Nilfgaard - Relentlessly Boring

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And people who call this game boring do not know anything about this game.

This really depends on the context. Yeah the game has strategy but I still find it boring due to the stale meta and nothing interesting left to do. The cards and archtypes are just bland. Too much is too weak to use. I look at the deck builder and nothing is interesting to me.

Other than a few tactic decks I don't agree NG has much variety. It's mostly just the same core gold cards with whatever junk bronzes you prefer thrown in.

I would play that as well if it was any good. I thought CDPR would add more witchers and make good changes for it but they didn't.

The deck is actually quite good unless I draw it really bad and have bad luck. It's not super strong, but generally is has very little vulnerability to Geralt and just alot of mid value cards. It's also not very vulnerable to control decks with small damages.

It's very fun, currently one of my favourite decks. I think all the Witcher cards that I've used and played works quite well. I don't have all (Ciri variants mostly).

But it might be extra fun for me since I generally never use the Witcher trio (Auckes etc) in my other Nilfgaard decks.

And well, the "real" Witcher trio was made into a very sad state, so I don't even bring those.

Mmmh it seems that you did not encountered a full assimilate cheesy engines deck yet. It is all-in (no control at all) but can work in some matchups. I don't wan't to imagine the nightmare it would be with your suggestion.

When I posted that, the new Assimilate deck hadn't surfaced yet. Naturally, I gave it a go immediately, but believe me, it is still Tier 3. Even in teamaretuza's meta snapshot. Main reasons? lack of reliable finisher and very vulnerable to bleeding. It's the HC equivalent of the old Reveal :p

Nilfgaard are really interesting , the problem is not them - the problem is the mindless point and control vomit that some other factions and cards bring into the game.

I would have to agree with OP. everybody and their mother plays lock heavy NG and it is so irritating.

Raunbjorn

Nilfgaard are really interesting , the problem is not them - the problem is the mindless point and control vomit that some other factions and cards bring into the game.

Care to elaborate? IMO NG is incredibly boring now compared to beta spies/reveal with no identity and flavor left.

Skip the old factions, just play the new factions! yay! After proper rework headback and test them again.

Care to elaborate? IMO NG is incredibly boring now compared to beta spies/reveal with no identity and flavor left.
Basically , you should know that , when speaking about such topics - ''opinions'' are irrelevant ... no matter who's ...
Facts matter , their identity is cards which answer other cards ... - you can read the tooltips and see what i mean (because i just don't wanna point obvious stuff).
I can absolute agree with you , that in beta NG and all other factions were more and i pointed out that the game is based on point slam and control (which doesn't even deserve to be labeled as one - but instead of random damage spam).

Raunbjorn

Basically , you should know that , when speaking about such topics - ''opinions'' are irrelevant ... no matter who's ...
Facts matter , their identity is cards which answer other cards ... - you can read the tooltips and see what i mean (because i just don't wanna point obvious stuff).
I can absolute agree with you , that in beta NG and all other factions were more and i pointed out that the game is based on point slam and control (which doesn't even deserve to be labeled as one - but instead of random damage spam).
I don't get what you're saying about facts and opinions - I mean it's not a "fact" that "NG is interesting". It's your own opinion just like I said mine and that's fine. And ofc it's about opinions anyway. As a matter of fact it's all about people's opinions since whether NG is "interesting" or "boring" will nor can't be objective.

The main difference between beta and HC NG is that in beta, spies required some setup to work (which was part of what made it fun and satisfying to play) while HC NG doesn't require much if any setup it's just lock this Leo that.

I all, just reinstalled the game. I haven't touched this since Beta. I immediately got back to the great and only Empire only to find out... They are boring as hell, at least with a spy set up. I understand the nerf, but really this is going to far, one thing is not op, another is having a faction with no fun.

I have a novigrad deck now, but I still feel the urge of the black sun, can you advise on fun viable decks? They can be mid tier, but I want to have fun with my boy Emyr

Developers are too carefully introducing new abilities, fear of going beyond the scope of the balance prevails over creativity, and i got a feeling that some of the mechanics remains in the bins for later (for example, armor). In addition, CDPR tied the hands of their designers with low basic card strength; at 4 points you don’t have much variety.

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything to complain. If you have played Witcher 3, you should've known that Niffgaard is supposed to be as boring as possible.

I played against a Nilgaard deck yesterday that absolutely swarmed me and I am trying to understand how. Unfortunately I am new and I do not remember neither the leader ( he was one of the two light haired).

But basically with a combination of Imperial Diviner and Duchess Informant he filled the table and finisdhed with 84 points.

Has somebdoy seen this before? I want to replicate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom