Nilfgaard After the Patch

+
soph912;n8880610 said:
I don't mill Nilfgaard. It wasn't overpowered at all. I started in open beta with 11-1 but now at lvl 26 I'm slightly above 50% winrate since everybody plays very strong decks, even NR players do.

Yeah they played Reavers. Which is getting nerfed.

Laveley;n8880100 said:
It was kinda totally predictable right?

I think the nerfs that will really hurt here are rainfarn and cahir ones though...

Also, everybody seems to be playing monsters and skel on the ladder now (at least on my elo), both of which are getting nerfed also (monsters not so much, but skel will be a lot different next patch).

I expect a lot of changes on the meta next patch, NR will surely be more viable, skel will be different, monsters probably will be the same but a little weaker. ST still on a weird spot and i dont know if the buffs will be sufficient to make the faction competitive again, their golds still generally sux and ithllene (which is hands down their best gold) is getting nerfed....

In which universe Monsters will be now a bit weaken ?! They buffed them.
Also, isn't only Rainfarn but spies as an archetype is near dead... They killed it... 2nd time !!!
SK was near to die and cause of those crying babies they heared and just in 2 days changed mind to save them.
Also, nautral cards that were staples on NG are now dead... That's a bit unfair for non NG players.
Nautral cards are accessables to all, so they hadn't to go so far to nerf half gwent game cards :p
Imao they can for e.g. make a "side deck" (maybe up to 6 cards), so the players can counter or fix their decks on the go 2nd/3rd round to catch and counter their oppenent. I think this maybe will bring more balance than nerf or make a ban list on the half of the card pool.

BlueyesOwl;n8881080 said:
In which universe Monsters will be now a bit weaken ?! They buffed them.

They only buffed consume cards, but consume archetype will continue to sux imo, and even if it doesnt, consume do deserve a buff. The build everybody is running right now (swarm with dagon or eredin) got slightly nerfed, although i agree that will probably still be the best build for monsters and probably one of the best of the whole game.

I'm rather disappointed about the changes. They only nerfed very few cards and buffed some others. However they failed to address the root of a lot of the current issues with some decks as far as how those decks function

Nilfgaard has a special place in my heart so I don't think I will mill my cards. However, I am looking forward to seeing how Northern Realms plays with all of its buffs! I know reaver hunter won't be as strong as it is now but I hope to see a new Northern Realms deck doing well in the meta!

4RM3D;n8878770 said:
So, all the gold and bronze cards in my Nilfgaard deck are having their strength reduced. That basically means I can mill almost my whole deck for free. Tempting... Maybe now is a good time to try out another faction (not NR). What about you guys? Are you going to mill NG?

PS. NG isn't actually dead... yet. Regardless, those nerfs must make a lot of players happy that were complaining about how 75% of the opponents were NG.

I had a worry about nerfing instead of balancing, well...I am not 100% sure about anything atm. but i can definitely tell you one thing:

I will not stop playing NG. I was playing NG in OBT when no one was playing them, i kept on playing them now because i like them, not because CDPR made them OP, so i will keep playing them now that everyone will go to the next OP Faction/Deck archetype and i feel fine with it.

The only thing i am 100% sure of is, i will mill Gold Weathers because i find them to be bullocks. Any card with permanent effect on the board is 100% bullocks imo.

Keep in mind, that clear skies, which indeed it's lack held Keira back, is no longer that great due to the gutting of rnr/drought.

unless you play SK who don't even have the choice, the bronze remove weathers bronzes are now much more superior.

4RM3D;n8878770 said:
So, all the gold and bronze cards in my Nilfgaard deck are having their strength reduced. That basically means I can mill almost my whole deck for free. Tempting... Maybe now is a good time to try out another faction (not NR). What about you guys? Are you going to mill NG?

PS. NG isn't actually dead... yet. Regardless, those nerfs must make a lot of players happy that were complaining about how 75% of the opponents were NG.

That's what you deserve for playing nilfgaard cancer, scrub.

Last edited:
I really disagree with how CDPR has gone about this patch. It's utter bullshit to nerf almost any card at once that was in the core of Calveit decks. I have almost complete collection now with the extra scraps awarded so if i sound salty it's not because i can't play my one and only "op" deck anymore. I can play whatever the fashion of the week is. But i'm annoyed because the deck was actualy fun to play. It's just bad for the game to destroy what is fun. In terms of pure point values it wasn't even that op. A few minor adjustements or even just redesigning the Golems would have balanced it from a more global Gwent perspective.

Flowneppets;n8892630 said:
I really disagree with how CDPR has gone about this patch. It's utter bullshit to nerf almost any card at once that was in the core of Calveit decks. I have almost complete collection now with the extra scraps awarded so if i sound salty it's not because i can't play my one and only "op" deck anymore. I can play whatever the fashion of the week is. But i'm annoyed because the deck was actualy fun to play. It's just bad for the game to destroy what is fun. In terms of pure point values it wasn't even that op. A few minor adjustements or even just redesigning the Golems would have balanced it from a more global Gwent perspective.

I hear you man, calviet deck was actually really, really fun to play. I switched to weather monsters today and after some dumb moves i picked up on how it works and haven't lost a game since. Problem is, it's an utterly boring deck.

Eh, rip Calviet, you were fun.

colorad0kid1107;n8896240 said:
Shhh.....our Monsters need something to eat!!!! lol

Lol,eating plenty of them. But i want to have fun. If I was only concerned about winning, I'd be a NG player

supafreaky;n8896250 said:
Lol,eating plenty of them. But i want to have fun. If I was only concerned about winning, I'd be a NG player

Are they still pretty tough? My only worry was a last minute Tibor, but even he was a pretty rare sight. I guess I'll see tonight.....

Flowneppets;n8892630 said:

100% agree with you.
I have over 25k scraps but whats the point to spend them on decks I don't like.... This sucks.
Now meta is similar to HS... Dead archetypes, random aggro decks and no brain plays at all.
NG was OP only to those they knew how to play and fun as hell... Wasn't even near to call it broken cause oppenent could interact.
On the other side.... What about Monsters weather now ?! Aren't they broken ?! That awful deck floating all the ranked (from 10 to near top) and is only day 1 of the new patch....
Broken is something that you can't interact... How can I beat something that killing non stop my board and same time spawn mobs on their side again non stop.
Even SK is nearly untouched.... Queensguard can still buffed and as an archetype has at least 3 varieties.
NG has nothing... not even reveal deck can do anything near compatitive play.
That's awful and unbalanced also....

Last edited by a moderator:
BlueyesOwl;n8896520 said:
NG has nothing.

NG is still better then ST.
And yes NG was broken because of the easy deck thinning. To keep with the NG tempo other factions needed golds while NG spammed bronzes.

Personally I think all the NG players should get their level cut in half..due to the fact 50% of that level was cheese on acount of its overly powered mechanics

Top Bottom