latest delay, but it MIGHT help?

A rather cynical move though. I’m not the one clamouring for a deep-dive into the game’s mechanics just a month out until release, but wheeling out the star power to keep us distracted? Bit on the nose. Pimp move CDPR.

I mean, if you end up delaying a fourth time into 2021, I wouldn’t NEED Keanu to go full frontal...

What's up with this take that people and even game news sites seem to be taking? It's not about "keanu reeves" it's about Johnny Silverhand.

What's up with this take that people and even game news sites seem to be taking? It's not about "keanu reeves" it's about Johnny Silverhand.

Well, I did it for comedic effect in my post (I have a bad sense of humour).

However, I will also point out that it was CDPR itself that intrinsically linked the fictional character of Silverhand to Reeves.

You don’t make a slowly creeping trailer, have an entire stadium gawk and howl at the digital face of one of the world’s best known actors, to have him then walk out on stage and create memes that we’ve been sharing for over a year now. I think there are people out there who’ve become aware of CP77, entirely because of that performance.

You don’t go “it’ll be about Silverhand (that fictional character in that Tabletop game a few tens of thousands of you might’ve heard of)” as CDPR, without also conjuring up the image of Reeves - which millions of people definitely heard of.

That’s on CDPR for heavily basing its marketing on celebrity recognition.

Last edited:
Well, I did it for comedic effect in my post (I have a bad sense of humour).

However, I will also point out that it was CDPR itself that intrinsically linked the fictional character of Silverhand to Reeves.

You don’t make a slowly creeping trailer, have an entire stadium gawk and howl at the digital face of one of the world’s best known actors, to have him then walk out on stage and create memes that we’ve been sharing for over a year now.

You don’t go “it’ll be about Silverhand” as CDPR, without also conjuring up the image of Reeves.

That’s on CDPR.

I mean I just disagree.

I stopped watching NCW episodes, because they're too cookie-cutter, overproduced and sterile. They're probably made to attract wider audience. But I'm already in, so the only thing they do is frustrate, because there's nothing in-depth or interesting about them, that we didn't know for at least a year or even more. None of them had a substantial slice of finalized gameplay. And considering that we got an early look at the game (50 minutes demo no less) 2 years ago, it's especially annoying. It breeds all kinds of negative speculations about the state of the game and that devs deliberately hiding it because it's in sorry state and they can't show anything honestly without getting into a bunch of crippling bugs.

I’m a bit less cynical. They ARE advertising to a wider audience, but that wider audience is probably less interested in deep-dive mechanical gameplay and more into slick fight scenes, explosions and Reeves.

CDPR cashed in on our love (us forum goers and long-time fans since Witcher 1/2) to go mainstream, and unfortunately they cleared their accounts.

The minute to minute gameplay in CP77 will be passable, just like the Witcher’s was.
However, it won’t be everything you imagine it to be cracked up to be after waiting half a decade. It won’t be a product that’s iterative upon the studios previous work. It won’t be the decade’s most innovative RPG. Just a well polished one.

And why disappoint you now, so you can cause a stir in a quiet moment, while they could be disappointing you in December, where your observation that the game isn’t as deep as you had hoped and is now irrevocably ruined of its potential, will be drowned out by all the launch date accolades, praising CP77 for being slightly better than Witcher3 ?

Last edited:
I would prefer them skip the whole thing since this is going to get ugly

Yeah i get you. I watched the other Night City stream to have a better insight on the game all i got instead is bad merchantise propaganda i will absolutely skip this one as i have Baldur's gate 3 early access to keep me busy.

Top Bottom