Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Game Informer preview I linked above mentions that during dialogue you can still see the options you can't pick because of your stats not being developed enough.

If that's true it's quite a bummer. I hoped dialogue options unavailable to you would be hidden.

Absolutely. They should be hidden. Or at least you should be able to select whether they are hidden or not in the settings.

That sort of thing is the exploration element that surprises you on multiple playthroughs.

When it comes to pacing, I believe the issue may be more story structure related than level related.
yes,
However you don't know that yet because in RDR no npc will tell you "Come meet me at once in the mountain or we'll all die".
yes,
So what CP could do is just make missions with urgency big and long, ''railroad" them like RDR ,keep them the same level all the way through and dismiss quest givers when completed.
and yes.
The Game Informer preview I linked above mentions that during dialogue you can still see the options you can't pick because of your stats not being developed enough.

If that's true it's quite a bummer. I hoped dialogue options unavailable to you would be hidden.
Freaking annoying...

Now comes the stupid part:

I'm not a dev
BUT
it doesn't seem like something hard to code, considering they already have lines to change colors if you have the stats or not.

Elaborate Game Informer preview - it's long but quite informative.

They make an interesting observation about gunplay - at first they thought it's not the most polished element, not on par with classic FPS shooters, but at the end of the demo they felt like the handling of weapons got better because they managed to level up certain combat skills and get experience from using this particular gun. It sounds like there's an RPG system under the hood that calculates this stuff.

In other preview I heard the same thing - you reload your gun faster as you level it up. It it actually works like that - this all sounds very promising.
Yes, I remember Alanah Pierce in her Q&A confirming that system like that is in the game. At first when she was using a shotgun, that her character had not much experience with, she felt like an amateur while using this weapon, because the aiming was more sluggish and reloading took longer, but as she levelled up her skills with the shotguns, she felt that it became easier to use. I think something similar we can witness in the gameplay showing V participating in a fist fight. When it begins, V rises his open hands, like an complete amateur, possibly to indicate that he has no experience with brawling, but (presumably) as he improves his melee skills, it will be represented in his initial combat stance becoming more professional as well.

Yes, I remember Alanah Pierce in her Q&A confirming that system like that is in the game. At first when she was using a shotgun, that her character had not much experience with, she felt like an amateur while using this weapon, because the aiming was more sluggish and reloading took longer, but as she levelled up her skills with the shotguns, she felt that it became easier to use. I think something similar we can witness in the gameplay showing V participating in a fist fight. When it begins, V rises his open hands, like an complete amateur, possibly to indicate that he has no experience with brawling, but (presumably) as he improves his melee skills, it will be represented in his initial combat stance becoming more professional as well.

I sure would love confirmation from a dev on the melee improving with time part

So.. it seems trains/monorails can only used as fast travel points
you can no longer walk around in a train like 2018 trailer
i feel like the next few days are gonna be rough in terms of knowing what features are no longer in-game

I am quite dissapointed by the following things:

\-Oncoming traffic is barely present, night time should be no excuse for any big city to lack traffic.

\-NPC's spawn right in front of you and are too few of them, when they said they had the most expensive npc activity to date they overhyped it.

\-Oncoming traffic their headlights don't appear until 5m in front of you, making them hard to see and is immersion breaking.

\-Can't help but feel the driving mechanics are too light and is more like GTA 5 than GTA 4. A much more heavy feel to the cars would help not just for the weight of the car, but also because those streets look incredibly narrow and detailed to just race through them like a go kart. Seems like they want to appeal to casuals with the driving which lacks any intriguing physics.

\-Light sources pop in way too late. Sure there are a lot of them at once, but the draw distance on some of them are absurd. For example as you drive into the parking lot of Club Afterlife, the lights and smoke pop right in in front of you as you park. This should not happen.

\-Distance traffic seems to teleport in and out of the frame at random. It reminded me of how Saints Row 1 on the Xbox 360 ran from 12 years ago.

\-Some textures or models are off f.e. when you just meet Jackie and he aims his gun right at you, the gun's front texture is out of a game from 2 gens back. There are more instances like this.

\-Shadows on characters flicker too much and artefact a lot.

\-Flickering textures

\-When character animations transition from one action to another, f.e. when Jackie walks to when Jackie sits, always show this flickering transition that is immersion breaking.

\-Some strange low poly count objects that stand out, such as the tubes where the fist fighting scene against the clones take place.

\-The good old grass lods (or small objects) look terrible and pop-in 5meters in-front of you, creating this busy and noisy ever changing image

So.. it seems trains/monorails can only used as fast travel points
you can no longer walk around in a train like 2018 trailer
i feel like the next few days are gonna be rough in terms of knowing what features are no longer in-game
We didn't saw anything about trains instead of 2018 world trailer. And all was shown can be in fast travel cutscene. What the point of dissapointment in something been cut if we didn't saw that at all. :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

I am quite dissapointed by the following things:

\-Oncoming traffic is barely present, night time should be no excuse for any big city to lack traffic.

