Night City Wire Special

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

Want to see Cyberpunk 2077 running on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X?

Tune in to our special stream in 30 minutes at twitch.tv/cdprojektred!

Guest 4318427

This really put my mind at ease. CDPR did well to make it look and run this well on the 2 consoles imo. Kudos.

Whoah, I mean, this looks far better than I expected when it comes to console footage.

What this clip confirmed for me is that what's gonna be truly next level in this game is not graphical fidelity but the sound design and OST. Really like what I'm hearing so far.

Nice. It still looks good. Very good.
I feel relieved now.

I know you're in partnership with Microsoft, but....can we see a bit of PS4 footage? Pretty please? :p

Yeah, looks fine, even if Xbone X looked a bit choppy in places. Always cool to see exploration on foot, reminds me of playing the new Deus Ex games, except this is also open world. Looking solid so far.

Curious why there was no base Xbox One or Series S footage, though, if they're trying to show a comparison. Kinda missing half the Xbox consoles there.

Whoah, I mean, this looks far better than I expected when it comes to console footage.

What this clip confirmed for me is that what's gonna be truly next level in this game is not graphical fidelity but the sound design and OST. Really like what I'm hearing so far.

Those gunshots? Super crisp. And that soundtrack while driving? Excellent! The aural improvements are really remarkable.

I don't know if it's just me ( hope I'm the only one) that thinks that skin shaders look too plastic?
And I'm not talking about those Mox girls, with whom that's the goal I suppose.
1605636790295.png

Maybe it's subsurface scattering issue or lightining.
Thinking about it, the blue boxy building looks plastic too ( and wall texture seems repetitive with every floor has the same leaks and rust pattern).
1605636709997.png

Man,.. If there's not a time limit I'll be walking to a lot of objectives just because I'll want to take in the sites. I did this a lot in Sleeping Dogs and GTA games.. at some point I get tired of it but it does make the first run take a hell of a long time for me to get through.

Guest 4318427

I don't know if it's just me ( hope I'm the only one) that thinks that skin shaders look too plastic?

View attachment 11068100

Maybe it's subsurface scattering issue or lightining.

I'm pretty sure it's just the lighting in this scene that makes it seem that way. Orange light against the guy with dark brown/reddish skin tone washes out all the colour and reflection detail.

Take a look at 5:12 in the demo.
Woodman.jpg

With a brighter light highlighting Woodman's face and showing off all the distinct details of the face. Hard to really discern detail from the vid due to the dodgy compression, which doesn't help.

That being said, I do agree that some surfaces and models seem a bit plasticky...

I sincerely appreciate this showing. It was good to see how the consoles are able to handle the game and the comparison between the two.

If the Xbox One X struggled in some areas with FPS dips like the video showed then I can understand the need for the additional 21 days. It's a huge game after all. I can't even imagine how much the day one PS4 or Xbox One will struggle with this game (looks like it'll be a slide show).

Definitely worth the wait for a new GPU or next gen console.

Top Bottom