Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info but The Witcher: Monster Slayer soft launch phase in New Zealand but thats right next door why not Oz as well :giveup:

Map expansion maybe towards the badlands like Witcher 3 did with Eastern Velen/Redania in Hearts of Stone. Adding more settlements.

I don't expect another district or anything of that nature within Night City in itself.

I wonder what the expansions are going to be... Maybe some of the features that they deleted will in the expansions or DLC?

I also heard that are in the pre-production stage of their next Witcher game. So, that must mean that they decided the plot and setting of their next game already.

- couple more episodes of Night City Wire is planned across two and the half of months before the game release, the next one is coming out this month
Don't they have livestream scheduled on September 26th at TGS, its probably that, or maybe that's just the japanese version of it, which means it could be coming out earlier

Don't they have livestream scheduled on September 26th at TGS, its probably that, or maybe that's just the japanese version of it, which means it could be coming out earlier

CDPR Japan clarified that NCW at TGS isn't "Episode 3", but more like special program for those who aren't familiar with cyberpunk series or Cyberpunk 2077 (mainly targeted at Japanese gamers). They also said this livestream won't present any new footage nor information, only with Japanese VO based on the stuff already revealed.

So, a couple more episodes Shavod mentioned mean another NCW (like global version), I presume.

As pinoko said, it seems to be a Japanese version of the already released footage. I imagine that we will see the third episode earlier then that. First episode initially was to come out at June 11, while the second at 10 of August, so I think it's likely we will see another episode a week or so from now.

Insert fake outrage:

Cyberpunk 2077 MP monetization will make you 'happy to spend money'

"We won't be aggressive, but you can expect great things to be bought,"Adam Kicinski said in a recent earnings call.

"The goal is to design monetization in a way that makes people happy to spend money. I'm not trying to be cynical or hide something; it's about creating a feeling of value. Same as with our single-player games: we want gamers to be happy while spending money on our products.

The same is true for microtransactions: you can expect them, of course, and CP is a great setting for selling things, but it won't be aggressive; it won't upset gamers but it'll make them happy - that's our goal at least."

Surprising absolutely nobody, expect to see a lot angry posts in 3... 2... 1....

Surprising absolutely nobody, expect to see a lot angry posts in 3... 2... 1....
Why? It's a multiplayer game. To support the servers long term it's pretty much either (1) monetize optional content, (2) charge a subscription fee, (3) pay for regular expansions as they drop. GWENT's monetization has been very player friendly (or at least it was back when I was regularly playing).

Now if they were saying that about the SP game, I would expect pitchforks.

Last edited:

This is one of the silliest complaints in a while. Would being angry about the value received from paid DLC be preferable? You are complaining about the best case scenario lol

Map expansion maybe towards the badlands like Witcher 3 did with Eastern Velen/Redania in Hearts of Stone. Adding more settlements.

I don't expect another district or anything of that nature within Night City in itself.
One thing that Cyberpunk has over Witcher is it's verticality and since there will be plenty of buildings that won't be accessible in the main game, they can still be filled with stuff to do in one of the expansions. So my predictions are this:

First expansion is the smallest one and it will be a new story set on the same map as the main game, but it will add more explorable interiors.
Second expansion will expand the Badlands and maybe the sea (with addition of vehicles for water exploration) with the story centered around Nomads.
Third expansion will be set on one of the orbital stations (Crystal Palace maybe?), since one of the already confirmed leaks stated that one of the CDPR studios was working on a mission taking place on a moon, so I think it might be a part of space oriented expansion, and it will be a completely new area.

Its insane the amount of faux outrage because people hear "microtransactions". Microtransactions are not bad.

They can be implented in bad ways, and need to be shot down when they are. But there is nothing to suggest so far cdpr will implement them in such a way.

but hey, thats the gaming "community" for you.

Eh, I have to disagree about Gwent's monetization model - it's pretty uncharacteristic of what CDPR normally stand for and is not a good practice. Better than the extremely greedy monetization models found in some other titles? Sure. Actually good? Nah. I don't know why Gwent, in its current form, even exists, to be perfectly honest. Far as I remember, people wanted an online version of Witcher 3 Gwent to play with their friends, not whatever this current online Gwent is. Also, seeing some random online rewards pop up in Thronebreaker chests felt a bit scummy too, not gonna lie. So, I really hope the CP multiplayer goes in a different direction.

Regarding server costs - dedicated servers is your answer. If you wanna play on a CDPR-hosted server, you pay a subscription fee. Or you can just buy the game and then play without a subscription on community-hosted servers. Not only does it remove the excuse (and it is an excuse) for microtransactions to support server costs, but it also ensures the game can live on even after CDPR shut down the official servers, which will happen eventually.

Obviously, there's no need for outrage over this, but I have to agree that this doesn't really feel like the most consumer-friendly solution either. Feels more like "how much can we get away with before the pitchforks come out" and I don't wanna see CDPR start going down that road.

I'd be really happy to see the return of the Night City Area Rapid Transit in one of the DLCs. I know it sounds like a really odd feature to bring back with a DLC but having a useable transit system we can enter and use would add so much extra immersion to the game, much like RDR2 and GTA IV's useable passenger trains. It was really sad to see they had cancelled any inclusion of the NCART system, especially after the amazing designs shown in the first E3 trailer and some of the artwork (the Arasaka soldiers breaking into the metro car with V in it).

VA.jpg

Not gonna read too much into it, but sounds like there's going to be a lot of dialogue in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom