Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I remember those, but fallout is the only one I remember doing something like that. I get why youd want to know how stats effect gameplay before hand (do they play a big role?) but it just seems more like something you would find out during the tutorial/creation screen of the game.

Well, I'm really wary about tooltips, as they often tend to stick to explain only the generals and the crunch, yet avoid roleplay explanations (leading to my previous example were three valid stats could be imagined as used for intimidation but we don't know which will end up true).

I had actually once created a whole topic to beg for carefully crafted tooltips.

Well, I'm really wary about tooltips, as they often tend to stick to explain only the generals and the crunch, yet avoid roleplay explanations (leading to my previous example were three valid stats could be imagined as used for intimidation but we don't know which will end up true).

I had actually once created a whole topic to beg for carefully crafted tooltips.

Yeah thats true I hope it has proper full explanations for each stat, however they advertise before hand.

There have been number of youtube videos trying to analyze the character creation stats, largely based on the hands-on demo this summer. If you are interested in that, seek them out.

If my memory serves, there was talk about stats affecting dialog options in a dev interview long ago. I'm pretty sure it was said that body would be the stat to use for intimidation, as body affects not only your hp and strength, but also how imposing you are physically. This was quite a while ago, so it might have changed, but I would bet on this.

I'd've traded pretty much everything we've seen since for one solid 30 minute

Yeah, the choppiness of the gameplay segments was disappointing. I too was disappointed in the 2019 deep dive. Not because I saw anything bad, just that it was hard to gauge how the game would play and feel. I felt none the wiser in many regards. It's hard enough to judge that kind of thing when watching someone playing uninterrupted.

And, yes, preferably late at night, in the rain, with a bad ending. Cyberpunk.

It's funny you mention the 'bad ending'. The latest (?) Keanu Reeves trailer ended with him saying something along the lines of, 'By the time they put a bullet in you, you'll have burned the city down'. It sounded a bit...ominous.

It made me wonder if V will bite the dust by the end of the campaign - or at least in some of the possible endings. Maybe even most of the endings? I mean, I doubt it, but it would sure be different than the vast majority of games; if you had to work particularly hard to get all right circumstances to allow V to survive.

A journalist here said something interesting on the matter of advertising. He has played the game and truly believes it's going to be a masterpiece, but has also shown some "concern" for possible complaints not from hardcore gamers but from casual gamers, who might think cyberpunk is COD+GTA V (also California) in the future until the moment they start the game and find themselves with 200 unlockable perks and skills with stat requirements, levels, hard gated abilities and yada yada yada.
Not that I personally care, but I think it's a valid point.

I don`t think " we " aren`t the target audience for advertising , we are the hard core fans who have / will buy the game . Most of the stuff you see is trying to grab the gamers who know very little about the game .

Youtuber Parris, who also played it, said the advertising is very misleading. To an extent, so was TW3's. It usually showed a generic cross section of Witchers and Geralt's personality, and played up the sex and dark fantasy bits. But it was also more informative of just how the game would play, whereas I don't have a good feel at all for Cyberpunk despite all of the videos released.

It's funny you mention the 'bad ending'. The latest (?) Keanu Reeves trailer ended with him saying something along the lines of, 'By the time they put a bullet in you, you'll have burned the city down'. It sounded a bit...ominous.

It made me wonder if V will bite the dust by the end of the campaign - or at least in some of the possible endings. Maybe even most of the endings? I mean, I doubt it, but it would sure be different than the vast majority of games; if you had to work particularly hard to get all right circumstances to allow V to survive.

Remember the part where V is supposed to be immortal because of the biochip?

A journalist here said something interesting on the matter of advertising. He has played the game and truly believes it's going to be a masterpiece, but has also shown some "concern" for possible complaints not from hardcore gamers but from casual gamers, who might think cyberpunk is COD+GTA V (also California) in the future until the moment they start the game and find themselves with 200 unlockable perks and skills with stat requirements, levels, hard gated abilities and yada yada yada.
Not that I personally care, but I think it's a valid point.

Excellent point. Considering the rumoured huge complexity of character creation, Im surprised it hasn't been mentioned nearly at all in the advertisements.

I don`t think " we " aren`t the target audience for advertising , we are the hard core fans who have / will buy the game . Most of the stuff you see is trying to grab the gamers who know very little about the game .

Also true. But that doesn't mean its a good idea to mislead the casuals in advertisements. That sort of thing can have a backlash.

Excellent point. Considering the rumoured huge complexity of character creation, Im surprised it hasn't been mentioned nearly at all in the advertisements.
I've already expressed my doubts about putting default male V on the cover and all the advertisement, same for TPP CGI videos... Again, not that I care, but still... :shrug:

I've already expressed my doubts about putting default male V on the cover and all the advertisement, same for TPP CGI videos... Again, not that I care, but still... :shrug:

Im not sure what you mean. The physical game box has a reversible cover with both V's (letting you choose which one is on top), and CDPR has been using the female face everywhere on the social media. Its their own twitter accounts profile pic among other things.

ps. Watch how theres gonna be articles titled "IS CDPR misleading its customers?!" next week on gaming media sites... Tools. Those people are just trying to whip up news out of nothing all the time.

Officially announced the language support for Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles.

Thats crazy I had no idea consoles just didnt unanimously support all languages the game did no matter the region.

Really weird to me that they dont.

Im not sure what you mean. The physical game box has a reversible cover with both V's (letting you choose which one is on top), and CDPR has been using the female face everywhere on the social media. Its their own twitter accounts profile pic among other things.

ps. Watch how theres gonna be articles titled "IS CDPR misleading its customers?!" next week on gaming media sites... Tools. Those people are just trying to whip up news out of nothing all the time.
I meant that there's no point in using a predetermined character for all adv material when the whole point of the game is "create your own character and roleplay as you wish". IMHO.

Not a marketing guy here, ofc, but still... I don't get it. Are predetermined characters good for sales maybe? No idea. :shrug: But it surely doesn't give ME the idea of "play as you wish". No need to say we're all well informed about the game here. Again, it doesn't matter at all for our cases. But the youtuber fan who is buying the game because "OMG Dr disrespect is in the game together with Keanu reeves!" (Side note, I doubt adults find YouTubers in the game appealing, how useless PEGI is?) has a proper view of cyberpunk 2077 or not?

My personal doubts about the game won't be disclosed until reviews (probably even later for next gen versions), so I'm just wondering about stuff I don't understand.

I meant that there's no point in using a predetermined character for all adv material when the whole point of the game is "create your own character and roleplay as you wish". IMHO.

Not a marketing guy here, ofc, but still... I don't get it. Are predetermined characters good for sales maybe? No idea. :shrug: But it surely doesn't give ME the idea of "play as you wish". No need to say we're all well informed about the game here. Again, it doesn't matter at all for our cases. But the youtuber fan who is buying the game because "OMG Dr disrespect is in the game together with Keanu reeves!" (Side note, I doubt adults find YouTubers in the game appealing, how useless PEGI is?) has a proper view of cyberpunk 2077 or not?

My personal doubts about the game won't be disclosed until reviews (probably even later for next gen versions), so I'm just wondering about stuff I don't understand.

Should v in all videos just be a ambiguous blob. Of meat or something?

If its different every time how will those people know its v?

I mean people will know the fame has character creation how does having the pc on the box effect that in any way?

What does it matter if someone buys the game without learning about its mechanics? How does that effect you or the game?

And can we please let go of this notion that youtube is a "kids" thing.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe it's only "on disk" languages, and that others will be downloadable.

The link says "supported languages"

What do you suggest they should show then? I think CDPR has done it right by showing multiple different V's in the media, so that people get the idea of customizable character.

Also... am I crazy but...

Fem V went from this
fromthis.jpg

To this
tothis.jpg

Did my forum avatar inspire this??!
:LOL::ROFLMAO::D
inspire.jpg

Last edited:
Remember the part where V is supposed to be immortal because of the biochip?

Sure, but I mean the end of the story; when all twists, turns, betrayals and (literal) backstabbings have taken place ;)

"concern" for possible complaints not from hardcore gamers but from casual gamers, who might think cyberpunk is COD+GTA V (also California) in the future until the moment they start the game and find themselves with 200 unlockable perks and skills with stat requirements, levels, hard gated abilities and yada yada yada.

Yes, I think it's a valid point. It can happen for lots of games, especially when genres get blended so often these days.

However, without wanting to sound callous, people shouldn't buy a game based on screenshots or a few trailer clips. I think the onus to look into a game before laying out $60 or whatever is really on the customer, especially if that kind of expenditure is a big deal and risks real upset. The game's been hyped for a long time and there's plenty of info out there if people just make the most cursory of investigations.

Who knows, maybe those that are disappointed but persevere will discover a style of game they love? Not to mention I'm always a bit wary of classing players as 'casuals' or 'hardcore' to begin with. I really feel that many players enjoy different genres more than people realise so I hope it won't be too much of an issue.

Last edited:
Should v in all videos just be a ambiguous blob. Of meat or something?

If its different every time how will those people know its v?

I mean people will know the fame has character creation how does having the pc on the box effect that in any way?

What does it matter if someone buys the game without learning about its mechanics? How does that effect you or the game?

And can we please let go of this notion that youtube is a "kids" thing.

The link says "supported languages"
Are there really adults who are hyped for YouTubers being in the game? I'm honestly serious, no sarcasm intended.
Btw, never said or even thought YouTube ifms just for kids.

What do you suggest they should show then? I think CDPR has done it right by showing multiple different V's in the media, so that people get the idea of customizable character.

Also... am I crazy but...

Fem V went from this
View attachment 11064350

To this
View attachment 11064353

Did my forum avatar inspire this??!
:LOL::ROFLMAO::D
View attachment 11064356
I wouldn't have shown any third person cgi scene and put something else on the cover, like night city itself for example. :shrug: but as I said, no marketing guy here.

Sure, but I mean the end of the story; when all twists, turns, betrayals and (literal) backstabbings have taken place ;)

Yes, I think it's a valid point. It can happen for lots of games, especially when genres get blended so often these days.

However, without wanting to sound callous, people shouldn't buy a game based on screenshots or a few trailer clips. I think the onus to look into a game before laying out $60 or whatever is really on the customer, especially if that kind of expenditure is a big deal and risks real upset. The game's been hyped for a long time and there's plenty of info out there if people just make the most cursory of investigations.

Who knows, maybe those that are disappointed but persevere will discover a style of game they love? Not to mention I'm always a bit wary of classing players as 'casuals' or 'hardcore' to begin with. I really feel that many players enjoy different genres more than people realise so I hope it won't be too much of an issue.
Yeah I don't like hardcore/casual terms either, it was just the quickest way to say "gamers who are well informed and people who buy a game from time to time and don't really follow the scene in depth"

Last edited:
Are there really adults who are hyped for YouTubers being in the game? I'm honestly serious, no sarcasm intended.
Btw, never said or even thought YouTube ifms just for kids.

I wouldn't have shown any third person cgi scene and put something else on the cover, like night city itself for example. :shrug: but as I said, no marketing guy here.

Yeah I don't like hardcore/casual terms either, it was just the quickest way to say "gamers who are well informed and people who buy a game from time to time and don't really follow the scene in depth"

Its mostly adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom