Night vision or a flashlight.

+
fter my experiments with the motorcycle head light I see no reason technically that the player could not have a flashlight.

We (mod makers) did the exact same thing in Fallout by taking an existing light source in the game that was NOT used for flashlight and just add it to the player as a flashlight. I see this as an oversight by the DEV or a deliberate game play design choice for some reason but it is not a programing challenge that was not addressed because other things were more important.
Arasaka special forces are using flashlight on their weapons when they storm the Takemura hideout to rescue Hanako and the sniper rifle that we get from Panam has a night vision sight so if devs dont add it modders sooner or later will.

Would be neat if you could just equip various Headsets/Occusets/Technogogs/VisoredHelmets to choose either night-vision or simple LED flashlight beams... :) Personally, I'm partial to the LED flashlight beam thing, as the narrow field of view and stark shadows really made games like Dying Light ramp up the tension at times... Could also make 'em craftable, as a modification that you plug into a head-gear upgrade slot... so you could choose either beams/nightvision for the style of eye-wear you like best.

Yep +1 for wanting this in an eye cyberware modification. As for gameplay I'd like it to auto-activate when scanning and the average light level in V's FOV is lower than some preset amount, representing "it's dark". I don't want a new/separate keybind for it.

I often instinctively switch to scanning mode in dark places, expecting to be able to see better and of course I don't (except for some interactive things being pointed out).

It would also make higher-capacity Kiroshis more important/useful. As things stand I barely ever have more than two eye mods active (threat detector & <I forget the name but the one which gives +crit chance>).

May also check your Graphics Display settings on your computer. I had a similar problem when playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance with nights being completely black. I couldn't see anything beyond arms reach at night without a torch in my hand. Someone recommended I change some display settings on my computer and nights were not completely pitch black anymore. I have an Nvidia graphics card, so I brought up their control panel and selected for my computer to use my graphics card settings for the display. I set Color Depth to "Highest 32-bit" and output color format as "YCbCr444." I think the Color Format was what really did the trick for me because I think most times this effects blacks not appearing as actual black and things like that.

Top Bottom