\-NPC's spawn right in front of you and are too few of them, when they said they had the most expensive npc activity to date they overhyped it.

\-Oncoming traffic their headlights don't appear until 5m in front of you, making them hard to see and is immersion breaking.

\-Can't help but feel the driving mechanics are too light and is more like GTA 5 than GTA 4. A much more heavy feel to the cars would help not just for the weight of the car, but also because those streets look incredibly narrow and detailed to just race through them like a go kart. Seems like they want to appeal to casuals with the driving which lacks any intriguing physics.

\-Light sources pop in way too late. Sure there are a lot of them at once, but the draw distance on some of them are absurd. For example as you drive into the parking lot of Club Afterlife, the lights and smoke pop right in in front of you as you park. This should not happen.

\-Distance traffic seems to teleport in and out of the frame at random. It reminded me of how Saints Row 1 on the Xbox 360 ran from 12 years ago.

\-Some textures or models are off f.e. when you just meet Jackie and he aims his gun right at you, the gun's front texture is out of a game from 2 gens back. There are more instances like this.

\-Shadows on characters flicker too much and artefact a lot.

\-Flickering textures

\-When character animations transition from one action to another, f.e. when Jackie walks to when Jackie sits, always show this flickering transition that is immersion breaking.

\-Some strange low poly count objects that stand out, such as the tubes where the fist fighting scene against the clones take place.

\-The good old grass lods (or small objects) look terrible and pop-in 5meters in-front of you, creating this busy and noisy ever changing image

Thats the grand reason of delay.

Last edited:
This thread is dedicated to discussing the Night City Wire event.

Links to news, previews and interviews after the event will be listed below. Feel free to post links to the previews you find, I will update the OP so we can have a nice full list to go through :)

Uncut 15 minutes of new gameplay:

Eurogamer preview

PC gamer preview

Gamespot preview

TheGameAwards preview by Geoff Keighley

IGN Preview

GamesRadar preview

Stevivor preview

GameReactor preview

PressStart preview

The Verge preview

Kotaku Preview + Kotaku article about character customisation

VG247 preview
Very disturbed and unhappy about how you only read about the pc version and how it looks, how it runs. As a ps4 pro owner, this is getting me worried that the ps4/ps5 versions will be a trainwreck of bugs and downgraded graphics. Where are the console edition videos? Gameplay? Articles? I am cancelling my preorder till I see that it is just as good. No offense meant, but not looking good for consoles.

We didn't saw anything about trains instead of 2018 world trailer. And all was shown can be in fast travel cutscene. What the point of dissapointment in something been cut if we didn't saw that at all. :shrug:
Post automatically merged:
according to the interview, thats whats been originally planned
besides, CDPR loves to talk big about immersion, not to have this in the game is kind of a let down

besides, CDPR loves to talk big about immersion, not to have this in the game is kind of a let down
Actually we don't know much about cutting something and declare about something missing is lame until game's launch. Loading nowaday often include some gameplay and we don't know much about exact places in story of this game.

Not really. That was update to an old piece of news about the option of using the Metro for a price, however that bit of info soon after has been debunked back in the day, since it was based on an edited Facebook post by some reddit user, but developers themselves never said anything about an option like that, until now, that is. It seems like Gamestar never clarified that old piece of information was fake.

Guest 4211861

I forgot to address the BD portion. It's fine, but it needs to have clear objectives ("what am I doing and why?").

Also, I want to demand an official CDPR character build tool, so I don't have to restart the game just because I put points in the wrong attribute.

Also, I want to demand an official CDPR character build tool, so I don't have to restart the game just because I put points in the wrong attribute.
Pretty sure they've said in prior interviews that we can respec. EDIT: yep. - www.gameinformer.com/e3-2019/2019/06/12/what-makes-cyberpunk-2077-an-rpg - "The system is built in the way that you can pick and choose. You don't have to specialize in one skill; you can be a hacker and you can also use the katana, or you can use heavy guns but also be a techie." You can respec your character, but be forewarned that you weapon prowess won't be high, as you must level up your new weapon of choice.

Pretty sure they've said in prior interviews that we can respec. EDIT: yep. - www.gameinformer.com/e3-2019/2019/06/12/what-makes-cyberpunk-2077-an-rpg - "The system is built in the way that you can pick and choose. You don't have to specialize in one skill; you can be a hacker and you can also use the katana, or you can use heavy guns but also be a techie." You can respec your character, but be forewarned that you weapon prowess won't be high, as you must level up your new weapon of choice.

But I suppose respect won't permit you to rollback previous missed opportunity because of stat tooltips problems, as it would be too hard to make such changes (it would be like save editing which can bug things).

So the best would be to make things crystal clear so people really know what they are getting into, kinda like in old P&P RPG books when they take the place to explain what things do.

But I suppose respect won't permit you to rollback previous missed opportunity because of stat tooltips problems, as it would be too hard to make such changes (it would be like save editing which can bug things).

So the best would be to make things crystal clear so people really know what they are getting into, kinda like in old P&P RPG books when they take the place to explain what things do.
I mean, not know where things are going is part of the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom