nightcity.love

+
I didn't see a thread discussing this, so I thought I'd make one! What did you guys make of the new website they made and showed off the URL to in the latest Night City Wire?

www.nightcity.love

I particularly loved the detail in the website, from the popup advertisements to the animated ads sprinkled along with photos of the different districts! Really nice touch, and I love the detail it offers about the city! Reminds me of the Night City Sourcebook from the original Cyberpunk 2020, offering details on transport, districts, NCPD Threat levels etc.

RIP to paid parking in Night City, those meter maids must have had it hard before they scrapped paid parking. A city doesn't give up income like that lightly!

I particularly loved the detail in the website, from the popup advertisements to the animated ads sprinkled along with photos of the different districts! Really nice touch, and I love the detail it offers about the city! Reminds me of the Night City Sourcebook from the original Cyberpunk 2020, offering details on transport, districts, NCPD Threat levels etc.

RIP to paid parking in Night City, those meter maids must have had it hard before they scrapped paid parking. A city doesn't give up income like that lightly!
Yeah it's a really neat site. The pop ups are indeed an nice touch reflecting the prevalence of advertisements.

Cant believe I've only noticed it now even, but I love the morbid "death counter" at the top of the page too!
I have a theory that the death counter is going to translate to night city's food production somehow, and that V will go on a quest to somehow discover a soylent green inspired situation where it all ends up being the main ingredients for the mass produced cheap food sources. It fits very well with cyberpunk lore and the dystopian future theme. My guess, if the theory were to be true is that V will have to make a choice where V shuts down the cannibal food factory causing many people to starve, or chooses to stay quiet and keep the secret to themselves in order to prevent more people from starving. I'm hoping there is an alternate way to beat this totally theoretical quest, where V finds an alternate food source so that V can shut down the cannibalistic factory but also prevent the starvation as a result of the shutting down of the factory. This would be really cool.

I have a theory that the death counter is going to translate to night city's food production somehow, and that V will go on a quest to somehow discover a soylent green inspired situation where it all ends up being the main ingredients for the mass produced cheap food sources. It fits very well with cyberpunk lore and the dystopian future theme. My guess, if the theory were to be true is that V will have to make a choice where V shuts down the cannibal food factory causing many people to starve, or chooses to stay quiet and keep the secret to themselves in order to prevent more people from starving. I'm hoping there is an alternate way to beat this totally theoretical quest, where V finds an alternate food source so that V can shut down the cannibalistic factory but also prevent the starvation as a result of the shutting down of the factory. This would be really cool.
It's a cool idea and all, but its fairly well established in lore that agri corps grow and mass produce food on an international scale. That's what those huge rows and rows of tents are south of Night City. A massive agri farm.

Cant believe I've only noticed it now even, but I love the morbid "death counter" at the top of the page too!
2h42t1.jpg

It's a cool idea and all, but its fairly well established in lore that agri corps grow and mass produce food on an international scale. That's what those huge rows and rows of tents are south of Night City. A massive agri farm.
That's also very cool. But even if that's true, that doesn't mean that a conspiracy still couldn't happen somehow as a quest in the game. Like maybe the dead are used for fertilizer for those agriculture tents. Would still sort of make for an interesting quest. Did anyone else notice how the website doesn't load all of the pictures?

I loved the adds as well but my biggest take away is the Ferris Wheel is broken :cry: After hearing the Mad Queen talk about for years i wanted to ride it .

Real talk tho who you voting for mayor

I'm thinking Peralez. I like the idea of a politician who says he'll fight for me and thsn gets a gun out and really fights for me.
View attachment 11060204
That is kind of cool actually. They say something, and then they do what they promised. Rare for a politician. Not impossible though. Depends on what any given persons idea of what they count as a politician is or isn't. Hopefully it will be an interesting subject, in a refreshingly fictional sense, inside the world of Cyberpunk2077. I wonder if V will be able to get involved in these things in game?
I loved the adds as well but my biggest take away is the Ferris Wheel is broken :cry: After hearing the Mad Queen talk about for years i wanted to ride it .
Hopefully V can go on a quest to fix the Ferris Wheel and turn the bottom part into a Cat-maid restaurant?
Feyris Wheel nyan nyan

Its amazing, I love it. Instead of just setting up somethiong to explain lore and stuff they opted for a book with a "journo" view and now a website "corpo" version.

The language used is really that perfect level of corpo profit first "we totally care about the people" speak. Im sure there is a better way to explain that...

Anyone notice the car called "Aerondight"? :cool:
First easter egg of the game.

I made a thread about easter eggs back in july, including the aerondight. Its just been buried to the depths.

Edit: I can actually go back to that thread now that Alanah Pearce is confirmed to be in the game, apparently in the nomad prologue.

Totally missed it. o_O I also lurk in a couple of bug VG communities but it seems it went unnoticed...

Real talk tho who you voting for mayor

I'm thinking Peralez. I like the idea of a politician who says he'll fight for me and then gets a gun out and really fights for me.
View attachment 11060204

That 6th Street really hates one of the candidates (his portrait is being used by them for target practice) maybe indicates he could be a good candidate? I base that only on 6th Street seeming to have a nationalist vibe (which might not be the case once you get in game) and wanting NUSA to control Night City. I'm guessing the target practice candidate earned their ire by being a strong supporter of Night City remaining an independent city-state, but we'll see.

Just noticed that the adverts seem to change too! Just saw these ones as popups for the first time
1600548527249.png

1600550133107.png

Last edited:
It's cool. Remind me of what R* has done with GTAV and RDR2.

Would be interesting if they fallow suit and do updates to the game according to the story monthly or weekly. Or with more lore content.

Top Bottom