Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the forum modeurs get the game a few days before launch?

Nope, we play the game together with everyone else.

That means that we don't get to really play the game for quite some time, as we're busy moderating the forums in the post release chaos :|

Personal Grooming, Wardrobe & Style, Interrogation, Intimidate, Oratory, Resist Torture/Drugs, Streetwise, Human Perception, Interview, Leadership, Seduction, Social, Persuation Fast Talk, Perform, Accounting, Anthropology, Awareness/Notice, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Composition, Diagnose Illness, Education & General Knowledge, Expert, Gamble, Geology, Hide/Evade, History, Know Langage, Library search, Mathematics, Physics, Programming, Shadow/Track, Stock Market, System Knowledge, Teaching, Wilderness Survival, Zoology, Athlethics, Dance, Driving, Motorcycle, Operate Heavy Machinery, Piloting, Stealth, and so on (I'm bored writing all of them).
Most of it make appearance only because you can't do that in PnP without putting it in special mechanics. In video games you can just do most of listed things, without critical failure while putting on your pants or something.

all the game skills (as we already saw the game skills list) is combat focused.
Proof! Gimme proof of list of ALL skills and perks from cyberpunk 2077. Otherwise, your post cost nothing.

For "One man army V", just look any published video of C2077 with V combats of V against lots of ennemies.
I don't think that some video about combat and old outdated footage can proof something about final game.

Do that makes it mandatory to be able to shoot your way though alone?
Doesn't you implying that you can't do quests without shooting?

Hi folks,

can anyone tell me the song/beat name of Night City Wire Episode 4 playing at minute mark 22:10 onwards (the cosplay montage)?

I can't get that out of my head, I need this in my life xD

MIX IT UP

/Edit
Seriously though, how on point was that Mix it up chick? I am absolutely not into the whole cosplay thing and the "Kitsch" style was what probably interested me the least about the cyberpunk genre as a whole. But that "character" instantly made me a fan. I think the "Mix it up" on the back really tied that whole concept together for me xD

Last edited:
Most of it make appearance only because you can't do that in PnP without putting it in special mechanics. In video games you can just do most of listed things, without critical failure while putting on your pants or something.

"And what I refered to was not even about having all of them in the game (as someone said before, it's a videogame, and many of them are really specific) "

Proof! Gimme proof of list of ALL skills and perks from cyberpunk 2077. Otherwise, your post cost nothing.

First, thanks to have removed "almost", it's very kind of you and doesn't change the meaning of my sentence at all...
Skill List:

About perks, where did I said that?:coolstory:

I don't think that some video about combat and old outdated footage can proof something about final game.

So your point about the game is that it shouldn't be commented until release?
Why are you here?

Doesn't you implying that you can't do quests without shooting?

"Do that makes it mandatory to be able to shoot your way though alone? "
Either I'm very bad at expressing myself in english or you don't read right (or both).

What I said is C2077 being a videogame (what I was responding to) doesn't mean mandatory one man army V (V able to kill everyone alone = one man army V).

PS: Have started responding in MP, so if you want to continue this, MP me, so the topic stay cleaner.

Last edited:
What it mean is that almost none of non-combat skills survived

"And what I refered to was not even about having all of them in the game (as someone said before, it's a videogame, and many of them are really specific) "

Why you even mention about lack of this skills in the game if they are so specific? Just for informative purpose?

About perks, where did I said that?
I was about whole progression system.

Progress in CP2077 seems to be perk based within skills trees. Are you about skills only, without mention about perks? When why even complain about lack of skills, if each of skills has dedicated tree, with tons of perks, which can contain many of that rpg things you mentioned.

So your point about the game is that it shouldn't be commented until release?
Is shouldn't be complained after seeng 5% of content it has. I wrote this many times on this forum. And also i think that sounds like another "REAL RPG" thread and we must stop.

As I wrote, I'm only continuing that discussion per MP, just wanted to add that my words should not be twisted: When I write "many of them are really specific", I mean "many of them are really specific ", not "they are so specific".

My bets are all for the umpteenth highly edited video. No hype for that. Just need the game at this point and info about ps4->ps5 save files.

Not hyped either. To be honest, gameplay videos for CP2077 so far were edited so poorly that I started wondering what happened to people that were putting Witcher 3 gameplay trailers & videos together. Those were done 5 years ago but even today they look better in terms of video editing craftsmanship than CP2077 ones.

Not hyped either. To be honest, gameplay videos for CP2077 so far were edited so poorly that I started wondering what happened to people that were putting Witcher 3 gameplay trailers & videos together. Those were done 5 years ago but even today they look better in terms of video editing craftsmanship than CP2077 ones.

I got almost a feeling that the videos were so fast-paced as to hide information instead of showing it...

I got almost a feeling that the videos were so fast-paced as to hide information instead of showing it...

First and foremost, synchronising cuts and frames in a video with the beat of the soundtrack is such a cheap technique that I don't think even 1st year students of visual arts use in their etudes.

Also you're right, all the videos hid more than they showed...

So action by your logic "fast paced action" is appealing as a rule for everyone.

Good luck selling your game with a TV ads made of braindance sequences, walking around and dialog options.

It's probably not representative of the whole game, but a shot clip with intense action will catch people attention, they need to sell a game, with a million worth budget, you bet they'll try to get the widest audience they can get.

It's just advertising (just like they tends to put the best scenes in movie trailer)

It's just advertising (just like they tends to put the best scenes in movie trailer)

It...is....and it also tells you what they are trying to do with the advertising by the choices they make.

Disco Elysium had one sort of trailer - 2077 has another.

Now, the 2077 media has, for me, been all over the map. Some, like the 48 minute 2018 demo, were just....so excellent. Others, like the 2019 Deep Dive and quite a few of the NCW ones, have been -very- choppy. As Gregski says, cut to the beat, which is...not fantastic? Jittery, flashy.

They tend to show pretty shallow stuff, right? Gun Go Bang, Car (Bike) Go Fast. Jackie Dance Now!

They haven't shown a lot of depth or Cyberpunk-style flavour for me. Relatively little of it says, dramatically, THIS is a CYBERPUNK Role-playing Game!

I suspect some of it is because they -can't- show too much, as it's all layered together. And some is, yeah, Go Fast Go Bang Sells.

I sure do miss that 2018 demo, though. I'd've traded pretty much everything we've seen since for one solid 30 minute mission. Spoilers and all. And, yes, preferably late at night, in the rain, with a bad ending. Cyberpunk.

It...is....and it also tells you what they are trying to do with the advertising by the choices they make.

Disco Elysium had one sort of trailer - 2077 has another.

Now, the 2077 media has, for me, been all over the map. Some, like the 48 minute 2018 demo, were just....so excellent. Others, like the 2019 Deep Dive and quite a few of the NCW ones, have been -very- choppy. As Gregski says, cut to the beat, which is...not fantastic? Jittery, flashy.

They tend to show pretty shallow stuff, right? Gun Go Bang, Car (Bike) Go Fast. Jackie Dance Now!

They haven't shown a lot of depth or Cyberpunk-style flavour for me. Relatively little of it says, dramatically, THIS is a CYBERPUNK Role-playing Game!

I suspect some of it is because they -can't- show too much, as it's all layered together. And some is, yeah, Go Fast Go Bang Sells.

I sure do miss that 2018 demo, though. I'd've traded pretty much everything we've seen since for one solid 30 minute mission. Spoilers and all. And, yes, preferably late at night, in the rain, with a bad ending. Cyberpunk.

I thought the deep dive and 2018 did a good job at showcasing how its a roleplaying games/elements. Dialogue, stats , choices etc. I thought they also showed teasers for it in the NCW's.

Well, I do agree it at least could be "better". (while personally thinking how they have showed it so far has been great, but thats from a perspective of "I believe it will be an in depth rpg and dont need advertising to tell me" I guess)

I thought the deep dive and 2018 did a good job at showcasing how its a roleplaying games/elements. Dialogue, stats , choices etc. I thought they also showed teasers for it in the NCW's.

You can't say that, that's still one of the things that worries me as we still don't knows the full extend of even stats.
For example in Cyberpunk 2020 universe I like to play intimidating characters yet I still don't know for sure if for that I will have to:
-Put points into Cool. (Cyberpunk 2020 way)
-Put points into Body. (Because big guy is intimidating)
-Put points into Reflexes. (If the only way to intimidate people in C2077 is by fast drawing a gun under their chin fast enough)

Why?
Because we don't know what stat does as it was almost not advertised at all outside of combats (and actually, most that I know about stats comes from youtubers, and it's only combat informations...).

You can't say that, that's still one of the things that worries me as we still don't knows the full extend of even stats.
For example in Cyberpunk 2020 universe I like to play intimidating characters yet I still don't know for sure if for that I will have to:
-Put points into Cool. (Cyberpunk 2020 way)
-Put points into Body. (Because big guy is intimidating)
-Put points into Reflexes. (If the only way to intimidate people in C2077 is by fast drawing a gun under their chin fast enough)

Why?
Because we don't know what stat does as it was almost not advertised at all outside of combats (and actually, most that I know about stats comes from youtubers, and it's only combat informations...).

We dont know the full extent of anything though.

Let's say it the other way: official communication have given almost no informations about what stats does.

Thats true, I suppose. I havnt seen any advertising for "rpg" games in a while, is it normal for them to go into detail about what actions each stat will effect?

I ask because it sounds more like what you would leran in the tutorial..

Personally I loved those, they were both fun and informative:

Yeah I remember those, but fallout is the only one I remember doing something like that. I get why youd want to know how stats effect gameplay before hand (do they play a big role?) but it just seems more like something you would find out during the tutorial/creation screen of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom