Nilfgaard not used much?

+
Now that I am getting a bit familiar with Gwent, I am trying to get at least one deck for each faction. One thing I noticed is that this faction is rarely used, or at least I rarely see them in game. Also, the only leader that is used in decks I looked at mostly is Emhyr and very very rarely Morvran. Is that accurate or I am just not seeing them at my rank? Finally, can someone show me a sample deck with this faction that does not use expensive cards?

Lexor

Forum veteran
I play Gwent since HC and I used NG deck in most of my games (atm I have 468 NG wins out of 534 total).
I also saw many NG decks used by opponents.

Yeah, I don't see Nilfgaard much anymore. I mostly see Monsters and Northern Realms.

I personally use Nilfgaard a lot though. I think they definitely have the right tools to counter a lot of cards. I think they're the hardest faction to win with as well.

You are just not seeing them. Emhyr shupe is still tier 1. Usurper looks really strong ATM. And i've seen some decent Calveit decks. Game update with provision changes just got here so give it some time.

Yeah, since the new provisions update ive seen less usurpers so thats something. I personally play a custom calveit with loads of disruption and deck control (redraws, summons, etc). I really want to try a Voorhis reveal deck, it looks really strong and so far around rank 23 i only saw one othet calveit. The rest were almost all Voorhis reveal decks and a few Emhyr witcher decks.

Emhyr is not bad especially when running a witcher deck. His ability allows for 2 uses of Vesemir mentor so you basically boost ALL your witchers in thr deck,hand and battlefield by 2.
People think hes bad because hes the default nilfgaard leader but he really is okay.

Ill agree though that nilfgaard isnt very popular, mostly because its not for everyone. Not the easiest but also far from hardest faction. Most popular factions i personally found to be in this order: Monsters, Northern Realms, Skellige/Scoia'tael(kind of on par, JUST below NR) and Nilfgaard last.

Lack of decent card combos or missing crucial cards means Nilfgaard cant have a wide variety of decks, so far i only noticed a handful of decks available, and i think this lack of flexibility and variety makes people unwilling to invest RP and scraps into this faction, although it can smash hard with the few decks it has.

Guest 4344268

I run into quite a lot of Nilfgaard (at level 7 at the moment). Someone else mentioned Ehmyr Shupe, and deck-jamming Usurper is also not uncommon. I personally think Nilfgaard has one of the strongest bronze corps in the game. (Some of the 4-provision bronzes can get insane value if left unanswered.)

Assire is also underrated. She's generally played on Roach but can be a lot more effective with other cards (e.g., tactics).

I run into quite a lot of Nilfgaard (at level 7 at the moment). Someone else mentioned Ehmyr Shupe, and deck-jamming Usurper is also not uncommon. I personally think Nilfgaard has one of the strongest bronze corps in the game. (Some of the 4-provision bronzes can get insane value if left unanswered.)

Assire is also underrated. She's generally played on Roach but can be a lot more effective with other cards (e.g., tactics).

Played against 3 x Emyhr/Shupe decks. Won all three times. Gwent HC just doesn't lend itself well to Shupe! In Beta, my ST Shupe deck got me top 1000, but I look at it now and just thing "RNG? why bother?!"

I see a LOT of NG Usurper, but here's the thing - it depends on the deck you use. You'll come up against Usurper more when Eredin is your leader.

I play mill with Emhyr. But only because of high prevalence of SK in my ranks. However, some matchups are also interesting and challenging.

I have played literally nothing except my Usurper deck in constructed modes after Homecoming.
Run into plenty of Emhyrs, but the other three leaders haven't been particularly common encounters for me.

During the faction wars, guess who came second after Monster... yes NG.
That should be proof enough that this faction is played a lot.

Although i almost played against Monster and SC during the faction war.

Some of the Morvran lists are surprisingly good because you can run so many decent golds with an 18p leader. Emhyr Shupe still might be better but it's more reliant on RNG and core cards. The Morvran lists are incredibly flexible and, because the power is distributed across the cards, less reliant on any one of them to necessarily take a game.

Top Bottom