Night vision or a flashlight.

+
This is another glaring example of a rushed release. Night vision is basic tech and should part of the basic Kiroshi "enhances your vision" for all models, or as an ocular mod (particularly if you implement a legendary ocular system with 4 slots).

There are night vision scopes. Not sure if they are specifically for sniper rifles but here's an image of the one on my sniper rifle.

Edit: Just went down to Wilson and bought another one that functions way more like night vision goggles. It's also just for sniper rifles so it would mean that you would have to constantly carry around a sniper rifle with you but it works.

well atleast the technology exists in game, it deff can be too dark, but I went crazy with my tv settings (like an hour diving into advanced color settings with a guide for my tv) and got it looking much much better for all my games, and tv watching

I wondered about lack of IR or thermal myself but then figured that issue with implementing those would mean that then why enemies shouldn't have them too.

I played on 55" TV and didn't had that much trouble with darkness in some segments, but I have calibrated it's movie and game mode. If you play on TV with HDR I recommend checking HDR settings, because that can sometimes play havoc with gamma levels in games.

I wondered about lack of IR or thermal myself but then figured that issue with implementing those would mean that then why enemies shouldn't have them too.

NPC AI CAN see in the dark LOL... I mean if they cannot I have not experienced that darkness allows me to sneak better. Anyway, I tired some experimenting with the motorcycle head light (in various location son various materials) and I see no reason why this game cannot have a flashlight as the head light functions in exactly the same way and THAT is working in the game.

So at the very least this is good news for the possibility for a mod to add a flashlight or head light into the game Fallout 4 style.

NPC AI CAN see in the dark LOL... I mean if they cannot I have not experienced that darkness allows me to sneak better. Anyway, I tired some experimenting with the motorcycle head light (in various location son various materials) and I see no reason why this game cannot have a flashlight as the head light functions in exactly the same way and THAT is working in the game.

So at the very least this is good news for the possibility for a mod to add a flashlight or head light into the game Fallout 4 style.

I was thinking more how far NPC's can spot you. I used their limited vision range a lot to my advantage, but it wouldn't make sense if they had infrared because you would appear as this glowing object in their vision. Some other issues too.

Cyber flashlight, I think it would work implanted in finger tip, left hand perhaps. I came to think, maybe issue is actually about controls. On Xbox controller at least, how do enable / disable it unless it's separate item, like a weapon? So standard flashlight, that would be then, but then it takes one weapon slot.

Came to think, one of the Gears of Wars games made self conscious joke about that, no flashlights in that universe either. :p

But in this game, as separate item it's possible and I would take it, despite possible inventory hassle.

Then there's that enemies should react to light, so flashlight would only emit light on certain spectrum visible only via implant player has?

I think there should've been an option to switch between vision modes.
Night vision of course and maybe even thermal.
It's only logical that eye implants would have those.

Then there's that enemies should react to light, so flashlight would only emit light on certain spectrum visible only via implant player has?

I feel we do not have to over think this. You see the Enemies on the mini map (even around corners) so I guess it is fair if they see you with a flashlight, a simple bonus in the code should be easy for the DEV (as mod makers have add torch and flashlights in other games with simple tricks like making it have a sound the NPC can only hear). Or just make it easy and say you cannot sneak with a flashlight on in the dark.

I do not really know the engine so I am just speculating. But after doing some tests with the motorcycle head lamp I went from no it is probably not possible for the engine to HEY this should be easy for this single player if they put even a little time into it.

For me the flashlight would be a QOL feature so I do not care if this has no effect on the NPC. But it would not be difficult to have SOME effect with NPC.

Last edited:
I feel we do not have to over think this. You see the Enemies on the mini map (even around corners) so I guess it is fair if they see you with a flashlight, a simple bonus in the code should be easy for the DEV (as mod makers have add torch and flashlights in other games with simple tricks like making it have a sound the NPC can only hear). Or just make it easy and say you cannot sneak with a flashlight on in the dark.

I do not really know the engine so I am just speculating. But after doing some tests with the motorcycle head lamp I went from no it is probably not possible for the engine to HEY this should be easy for this single player if they put even a little time into it.

For me the flashlight would be a QOL feature so I do not care if this has no effect on the NPC. But it would not be difficult to have SOME effect with NPC.
Implant and flashlight combination is convoluted but I was actually thinking about tech aspect and that, I'm not that much to background material and that, but they kinda have a point too. So compromise in that aspect too and what comes to NPC AI, I think simple, scenarios with least amount of variables might be most likely to get implemented.

I'm really kind of stuck with what options there are with controller. All these years and this is like a first time I actually liked to see developer answer to something and also most unlikely time for that to happen.

I just did a short rescue mission where I could not see much except for a few weak lights and I came on here to see a solution. How the heck did they ship a game without a flashlight for the character when there are so many dark corridors and rooms?!>!!

"I spy with my bionic eye.......Turn on a damn light!!!!"

Seriously there are few places where it took me forever to get out becuse i couldnt find the damn door or elevator.

There are areas that are just flat out black where you are literally blind. Even turning gamma up and SSR on does not help, gun fire muzzle flash does no good. Your just bumping around objects and walls trying to find your way around.

The tarot card mission sends you to one such building.

I find it very strange how this two elements were omitted from the game considering how dark it gets in some places. Flashlights and some Nvg mods would we welcome and I think Nvg wouldnt take much work as there is already one sniper rifle sight that has nvg but its too little.

Is it too much to enable this mode in some eye augments?

photomode_25032021_095318.png

photomode_25032021_095332.png

As far as I know there is no night vision or a flashlight in the game. Which is very disappointing, because I can barely see in the dark places. CDPR if you read this, please add one of theese in the near future. Thank you.
i woulda thought dem fancy eyeballs would have it

After my experiments with the motorcycle head light I see no reason technically that the player could not have a flashlight.

We (mod makers) did the exact same thing in Fallout by taking an existing light source in the game that was NOT used for flashlight and just add it to the player as a flashlight. I see this as an oversight by the DEV or a deliberate game play design choice for some reason but it is not a programing challenge that was not addressed because other things were more important. :shrug:

Top Bottom