Night's Edge?

+
Night's Edge?

So how many of you used the Night's Edge (Vampires and such) and the other supplements from Ianus Games?

Nope, but then I never used any sourcebooks in the first place, so using aftermarket addons would have been a stretch.

I did however run one campaign with players who were white wolf geeks, and worked out pretty simple house rules for adding vamps to 2020. Although, it did have some seriously unhappy consequences for the players, between the amount of weapons in 2020 capable of causing aggravated damage, and the whole limbs regrowing deal. That pissed off one guy to no end :p

Sometimes being a GM is a truly wondrous experience, and that game was wall-to-wall bliss for me.

The game we tried with vampires lasted 3 sessions. The thing I have always liked about Cyberpunk 2020 is to metaphysical crap. No magic, no psychics, no vampires, no werewolves. The one thing I didn't like about Firefly was that River was psychic.

It was introduced to be before I ran. A player was a Vampire Fixer for a time. He frequently abused his mental powers on a regular basis due to the Ref not really caring to read the supplement.

When I started running with new players I had a few Vampires and Werewolves but the players never cared to really investigate it. I had one player with mental powers at once point and she never abused the powers so I never had to keep her on a short leash.

Honestly since most of my players had also played the Cybergeneration Alternate Universe I don't think Vampires out of their comfort zone.

Have most of the Ianus alt. books for CP2020. Never used them but, they had some interesting ideas in them. Has anyone ran any of the Atlas Games supplements?

Tried to place WoD in 2020 with some sucess. Used WWs system and the PC's could be whatever they want with cyberware only available to norms (if you could call a cyberpunk a norm). For some reason the game became less tactical and more strategic. It was fun.

Never did manage to get the books, so no. I know our main Ref made stats up for Vamps in CP2020, but he never used them. I think... lol

Have most of the Ianus alt. books for CP2020. Never used them but, they had some interesting ideas in them. Has anyone ran any of the Atlas Games supplements?

Most anyone who ever used a published adventure probably did, since most of them came from Atlas. RTG only put out three campaign books themselves (Eurotour, Land of the Free and Tales from the Forlorn Hope), all the rest were contracted out.

I've spent the last few days re-working their psychic rules for my 1920's Cthulhu-esque game I'm working on.

Ianus....

Never used them as written, but I stole bits and pieces from them... Sub Attica is a kick ass location, I used it to run a game similar in feel to the movie Fortress with Lambert.

Dark Metropolis had some groovy bits too.

But no, I like my cyberpunk pure... no twatty vampires, no stupid aliens, no frggin werewolves.

I used it for scenarios I ran at cons to try and get the vamps to try Cyberpunk. Met with little success.

For Sard
I....anus

Top Bottom