Night City Wire returns!

+
Fair enough, but usually if the Devs show it in a video it's safe to say it's confirmed and in the game. It doesn't always work that way, so you definitely have a point, we've seen "Confirmed Planned" features scrapped, even working ones removed, and sure that usually that comes with notice up front and an explanation but not always. This is kind of an industry wide issue right now, they oversell and underdeliver then patch things in as they go, hell every game has a day 1 patch now so they know they can usually get away with shipping it a little "Broken" or "unfinished" as long as the patch its out day 1. We've seen some extreme examples of this the past 2 years and it going very badly, CP2077, BF2042 being the two biggest but not the only ones.

Still on the topic of managed expectations, IF the Devs say it's there it's safe to assume it is, especially for this stream as the patch will probably launch the same day or close to it.
The Battlefield 2042 case is much worse than Cyberpunk 2077, an absolute failure for a game that doesn't come back.

What has been worrying me since Cyberpunk 2077 was released is the amount of time it takes for them to give us new content whether it's paid or free. As if the great work has already been done and now we can only hope for small improvements. Lack of communication about what to expect is largely to blame for this.

Tomorrow they have another great opportunity to cheer on all their customers.

The Battlefield 2042 case is much worse than Cyberpunk 2077, an absolute failure for a game that doesn't come back.

What has been worrying me since Cyberpunk 2077 was released is the amount of time it takes for them to give us new content whether it's paid or free. As if the great work has already been done and now we can only hope for small improvements. Lack of communication about what to expect is largely to blame for this.

Tomorrow they have another great opportunity to cheer on all their customers.

I think honestly, the reason it took so long for content is flat out... the game needed to be fixed before it could be expanded. That's just my take, it needed to be fully working as intended and implemented on next-gen systems. And unfortunately, it took a little longer to get there than anyone would have originally expected or liked.

They have repeated a commitment to give as much post launch content and support as TW3 got, and I don't personally see any cause for concern, unless the Free DLCs and content patches are still weak now that the game is in a much more "Finished" state. If the next patch or 2 before the paid expansion are a real let down, then maybe it's time to worry about the expansion and future support of the game. But I think they're on the right track, or at least 1.5 was a huge step in the right direction so I think they can keep it up.

I think honestly, the reason it took so long for content is flat out... the game needed to be fixed before it could be expanded. That's just my take, it needed to be fully working as intended and implemented on next-gen systems. And unfortunately, it took a little longer to get there than anyone would have originally expected or liked.

They have repeated a commitment to give as much post launch content and support as TW3 got, and I don't personally see any cause for concern, unless the Free DLCs and content patches are still weak now that the game is in a much more "Finished" state. If the next patch or 2 before the paid expansion are a real let down, then maybe it's time to worry about the expansion and future support of the game. But I think they're on the right track, or at least 1.5 was a huge step in the right direction so I think they can keep it up.

I think it is a combination of things:
  1. Like you said the game just released earlier than it should have. It needed to be fixed. I don't think the game would have had nearly the pushback from the gaming community if it released as version 1.5 as opposed to what we got upon initial release.
  2. Cyberpunk seems like it is a more complicated world to develop in than The Witcher 3. Most of The Witcher is flat - where as Cyberpunk is vertical. In The Witcher you basically have like 1/2 different weapon types you can use - in Cyberpunk there is a much bigger variety. The Witcher 3 didn't have near the population density that Cyberpunk sought to achieve. Rather than just having Roach we instead have a plethora of different automobiles.
  3. After The Witcher 3 it seems like they had some turnover and they had to rebuild their dev team, which is likely causing some of the lag time. I think this it the biggest reason to shift to UE5 for them - so there is no huge 'onboarding' process for employees. There are going to be a ton of candidates who can more or less just come in and work on UE5... where as with Red Engine it likely took them a fair amount of time to get up to speed.
I didn't like Cyberpunk as much as The Witcher 3. TW3 stands as my first or second favorite game ever made. But Cyberpunk is a very good game and I think it still has a lot of untapped potential. It will be a shame if they go back on the commitment to give as much or more post launch content as The Witcher 3, because Cyberpunk is definitely worth investing in.

But that's also my opinion. We will see what expansion sales look like. If it flops you can bet they will drop it and move on to The Witcher 4.

I take time because I suppose that adding new "stuff" to the game was their least concern for a good while :)
And also because it was more "difficult" to work on Cyberpunk than TW3, in the last stream, to quote Patrick Mills :
"Making blood and wine was some of the best times I've ever had professionally. It was a dream. We had tools that just worked, easy to use which and incredibly powerful... everything worked. then in Cyberpunk... ummm... it wasn't like that !"
Right time :

Last edited:
Get ready for one new jacket and a gun chooms! 6 months it took to make this stellar amazing content. NG+ nah, we couldn't bother even though Witcher 3 had it within 3 months. I really thought CDPR would turn this around but I see no evidence of this happening. I doubt the expansion will be more than a mere whisper among gaming news when it comes out. May as well call this IP Anthem redux.

Well people kind of are expecting the bare minimum from CDPR any more so I can understand the hate.

Even 1.5 didn't fix a majority of the bugs.

And nothing happening with updates for months with utter silence doesn't make people hopeful for any new meaningful content

When CDPR has only disappointed some players why should they now expect anything different?

So many issues still in the game. The weird jerky animation when V takes his/her connector cable from the input when hacking. The broken ragdolls. The fact your weapon icon reads wrong until you pull out your gun. I mean these have been issues since the beginning. These are only a few mind you. I mean NG+ would have been the ONE thing you'd expect from this game. It's almost two years old for crying out loud. This is Anthem level of updates we're talking here. Like do they have like 5 people locked away in a closet working on this thing? 6 months is a long time. What kind of skeleton crew do they have working on this?

Stream will be about loot boxes hidden behind paywalls to make up for the losses in stock value. Now you get to purchase any cosmetic item your cybernetic 2nd heart desires

I take time because I suppose that adding new "stuff" to the game was their least concern for a good while :)
And also because it was more "difficult" to work on Cyberpunk than TW3, in the last stream, to quote Patrick Mills :
"Making blood and wine was some of the best times I've ever had professionally. It was a dream. We had tools that just worked, easy to use which and incredibly powerful... everything worked. then in Cyberpunk... ummm... it wasn't like that !"
Right time :

Having just watched the bit you marked, I gotta say I absolutely adore Patrick Mills' candor. Highly informative, supportive of his colleagues, and telling it how it is. Seems like a lovely dude and a stand-up guy :)

What has been worrying me since Cyberpunk 2077 was released is the amount of time it takes for them to give us new content whether it's paid or free.
And this I dont understand? Is it some form of fear that nothing will follow up 'the last iteration'? I dont understand why people think something 'new' must ahow up x-amount of time later.
Sometimes I think 20 or so years ago was better. No additions. No dlc no patches. Just a clearcut game, ready and complete.

Well, today is the day where we'll see if CDPR can woo some people, yeah?
Remember guys. Everything you hope for, about half of that will most likely be wrong. But I hope for everyone they get something they like.

Cheers.

So allowing Modders to enter Night City with some good tools will be an amazing decision.

Have you seen Half Life: Alyx Levitation? A 100% fan-made expansion. Imagine how many good stories we can live in Night City if they let us tell them and how many new players will buy the game to live them.

There is incredible work done by CDPR, but there is also a lot of value that can be brought by the fans. CDPR is not going to work on Cyberpunk 2077 for 10 years, fans can. There are few hours left for the transmission, we will be attentive and excited about all the news that I hope will be interesting.

Get ready for one new jacket and a gun chooms! 6 months it took to make this stellar amazing content. NG+ nah, we couldn't bother even though Witcher 3 had it within 3 months. I really thought CDPR would turn this around but I see no evidence of this happening. I doubt the expansion will be more than a mere whisper among gaming news when it comes out. May as well call this IP Anthem redux.
Well indeed it would be quite hard to see evidence of anything when the announcement hasn't happened yet and you just complained in a vacuum?

Reddit right now is hilarious, if anyone's looking for a laugh. "I am betrayed," etc.

So allowing Modders to enter Night City with some good tools will be an amazing decision.
modders are already adding new gigs, (still early days) and I have seen a mod that opens up the lower market area in your city block and also seen one where a whole new floor was added

Well indeed it would be quite hard to see evidence of anything when the announcement hasn't happened yet and you just complained in a vacuum?

Reddit right now is hilarious, if anyone's looking for a laugh. "I am betrayed," etc.

reddit never fails to deliver, I'm off to drink some tears

modders are already adding new gigs, (still early days) and I have seen a mod that opens up the lower market area in your city block and also seen one where a whole new floor was added

reddit never fails to deliver, I'm off to drink some tears

-Without subtracting the great value of everything that the CDPR guys with the great Miles and Patrick will tell us this afternoon-. Know some news about the work of Yigsoft is GOLD to expand Cyberpunk 2077, we have not had news for a year when they announced the alliance with Yigsoft for develop tools for modders. I do not lose hope that this ship will reach a safe port. It would certainly be great news too.

Vattier commented on the news that:

We are working with Yigsoft on the development of Cyberpunk 2077 modding tools. The modding community has always been very important to us and we are happy to be working with them side by side on further expanding the tools which are available to modders.

Any news about this on the Night City Wire would be great too.

Last edited:
Even 1.5 didn't fix a majority of the bugs.
Wut?
And nothing happening with updates for months with utter silence doesn't make people hopeful for any new meaningful content
Hyping the hell out of the game, with such mixed messaging, to the point where people still argue over the what was/wasn't promised didn't work out too well. Silence has been golden in their case. It will never live up to some people's expectations, but they've put in real effort to fix and enhance the game.

Top Bottom