Night vision or a flashlight.

+
I wish... those do not exist, oddly enough. Well, in a months time there will probably be a mod for it for PC users.
Well, this post is about lack of nightvision and you came out to state there are mods for Kiroshi's. I guess we all know that these are in the game. Problem is there are no nightvision mods and in the pen and paper CP2020 which this game is based on, these were the basic options to have in your eye cyberware.

Well, this post is about lack of nightvision and you came out to state there are mods for Kiroshi's. I guess we all know that these are in the game. Problem is there are no nightvision mods and in the pen and paper CP2020 which this game is based on, these were the basic options to have in your eye cyberware.
Was replying to the person who said they've found zero mods for eyes... FYI. Just forgot to quote it.

And yes, I know... I have Cyberpunk 2013, 2020 and Red. So yes I know Nightvision is basic options for eyes.

have you guys forgotten? CDPR is still working on it and is a real AAA company when it comes to games.

IIRC the game has been delayed twice and has received DEATH THREATS because of it. I am guessing that would shake everyone and anyone.

So of course the game was then rushed. BUT from what I have seen so far, every problem can be fixed, and once CDPR releases the modding tools, they would most likely be open to test some mods and merge it into the main game, and if not, at least give some stamp of approval or something.

I have only played CP2020 and none of my characters ever got to the stage where eye cyberware was the next thing to get. I think i got the smart link, strength stuff and healing nano bots (or whatever it was called) first.

and since we know that there are scopes that create 2 vision environments at the same time ( the blue (not the rarity) NV scopes) we can actually hold our breaths that we will get something like it, soon enough for our Kiroshis.

have you guys forgotten? CDPR is still working on it and is a real AAA company when it comes to games.

IIRC the game has been delayed twice and has received DEATH THREATS because of it. I am guessing that would shake everyone and anyone.

So of course the game was then rushed. BUT from what I have seen so far, every problem can be fixed, and once CDPR releases the modding tools, they would most likely be open to test some mods and merge it into the main game, and if not, at least give some stamp of approval or something.

I have only played CP2020 and none of my characters ever got to the stage where eye cyberware was the next thing to get. I think i got the smart link, strength stuff and healing nano bots (or whatever it was called) first.

and since we know that there are scopes that create 2 vision environments at the same time ( the blue (not the rarity) NV scopes) we can actually hold our breaths that we will get something like it, soon enough for our Kiroshis.

This is fair. I try not to be to critical at this stage, but I misspeak sometimes.

Yea, im one of those that thinks the game is way to dark in many areas, there has to be another illumination option than complete darkness almost everywhere at night or indoors.

No one force them to make unrealistic deadline, they even said in the conference with investors that they felt "no pressure" to release the game right now...
They made mistake now they are going to pay for it and they deserve it.

Night vision is a lot easier to implement than IR, because IR calls for a "second texture" on every surface that reflects its temperature.

As far as I know there is no night vision or a flashlight in the game. Which is very disappointing, because I can barely see in the dark places. CDPR if you read this, please add one of theese in the near future. Thank you.

I agree. Before I upgraded V's optical cyberwear, I figured nightvision would be a feature
nah... but i got stuck there while just exploring...
on Takemura's mission the spec ops storming the building actually make it much brighter and easier to find your way

Right. I happened to check out that building before the mission, tried to look around, some areas were so dark I ended up leaving. It was neat to go back for a reason, though.

Glad I found this thread. So far I've run across two missions that I can't complete because I can't see where to go. Definitely going to try the night vision scope workaround but they definitely need to come up with something to address the total darkness issue. I'd be happy with a dorky LED headlamp.

This is how much, just for optics, is missing from this game that should be in
Cyberoptics.jpg

It'd be nice if they added a flashlight as a blunt weapon. Then you could use it as a light to look around, but also you can crack someone upside the head with it. That or just add a way to increase brightness in settings. Or even make an optical cyberware light that you can put on.

One of Wakako's gigs actually has you find your way in a totally dark room, and the quest objective at one point is simply "follow the light."

I'm more annoyed by the fact that darkness does not seem to enhance your ability to evade enemies, as in other stealth games such as the Deus Ex and Thief series.

what makes matter worse is that half the time my headlights will randomly stop working

but yeah, as someone earlier already noted, the only example i've found for combating poor vision at night is a sniper i found. very poorly implemented design. still remember how impressed i was with deus ex lighting way back in the day. how far we've fallen

Why is there no flashlight in the game?
It would be cool to see a flashlight as an addition to a weapon, or a suit. I would also like a laser sight on the weapon.

Top Bottom