Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
scythe lady.jpg

Last edited:
LOVED the look at vehicles. I wonder how many junkers I'll wreck getting a feel for the games driving mechanics. Then how many more "decent" vehicles I'll wreck due to in-game action or player fumble fingers. CP22077 is NOT a racing game, but I'd say CDPR went beyond reasonable expectations to create a pretty good limited approximation of one.

As to character style, I'm very much a jeans and t-shirt type of person so none of the clothing styles really appeal to me.

Cosplayers ... damn I wish I had half their talent and creativity!

Love the 'Cyberpunk 2077 In Styles-'trailer. Would like to see a link to the song Pain used in the trailer made by Le Destroy.

I can't say I'm really excited about the cars, just not my thing in a game. Really more of a tool. But CDPR's level of dedication is once again astounding, maybe even breathtaking. :cool:

I can't say I'm really excited about the cars, just not my thing in a game. Really more of a tool. But CDPR's level of dedication is once again astounding, maybe even breathtaking. :cool:

You don't have to be to benefit from it though, it's world building. Even if you don't care about cars or their sounds you still benefit from high quality level of them as immersion. I garuntee Even people who don't care would prefer a game with higher quality than less quality.

Like maybe you don't care about fashion but or architecture, but you still get a better game when the devs put work and effort into making high quality style and buildings.

As to character style, I'm very much a jeans and t-shirt type of person so none of the clothing styles really appeal to me.
Heh, there was an recent interview with Cyberpunk character designer who said that it was one of the reasons why designing characters for this game is harder then something like The Witcher, because the setting resemble our world much closer then the medieval world of The Witcher, so you kinda go with the expectations that most people should wear something like t-shirt and jeans, but of course they can't really settle on that, however, at the same time, whenever they go beyond that, they always have this feeling that they might overdesign the way character looks.

Entropism is probably the closest to regular "t-shirt and jeans" combo, but I kinda like little more colourful and tacky attires, so I will probably go with the kitsch style of clothing, maybe switch to neokitsch after accumulating more cash.

LOVED the look at vehicles. I wonder how many junkers I'll wreck getting a feel for the games driving mechanics. Then how many more "decent" vehicles I'll wreck due to in-game action or player fumble fingers. CP22077 is NOT a racing game, but I'd say CDPR went beyond reasonable expectations to create a pretty good limited approximation of one.

Cosplayers ... damn I wish I had half their talent and creativity!

Yep, the cars looks amazing and the driving, without having played it yet tho, seems correct, in the vein of the GTA series, should be good (without being a simulation either, but enough to have fun riding through NC at full speed and giving us some cool police chase).

About the clothes, I'm not too worried, I guess we'll be able to mix and match différent styles and outfit to find something to our tastes, there were some people with bands tshirts in the video, just find a good looking jean and there you go :)

You don't have to be to benefit from it though, it's world building. Even if you don't care about cars or their sounds you still benefit from high quality level of them as immersion. I garuntee Even people who don't care would prefer a game with higher quality than less quality.

It's true unless important features are missing at the same time.

Time, money and working power aren't infinite ressources.
And ressources which goes for a part of the game isn't going in another part of the game.

answer these two questions

Does working on cars mean they can not implement more "important features"

and

If more "important" features are not implemented does that mean the reason is because devs decided to do something "less important"

Now, the onyl reasonable answer to me, to both of these is no. So therefore, they have nothing to do with each other.

Because you can do both at once, neither, or just implement "less important" things like cars for totally un-related reasons to "important features"

The reason "important features" would not be implenented in any case has nothing to do with them deciding to have cool car features no matter what.

I wont get into this any further because I feel like im getting off topic again and more into a personal argument.

Last edited:
answer these two questions
Does working on cars mean they can not implement more "important features"

Of they are lacking ressources yes.
And we have proof that they at least lack working force and money.

and
If more "important" features are not implemented does that mean the reason is because devs decided to do something "less important"
Now, the onyl reasonable answer to me, to both of these is no. So therefore, they have nothing to do with each other.
Because you can do both at once, neither, or just implement "less important" things like cars for totally un-related reasons to "important features"
The reason "important features" would not be implenented in any case has nothing to do with them deciding to have cool car features no matter what.

Maybe it's more understandable if I say that appealing to GTA V fanbase have taken priority over delivering every aspect of a fully fledged RPG.

Maybe it's more understandable if I say that appealing to GTA V fanbase have taken priority over delivering every aspect of a fully fledged RPG.
Ah yes, and you know this because you've played the game extensively to realize it. The comparison to GTA is such a broken record. Oh yes, there's cars! Must be to attract GTA fans! You know there are other games with cars in them, yeah? And the game is an open world in an American city. America, where car culture is massive as cities were designed around their use. Cyberpunk 2077, where as far back as Cyberpunk 2020 cars were a huge part of the pen and paper game. In a world where different types of styles and uses define a person from the outside and the detailing for cars, something the player can use, plays a huge role in the game as far as transport goes and world building.

Give it a rest. I'm sure some people will say they have no interest in guns, but to complain about any aspect of the game having too much work put in and that it takes away from other features before any of us have even played it is asinine.

Ah yes, and you know this because you've played the game extensively to realize it. The comparison to GTA is such a broken record. Oh yes, there's cars! Must be to attract GTA fans! You know there are other games with cars in them, yeah? And the game is an open world in an American city. America, where car culture is massive as cities were designed around their use. Cyberpunk 2077, where as far back as Cyberpunk 2020 cars were a huge part of the pen and paper game. In a world where different types of styles and uses define a person from the outside and the detailing for cars, something the player can use, plays a huge role in the game as far as transport goes and world building.

Give it a rest. I'm sure some people will say they have no interest in guns, but to complain about any aspect of the game having too much work put in and that it takes away from other features before any of us have even played it is asinine.

Thanks for the straw man fallacy, parodying what I said to better strike it after that.
It's not like we have no informations about the game, about what is and what isn't inside it.

Thanks for the straw man fallacy, parodying what I said to better strike it after that.
It's not like we have no informations about the game, about what is and what isn't inside it.
You made a throwaway statement about the supposed "fact" that CDPR was appealing to a GTA V fanbase and cutting RPG elements to do so/not developing the RPG elements enough. However your entire assertion for that seems based entirely on the level of detail of the cars. There's way more in GTA than cars, including guns, gun customization, shootouts, heists, vehicle customization etc. Are we saying CDPR is also appealing to Forza Horizon players because the cars are super detailed?

I agree entirely, it's just that seeing the cars in an ad doesn't do much for me, but when I drive them in game I'm sure I'll appreciate it.
When do we get to see the video of the CDPR team hanging out at strip clubs and rummaging through garbage dumps, recording sights and sounds for the betterment of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom