Night City Wire returns!

+
I dunno, it's quite fun having a guess though! Obviously we'll be completely wrong. It's a bit like rattling the presents.... unless it's lego.

My comment is definitely not aimed at anyone having a fun guess at what the patch will include. There is nothing wrong with that. My comment is 100% about those (here and elsewhere, because this is causing hype all over) acting like something is confirmed based on less than 30 seconds of marketing material.

Sure it may look like X feature that people have been asking for is in. It's fine to point it out and go "that'd be nice". It's the whole "IT'S HAPPENING BOIS" before CDPR has even said a word part that's problematic. It will unavoidably result in, as @ooodrin pointed out, in a "but MuUuUuuUummm, they promissssseeeeddd" conversation in a few days.

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate and wonder if Gorilla Arms being present in the prologue intro could also mean that the player is able to choose a common or uncommon rarity limb cyberware during character creation.
Just wonder how it'll land if it turns out there is no NG+ this patch, the Reeee!! from the community would be quite loud. People are already reaching pretty hard.

100%, That's why I said "Most likely" nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed.... But the implication of that footage heavily leans towards NG+....I agree it could be something else like 1 unique Cyberware option in Character Creation, or some other feature, but again that frame makes it seem like NG+, If it's not in the update people will be very upset So I personally think that's a bad look to have the implication and not follow through, on a very well-known major fan request.

But then again, it's always best not to jump to conclusions with the stuff, It's just my best educated guess. I would not actually call any of this confirmed until its actually confirmed from CDPR.

I have zero expectations other than bug fixes. But I am guessing that we get the following on Tuesday.

1. An expansion teaser and/or full reveal. I'm not sure if they will give a release date yet unless it is in January of next year. But I anticipate some kind of cinematic hyping it up at least. I doubt they'll do a deep dive into features, story, etc. at this point. I bet they give us a teaser and then slowly trickle out information before the release.
  2. A lot of hype for the Edgerunners anime show.
  3. I bet 1.6 is mostly going to be themed around the Netflix release. I bet we get some clothing items based around it, maybe a gun from it, a couple of gigs/quests related to it, transmog and maybe something like NG+ tossed in as well.
On the investor call the next day I am HOPING that they give us clarity on if there will be an expansion or if they will work on a second expansion (Still have my fingers crossed for 2-3 expansions rather than just one). Something tells me they are going to continue to be vague about this though. I think before they say anything definitive they want to see how the first expansion sells this far out after release.

Hasn't even been two years since release actually....

Seriously, reading this last page of the thread and it's the same situation all over again. People are over analyzing every bit and pieces of a tiny trailer and getting hyped up to extreme degrees.

I always get hopeful people will finally learn but.... Meh!
True, a year and a half I missed the calculation, I do not generate Hype but I do like to push and share my opinion. I'm easy to get excited when I like something, there's nothing wrong with it, we know everything we'd like to be in the game, I'm sure CDPR won't be able to do it, but modders can add a lot of value if they finally get the tools that it was announced that they were going to be developed.

Despite seeing that reality always slows down my expectations, I'm still betting heavily on Cyberpunk and its future development and as I say I won't miss the Night City Wire to see what they're working on.

Still, only 5% of what I mention will be in the new patch, but Cyberpunk allows so much additional development that I won't get tired of proposing it.
Post automatically merged:

Am I missing something? Why'd you use a still from the show?
It's just an idea that came to me when I saw the trailer, the monorail is very present in many of the illustrations and promotional videos, why don't they develop it? They have already said no, the modders have made it work and maybe it will end up being developed by CDPR. They weren't too far from having it finished at the game's launch.

You know which is the only animal that trips twice over the same stone.
I'm just stating what I would like to see in Cyberpunk, I'll be happy with what you tell us on Tuesday as long as it improves our experience in Night city, there is nothing wrong with the community of players commenting on their ideas and improvements. Each one is free to simply thank and wait for Tuesday or jump into the pool to propose ideas of what will come soon.

If finally they only announce some clothing accessories and some new missions that take us a couple of hours of play, we can only wait for the next patch or expansion and I will hardly return to Night City to relive what I have already experienced.

Last edited:
I suppose it's only because they made one clip/trailer to "cover" the two parts of the stream > About the series and after, about the update.
So maybe better to take both separately too :)

100% Agreed, the way I look at it is, they made one trailer for two separate things, The anime stream, and the "Deep Dive" after it. They may overlap in content a little, but they should be looked at as separate until told otherwise.

I dunno, it's quite fun having a guess though! Obviously we'll be completely wrong. It's a bit like rattling the presents.... unless it's lego.
That is exactly what I wanted to comment on, the illusion of a fan of the game who is still very aware of the development of Cyberpunk. I'll be wrong, but for me it's like saying GUYS!!! YOU HAVE AN INCREDIBLE IP IN YOUR HANDS, KEEP DEVELOPING IT FOR A LONG TIME!!!

100% Agreed, the way I look at it is, they made one trailer for two separate things, The anime stream, and the "Deep Dive" after it. They may overlap in content a little, but they should be looked at as separate until told otherwise.
It depend, for example the yellow jacket from the series, I think it's safe to assume that it will be present in the game, added by the update or with some other items/things which will be related to the series as a free DLC (some sort of "Edgerunner DLC").

Well, anyway, as I said before, I imagine there will be "substantial" content. Hard to believe CDPR doing a stream and using "deep dive" term for only a few items related to the series, bugfixing or gameplay rebalancing :)

Anyway we will have answers* and our curiosity will be satisfied (or not) in only 1 day, 16 hours, 33 minutes :giggle:
*Not all, because they said "some features", so as always, they will probably keep some "secret" until the release

Last edited:
My comment is definitely not aimed at anyone having a fun guess at what the patch will include. There is nothing wrong with that. My comment is 100% about those (here and elsewhere, because this is causing hype all over) acting like something is confirmed based on less than 30 seconds of marketing material.

Sure it may look like X feature that people have been asking for is in. It's fine to point it out and go "that'd be nice". It's the whole "IT'S HAPPENING BOIS" before CDPR has even said a word part that's problematic. It will unavoidably result in, as @ooodrin pointed out, in a "but MuUuUuuUummm, they promissssseeeeddd" conversation in a few days.
Yeah, I know just how much damage the YouTuber / reddit "facts" looking at you Openworldgames and JuiceHead ( ok not so much JuiceHead but his most recent video is very speculative) but the fact that there hasn't been much/any info since March doesn't help quench that.

We need an new Rampant Speculation thread, I quite enjoy the tangential extrapolation!

Maybe it won't even be 1.6 they've had six months.... Could it be 2.0? ;)

Also let's be honest, they're kind of encouraging it.
Screenshot_20220904-231130_Twitter.jpg

Just found this on the official Instagram
Screenshot_20220904-233539_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, hopefully it's a couple gigs but most likely just one will be the case. It would have been nice if they brought back the cut gigs.

Yeah, hopefully it's a couple gigs but most likely just one will be the case. It would have been nice if they brought back the cut gigs.

Based on the above quote from their social media, it looks like it will be multiple missions, probably that tie into the show... hopefully maybe a few that don't, but I guess we won't know for sure until Tuesday, the fact that their own official PR is saying "Missions" is a good sign to me.

Just wishing that they are not mean and not releasing the patch tomorrow. Forcing us to wait even longer.

34 hours until start of the stream…… in case if someone doesn’t know how to count :)

I'm glad they're talking about new content. i assume it'll be some weapons and maybe transmog. At any rate, CDPR's shown long term commitment to the game, which is commendable. A year ago I was worried they'd just release a few patches and bail.

I like how this thread is a mixture of HYPPPEEEE but also:

Personally I'm riding this hype-train to the promised land baby :coolstory: I expect aliens and the second coming of jesus at least...
:coolstory:

I admit that I have become a driver on this Hype train. It's hard to hold back when you see the ad and hear the music, FUCK I LIKE THIS GAME I WANT MORE!!! GIVE IT ALL TO ME NOW!!!! :sleep:

I like how this thread is a mixture of HYPPPEEEE but also:

Personally I'm riding this hype-train to the promised land baby :coolstory: I expect aliens and the second coming of jesus at least...
They already gave us a self proclaimed messiah, maybe this time V meets god?

Hasn't even been two years since release actually....

Seriously, reading this last page of the thread and it's the same situation all over again. People are over analyzing every bit and pieces of a tiny trailer and getting hyped up to extreme degrees.

I always get hopeful people will finally learn but.... Meh!
When you see youtube video's being slung around from some random YTer, thats the moment where you might as well leave for a week and then check in again.
All I need to know right now... something happens tomorrow and I wish everyone a good.. view, experience.. or whatever appiies.
And I'll just check in on these forums at some point if patch notes are shared, then check the DL-pack and thats that.

I always loved that the most really... the fun wasn't the lego's, but which set :)

Top Bottom