Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, the answer is much simpler. Red Dead Redemption 2 was announced just a couple of months before release, which is why a lot more preorders accumulated throughout this shorter period of time, but the article in question completely ommited that, as Sild said, Cyberpunk was announced and started taking preorders over a year ago, with the first months, after they started, being the most intense in terms of the presales. Also the full blown marketing campaign for RDR2 started a little earlier then in case of Cyberpunk, which supposed to begin in October and intensify even more in November. The reason for why they start the most intense part of the marketing just the next month, is because, according to their experience, majority of preorders is done just a couple of weeks before release, when the people are sure of the release date, so this is why they planned this for the last month and a half before release. Things like not enough marketing last year or some bugs in the background, that majority of people didn't even notice when watching the promotional materials, don't really factor into that.

Overall I would say that, taking those things under consideration, they might be in fact much closer to the number of RDR2 preorders then this article implies.

Actually, RDR2 was officially announced in October 2016, which was 2 years before release. They just had a better release and marketing plan by keeping quiet about details until they had the game done about 3 months prior to release, and did non-stop quality marketing for those 3 months.

6 weeks (-ish) left and I still don't know if I should buy the game on PS5 or xbox series x... And no plans to let us know how it runs on those consoles (not even talking about the next gen patch here). :shrug:
They said that they will be showing console footage before release.

6 weeks (-ish) left and I still don't know if I should buy the game on PS5 or xbox series x... And no plans to let us know how it runs on those consoles (not even talking about the next gen patch here). :shrug:

Did you preorder both of the next gen consoles?

Marketing campaign slowly enters overdrive.
well they did say October, although i didn't except one at the very beginning of the month :oops:

jmwtxv4m66l51.png

Some new cgi scenes in there, they probably belong to a bigger cgi trailer we haven't seen yet made by Goodbye Kansas Studios.

At 00:16 V's katana slices a rifle in half!
I'm guessing they'll show this CGI trailer in NCW4

Okay now they are actually ramping up marketing. Pre-order numbers will probably surpass RDR2 once marketing catches up.

To the unwary eye, isn't C2077 advertising itself as a 3rd person action game?

In the CGI footage the camera isn’t floating behind V’s shoulder so I don’t get what you mean :think: Or you mean to say that the trailer needs more 1st. person scenes?

1st person may be intimate, but it is not cinematic.

Well excuuuse meee, are we forgetting about the critically acclaimed, Oscar-winning, [ . . . ] 2005 masterpiece Doom? :p

On a serious note, yeah, 1st. person is not “cinematic” in the traditional sense. It just wasn’t as fully explored as it could be in the history of film industry mainly due to technical limitations (you can’t just stick a camera through someone’s skull :LOL: Plus, very few actors would enjoy not being in scenes where their faces aren’t visible for most of the production’s runtime).

Last edited by a moderator:
1st person may be intimate, but it is not cinematic.

And when you put a fixed camera recording two people eating at a dinner, is [cinematic]? Both can be true. There are many ways to express it. After the Jason Bourne movies, close up shaky cams became popular (no a fan of it, though). The Matrix used a wide angle showing of the fights more. You can say that (the fight scenes in) Jason Bourne were more intimate and that (the fight scenes in) The Matrix were more cinematic. There is more to it than just the POV. Also:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom